What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 2019

Spot On

Coach
Latrell Mitchell's piss weak performance was the big difference between the sides in game 1 Lemon. Lack of another prop hurt as well.

But I understand what you are saying. Will have to wait for the side to see what they come up with.

billygilmore

Juniors
You guys have Cook we have Hunt, are you really that worried?

If Latrine can even half turn up, he’s up against bloody Will Chambers for Christ sake, he could put on 3 tries if he wants to even if you picked the classic Gallen Farah halves combo

no name

Coach
Surely these ‘leaks’ are smokescreens to the media to see how gullible they are.

We can’t honestly be going back to Pearce, and Finucane over Siafiti is a no brainer.

big hit!

Bench
Until 2 weeks ago Jimmy shouldn't have been in first grade

He’s playing well at right time for this match. Plus we know his character is in these sorts of matches. Likewise, we know Pearce’s mental demons. Walker is still an unknown but currently damaged goods. Wighton is also an unknown and not someone you’d pair with Clearly (let’s face it, he’ll be there).

It really is damning for NSW that of two of the most positions on a rugby league field, we don’t have blokes in the prime 23-28 yo age range who are clear selections.

I digress. NSW need a result in Game 2 off a short prep. It has to be Maloney.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Tommy's team:

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Addo Carr
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. Tom Trbojevic
5. Blake Ferguson
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Moses
8. Jake Trbojevic
9. Damien Cook
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Tyson Frizell
13. Cameron Murray

14. Payne Haas
15. Dale Finucane
16. Victor Radley
17. Jack Wighton

big hit!

Bench
Seriously wtf are they thinking?

Everyone wanted to blow Freddie last year saying he was finally picking the right players.. but honestly QLD were ripe for the picking last year and we only just fell in to be honest.

Hope to be proven wrong but I think it’s series over in Perth

And Walters picked wrong players.

DCE makes QLD an infinitely better team. Everyone got blinded by a poor couple of matches a few years back with minimal prep due to injury, and alongside Thurston who controls a footy team. DCE wants to control a footy team. He did that Game 3 last year and game 1 this year and look at the difference from game 1 and 2 last season......their backs are actually getting the ball again like they did in the lockyer, thurston, crook years and damaging NsW.

Maloney is really the only bloke NSW have who can organise play under pressure

TheFrog

Coach
Pearce with Cleary literally makes no sense
Cleary/Maloney or Pearce/Walker. Although I think Fittler should hold his nerve and send Cleary/Walker out again. It was only one intercept.

Tedesco
T Trebojevic
Mitchell
J Morris
Addo-Carr
Walker
Cleary
Tamou
Cook
Vaughan
Cordner
Friz
Jake

Wighton
Haas (edit: injured- Finucane instead)
Murray
T Sims

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Pearce is clearly scared to pull on the jersey again and not willing to back himself to win us a series

Its the right call for him though. He can focus on taking Knights to top 4 and being a premiership threat. Let Cleary cop the hate now. The only man with a chance at winning it for us is Maloney. Who seems to be the only player not being considered

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Let Cleary cop the hate now. The only man with a chance at winning it for us is Maloney. Who seems to be the only player not being considered
Jimmy's snub is rude, I am happy to give Walker another chance myself.

The flipside for Nathan if we do win the series, be two in a row.

Poor old man Josh son of Steve keeps getting called upon by Freddie not to be a oathbreaker, like Uhtred for Alfred.

ReddFelon

Juniors
No Haas and Pearce is a good thing. Haas did nothing outside of that stupid penalty. Pearce chokes in big games, he's a bit like Ben Hunt, all the skill but haunted by previous failure. Maloney and Finucane.

GongPanther

Referee
When does this team get picked? Is it "exclusively" on Channel Gus, 30 minutes after I got the side for Origin 1? :)

Latest posts