What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Vs The Bunnies

murraymob

Coach
For all the talk of Kenny’s superior service, tonight was the first time he had to do anything else but shovel the ball on & he struggled. He could of just had an off game but I do think people have jumped the gun a little with him.

Thought Egan & Leota both made big differences when they came on & Tamou, JFH good as always.

Edit - Edwards looking better & better too.

Kenny is a talent and it has been proven young players do struggle at first to maintain consistant performances Given what we have at the club he is the best option

Devilous

Juniors
For all the talk of Kenny’s superior service, tonight was the first time he had to do anything else but shovel the ball on & he struggled. He could of just had an off game but I do think people have jumped the gun a little with him.

Thought Egan & Leota both made big differences when they came on & Tamou, JFH good as always.

I agree, I thought we looked much better after 20mins when Egan came on. Hopefully Kenny can learn from it.

It was also nice to see Edwards finally pull off an overlap pass! The amount of times we have bombed that play this year.....

Another good defensive effort as well, we have improved a lot recently

If we could just hold onto the ball we might turn out to be a decent team, can't keep scraping over the line with <70% completion rate and expect to constantly win games

Fangs

Coach
I agree, I thought we looked much better after 20mins when Egan came on. Hopefully Kenny can learn from it.

It was also nice to see Edwards finally pull off an overlap pass! The amount of times we have bombed that play this year.....

Yeah that was nice. Overall Edwards is still awkward in attack.

Crashtest

Juniors

He even managed to chime in to a back line move and throw the final pass for a try assist!

Although it's good for this season that his confidence and form are getting better, I still don't see him as our long term fullback with his limited ball playing.

Pomoz

Bench
It was nice to see the team really put in the effort when things weren't going their way. Thankfully, we hung in there and defended well when Souths got on a roll and frustrated them. The refs decided that an arm wrestle was ok and allowed the play the ball area to be a mess. The amount of times the ball was allegedly dropped in a tackle when there was several South's players attacking the ball was very frustrating.

A couple of stand outs for me:
  • Dave's mate, why the hell can't you pick a player in the centres who has some pace? Stop persisting with this negative back rower to centre tactic. We are so lucky Roberts didn't tear us a new one.
  • Too tries his heart out every game. He may have some mistakes in him, but he is a real handful in spite of people thinking he is too small. Well done young fella.
  • We are such a slow side. Roberts gets in the clear and that's us done. If South's and had an experienced half, Yeo and Mansour would have been roasted repeatedly. We desperately need some new backs and a new sprint coach. The current one managed to get Blake to look as slow as Mansour.
  • RCG WTF? 54m 22 tackles. Lazy, egotistical, disinterested. Feel free to add your own adjectives.
  • Dave's mates use of the bench mystifies me. Only uses 7 interchanges, 9m for Lua, 26m for Winterstein, 30m for Kenny. It makes no sense unless he is trying to develop endurance athletes for an end of season iron man trip.

Dave's mate

Juniors
It was nice to see the team really put in the effort when things weren't going their way. Thankfully, we hung in there and defended well when Souths got on a roll and frustrated them. The refs decided that an arm wrestle was ok and allowed the play the ball area to be a mess. The amount of times the ball was allegedly dropped in a tackle when there was several South's players attacking the ball was very frustrating.

• Dave's mate, why the hell can't you pick a player in the centres who has some pace? Stop persisting with this negative back rower to centre tactic. We are so lucky Roberts didn't tear us a new one.
  • Too tries his heart out every game. He may have some mistakes in him, but he is a real handful in spite of people thinking he is too small. Well done young fella.
  • We are such a slow side. Roberts gets in the clear and that's us done. If South's and had an experienced half, Yeo and Mansour would have been roasted repeatedly. We desperately need some new backs and a new sprint coach. The current one managed to get Blake to look as slow as Mansour.
  • RCG WTF? 54m 22 tackles. Lazy, egotistical, disinterested. Feel free to add your own adjectives.
  • Dave's mates use of the bench mystifies me. Only uses 7 interchanges, 9m for Lua, 26m for Winterstein, 30m for Kenny. It makes no sense unless he is trying to develop endurance athletes for an end of season iron man trip.
No one in the sport catches Roberts to be fair

betcats

Referee
Roberts gets in the clear against any side it’s done, he doesn’t get run down. What options do we have at centre besides Yeo? Aekins? I mean he was up against Kyle turner not Roberts so it wasn’t a mismatch in any case.

At the moment I think Yeo pretty much has to play in the centres.

If you pick Aekins for instance then the NRL wouldn’t give dispensation for Naden.

Yeo will only be in the centres for one more game, though.

franklin2323

Immortal
Roberts gets in the clear against any side it’s done, he doesn’t get run down. What options do we have at centre besides Yeo? Aekins? I mean he was up against Kyle turner not Roberts so it wasn’t a mismatch in any case.

Naden almost got him in cover

franklin2323

Immortal
At the moment I think Yeo pretty much has to play in the centres.

If you pick Aekins for instance then the NRL wouldn’t give dispensation for Naden.

Yeo will only be in the centres for one more game, though.

Whare is due back next game and Naden eligible now. So hopefully those days are past

I you wanted to speed up the backline after June 30

Edwards
Naden
Aekins
Whare
To’o

Not super quick, but a little faster and more agile.

Whare will be there no matter what I’d say