What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra v Drongoes post match discussion.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
f**king lucky Bronco merkins, Fresh Prince plays and we put 60 on the merkjns.
My point is it wouldn't have made any difference. Salmon wore 6 in our two big wins this year but also when we got flogged by the Storm. In all three cases the result wasn't decided by our secondary playmaker.

Did we lose last week because Smith wore the 6? He played 78 minutes at fullback. Behind a badly beaten pack too. Merkins claiming this win was because Will Smith wasn't in the team have no idea. Of course you don't want your backups playing - it means a top 17 player is unavailable.

hindy111

Post Whore
My point is it wouldn't have made any difference. Salmon wore 6 in our two big wins this year but also when we got flogged by the Storm. In all three cases the result wasn't decided by our secondary playmaker.

Did we lose last week because Smith wore the 6? He played 78 minutes at fullback. Behind a badly beaten pack too. Merkins claiming this win was because Will Smith wasn't in the team have no idea. Of course you don't want your backups playing - it means a top 17 player is unavailable.

W.Smith also played in the win against Souths.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Main difference last night was we held the ball early and actually used the fkn thing built pressure, got a couple of tries and when this team plays with confidence we are champion downhill skiers.

Opposite when we are on the back foot early we are champions of towel throwing in.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I see Nrown made just 25 tackles tonight .... he played the full 80 minutes yeah?

I think this is f**kin fantastic ... in years gone by he was making 40+ tackles in games ... and i reckon it took too much out of him .... he made 19 runs for 153m tonight ... excellent others are taking up the defensive workload

Played 58 mins

Gronk

Staff member
Dylan and Moses are our future halves. But I like Salmon as a centre and cover for the halves when needed.

I reckon Salmon will find himself on the bench next game. If Hoff is fit, he’ll keep his spot and Salmon will play a utility role at the expense of Ray Milat.

Happy MEel

First Grade

You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think replacing Smith and Tep made no difference at all. If BA thought it wouldn’t make a difference he wouldn’t have bothered replacing them in the first place.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I reckon Salmon will find himself on the bench next game. If Hoff is fit, he’ll keep his spot and Salmon will play a utility role at the expense of Ray Milat.
I could live with that as well. I reckon he is one of our top 17 players and his utility value means we should be able to accommodate him in the team each week.

It would also mean we would have decent halves cover in the event (heaven forbid) Drown’s back doesn’t hold up.

84 Baby

Referee
You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think replacing Smith and Tep made no difference at all. If BA thought it wouldn’t make a difference he wouldn’t have bothered replacing them in the first place.
Of course it made a difference but you’ve gone from singling out Smith as the reason we lost, to including Moeroa as reason too. Which is it, Happy MErkin!?!