What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Sea Eagles

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
We lost today because we are hopeless int he tackle.

We don't dominate, we allow fast play the ball and then Manly ran through the middle. We have no fight in the tackle and we don't slow them enough. Notice in the second half they started offloading.

For some reason we had no intensity. Mary has had the problem most of the time he has been in charge.

getsmarty

Immortal
can anybody let me know what position Field was playing when he got on and also what he brings to the team under our game plan ? Also before the game mary said about maranta "he was last man standing " thats how he got the position . Our stocks for first grade are at an absolute minimum . We need to find a centre quicksmart .. And agree Korbin was left off way too long

Won't make a difference.....compare a coach like Hasler to ours....hasler would teach Aitkin how to pass etc..he would make him into a superstar and our coach is a former Rep centre...

Garrick is coming along in leaps and bounds....Our systems are old....Easy to read....I just hope guys like vaughan and frizz want to hang around because you couldn't blame any of our players for leaving to further their career's ..

Predicted McGregor presser "yeah we were going OK until we lost our club captain and hooker in Cam. After that we went away from our systems and struggled to gain ascendency.
I was excited with what I saw from our outside backs today though and its great to have depth with so may guys not available. We didn't have a number of players available today you know?
Yeah its hard not having players available. Its been tough not having Gaz and Jack if I'm going to be honest.
But thats not an excuse......"
upload_2019-6-16_14-50-56.jpeg

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Won't make a difference.....compare a coach like Hasler to ours....hasler would teach Aitkin how to pass etc..he would make him into a superstar and our coach is a former Rep centre...

Garrick is coming along in leaps and bounds....Our systems are old....Easy to read....I just hope guys like vaughan and frizz want to hang around because you couldn't blame any of our players for leaving to further their career's ..

Do you mean like Morris, Merrin, Dugan, Thompson and Au Mau?

I don’t see the paradigm either.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Maybe Aitken is the new Maranta
Such a strong centre pairing
Anyone who doesn’t think Mc Innes is essential to our side is kidding themselves
For the rest if this game I think Hunt to hooker, Field to half and Robson back rower / lock reserve

Not “essential”, but there’s room for improvement.

getsmarty

Immortal
Do you mean like Morris, Merrin, Dugan, Thompson and Au Mau?

I don’t see the paradigm either.

Arguably none of those players improved under McGregor...bar Au mau... ( Power Game suited him...simple run hard instructions ) younger players have a greater ability to improve...my point being we let them go because they don't improve / not given a chance / we cannot Identify talent within . Yes its all debatable....

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Arguably none of those players improved under McGregor...bar Au mau... ( Power Game suited him...simple run hard instructions ) younger players have a greater ability to improve...my point being we let them go because they don't improve / not given a chance / we cannot Identify talent within . Yes its all debatable....

None of those players “improved”?

Seriously?

They’re either SOO and/or vastly experienced first grade material. All would be immense upgrades over what Millward has provided in recent years.

Morris or Ravalawa?
Merrin or Host?
Dugan or Maranta?
Ah Mau or Latimore?

I know who I’d rather have.

getsmarty

Immortal

Seriously?

They’re either SOO and/or vastly experienced first grade material. All would be immense upgrades over what Millward has provided in recent years.

Morris or Ravalawa?
Merrin or Host?
Dugan or Maranta?
Ah Mau or Latimore?

Not what I was talking about....agree re the above..yet we did let them go didn't we ?????

You are always looking for an argument....go argue with someone else..

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Not what I was talking about....agree re the above..yet we did let them go didn't we ?????

You are always looking for an argument....go argue with someone else..

I think you’re confusing me with that Objective View guy. You need to revisit and reassess the last sentence of the post (#18,239) which has led to this conversation.

getsmarty

Immortal
I think you’re confusing me with that Objective View guy. You need to revisit and reassess the last sentence of the post (#18,239) which has led to this conversation.

I have stated what I believe.......you have a right to disagree....have a good evening jimmy.

P.S Morris was a Rep player before Mary showed up...Guys like dugan always on the Radar as was Merrin...My comments are solely based on the McGregor years.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The record is there and speaks for itself.

Opposition teams have consistently beaten us in the second half, and our impression on the competition ladder for the last five seasons has been far from glorious.

Responsibility for this must land on the coach's doorstep.

But we again find ourselves losing our way after extending McGregor's contract during the season.

Responsibility for this must land on the Club board's doorstep.

Blaming it on the players, many of whom were not here five years ago, is just nonsense.

Seriously?

Morris or Ravalawa?
Merrin or Host?
Dugan or Maranta?
Ah Mau or Latimore?

Not gonna lie Morris should of been over ravalawa but the rest Merrin would be no loss if jdb was there Dugan 800k or maranta who Millard stated was a cc player 125k
Ah mau 550k or Latimore prob 250k ?
Think it’s to do a lot with having Widdop hunt on big money while Norman is on good money too much money is in our halves and overpaid centres.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Yes, but that should be up to the new head coach and Gould. If I had a say the following players would be shown the door:
Dufty to reserve grade
Pearson to reserve grade
Maranta - gone
Aitken - gone
Rava - to reserve grade
Lawrie - to reserve grade
Graham - gone
Latimore - gone
Allgood - gone
Robson - already going

I believe a new top grade coach would be able to improve the proformance of the remaining players.
1. Lomax
2. Saab
3. New recruit
4. New recruit
5. New recruit
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. RCG
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. Host
13. Frizell

14. K Sims - prop rotation
15. Timm - prop rotation
16. Leilua - prop/backrow rotation
17. Ford - backrow rotation

1. How did Leilua remain in the club? Time for him to go.
2. Pearson was ok and needs to stay in first grade.
3. Saab is not ready for first grade needs more time in CC.
4. RCG hasn't been signed.
5. Robson still in side, yet to hear he has signed with cows.
6. I think we need to try field again at fullback - he's fast and a much better tackler than Dufty.
7. Lomax to Centre.

qld redvee

Juniors
dont worry boys we only have to win 7 from 11 !!! - very wishful thinking from marys presser . second week in a row he mentions coaching staff needing to " do more " ( words to that effect ) apparantly coaching staff went away to work things out total waste of time looks like we need more assisstants to coach the coaches

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Yes, but that should be up to the new head coach and Gould. If I had a say the following players would be shown the door:
Dufty to reserve grade
Pearson to reserve grade
Maranta - gone
Aitken - gone
Rava - to reserve grade
Lawrie - to reserve grade
Graham - gone
Latimore - gone
Allgood - gone
Robson - already going

I believe a new top grade coach would be able to improve the proformance of the remaining players.
1. Lomax
2. Saab
3. New recruit
4. New recruit
5. New recruit
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. RCG
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. Host
13. Frizell

14. K Sims - prop rotation
15. Timm - prop rotation
16. Leilua - prop/backrow rotation
17. Ford - backrow rotation
Congrats on the enthusiasm mate but why bother. Its a lost cause and with you know who in charge, nothing much changes.