What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra v Drongoes post match discussion.

84 Baby

Referee
Our ball movement was effective cos all the merkins were moving without the ball ... the broncos had to make decisions - and tbh they have some dumb merkins, so made poor decisions .... no doubt you couldnt spread it like that against melbourne, but a bit of attitude and intensity goes a long way

Oh and holding on to the f**king ball
Yeah that Shibbyshaky bloke was pretty fragile all game

Gronk

Staff member
The most pleasing thing apart from the win, was that our ball movement looked so natural. In previous games we’ve looked a little clunky. Our side to side movement reminded me of the BS days. In particular the semi final where we ambushed the roosters.
Our ball movement was effective cos all the merkins were moving without the ball ... the broncos had to make decisions - and tbh they have some dumb merkins, so made poor decisions .... no doubt you couldnt spread it like that against melbourne, but a bit of attitude and intensity goes a long way

Agree that our backline looked slick but I think it was aided by the Broncos poor line speed.

IFR33K

Coach
Agree that our backline looked slick but I think it was aided by the Broncos poor line speed.

We made them make poor decisions in defence because of our slick ball movement and offloads. A few kicks behind their line also aided in the broncos poor line speed.

From the outset we looked switched on, glad we kept the intensity up all night.

yy_cheng

Coach
Darius is clearly a good player. When he chose to inject himself in the second half as the second 5/8 he was dangerous with a cutout pass or kick into the red zone. His heart is really not in it anymore however, as a leader and captain he was quiet and did little to motivate his troops. Needs to take a Gutho pill or retire.
he still can't get over uncle Wayne poor dude

yy_cheng

Coach
The most pleasing thing apart from the win, was that our ball movement looked so natural. In previous games we’ve looked a little clunky. Our side to side movement reminded me of the BS days. In particular the semi final where we ambushed the roosters.
Looked liked one of those Canberra teams of times gone by that expansive type of play.. Bring back Parra ball

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think replacing Smith and Tep made no difference at all. If BA thought it wouldn’t make a difference he wouldn’t have bothered replacing them in the first place.
I don't think it was about dropping scapegoats so much as it was about bringing new blokes in - change for the sake of it. Or do you think Salmon was replaced after the Storm game because the loss was his fault?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I was replying to Pou who said it made no difference and how have I not included Tep?

...and then there’s this

View attachment 30609

Nice try though
You've based your assessment on a single game at home against a team as inexperienced and mentally weak as ours.

This was one of the few games this year I've been confident we'd win. And that was before the side we named.

Chipmunk

Coach

Maybe he had to put him in the leadership group because every other forward besides Gillets is a 12 year old.

Doesn't necessarily make him a great leader of men if he's only a leader because he is the last one left and they needed to add a number to a group.

If he was a genuine leader it would have been recognised earlier and he would've been in the group from the outset.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

It felt like playing against the Parramatta Eels. They were the perfect opposition for us.

Unfortunately the revenge factor should see them deserved favourites in Brisbane in a few weeks. Though we did beat them twice in the space of a month in 2017.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Maybe he had to put him in the leadership group because every other forward besides Gillets is a 12 year old.

Doesn't necessarily make him a great leader of men if he's only a leader because he is the last one left and they needed to add a number to a group.
Why does he need to be a 'great leader of men' to be a leader? I'd say there are very few great leaders in the game, and certainly none in our squad. Lodge would add leadership to a side like ours, just as he adds to a side like the Broncos.
If he was a genuine leader it would have been recognised earlier and he would've been in the group from the outset.
He just turned 24 ffs

Djay

Juniors
My point is it wouldn't have made any difference. Salmon wore 6 in our two big wins this year but also when we got flogged by the Storm. In all three cases the result wasn't decided by our secondary playmaker.

Did we lose last week because Smith wore the 6? He played 78 minutes at fullback. Behind a badly beaten pack too. Merkins claiming this win was because Will Smith wasn't in the team have no idea. Of course you don't want your backups playing - it means a top 17 player is unavailable.
Yea your gotta be joking if you think the changes of dropping Smith and Moeroa weren't made to improve us. Regardless of what stats you want to throw at us, I was there and I saw it first hand, Salmon is a much better foil for Moses and we looked better cause of it, plain and simple and hence why our attack looked much better.

It all has to do with our forwards aiming up and that determines if we win or not. But our forwards aimed up massively against Souths and we only won by what 10-12 points with Smith in the side and Moses setting up 3 tries, last night they aimed up again and we won by 28, so that tells me our halves were much better last night and that happened to have Salmon in instead of Smith.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yea your gotta be joking if you think the changes of dropping Smith and Moeroa weren't made to improve us. Regardless of what stats you want to throw at us, I was there and I saw it first hand, Salmon is a much better foil for Moses and we looked better cause of it, plain and simple and hence why our attack looked much better.

It all has to do with our forwards aiming up and that determines if we win or not. But our forwards aimed up massively against Souths and we only won by what 10-12 points with Smith in the side and Moses setting up 3 tries, last night they aimed up again and we won by 28, so that tells me our halves were much better last night and that happened to have Salmon in instead of Smith.
The analysis of a f**king moron

Latest posts