What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG KUMULS Squad

mikail-eagle

Bench
Just been announced.

1. Edene Gabbie - Wynnum Manly Seagulls
2. Edwin Epape - Wynnum Manly Seagulls
3. Enoch Maki - PNG Hunters
4. James Segeyaro - Brisbane Broncos
5. Junior Rau - PNG Hunters
6. Justin Olam- Melbourne Storm
7. Kurt Baptiste- NQ Cowboys
8. Kyle Laybutt- Townsville Blackhawks
9. Lachlan Lam- Sydney Roosters
10. Luke Page - Burliegh Bears
11. Moses Meninga - PNG Hunters
12. Nixon Putt - North Devil's
13. Rhadly Brawa- Wynnum Manly Seagulls
14. Rhyse Martin- Canterbury Bulldogs
15. Stanton Albert- PNG Hunters
16. Terry Wapi - PNG Hunters
17. Xavier Coates - Brisbane Broncos
18. Zev John - Redcliffe Dolphins

Burns

First Grade
How many of their regulars aren’t there? They have some players overseas right?

Also, what’s happened to the Hunters this season in the QRL Cup?

mikail-eagle

Bench
Nene MacDonald is injured.
Alex Johnson would have been selected but is also out injured.
And no players from the English Super League and Championship we're considered.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Just been announced.

1. Edene Gabbie - Wynnum Manly Seagulls
2. Edwin Epape - Wynnum Manly Seagulls
3. Enoch Maki - PNG Hunters
4. James Segeyaro - Brisbane Broncos
5. Junior Rau - PNG Hunters
6. Justin Olam- Melbourne Storm
7. Kurt Baptiste- NQ Cowboys
8. Kyle Laybutt- Townsville Blackhawks
9. Lachlan Lam- Sydney Roosters
10. Luke Page - Burliegh Bears
11. Moses Meninga - PNG Hunters
12. Nixon Putt - North Devil's
13. Rhadly Brawa- Wynnum Manly Seagulls
14. Rhyse Martin- Canterbury Bulldogs
15. Stanton Albert- PNG Hunters
16. Terry Wapi - PNG Hunters
17. Xavier Coates - Brisbane Broncos
18. Zev John - Redcliffe Dolphins

Questions for the forum...

There are 5 PNG Hunters players there which is great. Are any of the other guys FORMER Hunters that who moved on into an NRL club system?

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Questions for the forum...

There are 5 PNG Hunters players there which is great. Are any of the other guys FORMER Hunters that who moved on into an NRL club system?
I think putt and brawa played for the hunters. Gabbie perhaps also?

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Worryingly I agree. How long have the hunters been playing in the Queensland cup now. 5-6 years??

Yeah around that mate, and the hunters setup is a good breeding ground for players to take the step to the next level, it’s exposed the market for QLD cup teams. They are just struggling to make it to the next level.

I’m not sure if it’s the natural build ? They are smaller on avg then say the Pacific Islanders. Is education an issue ?, it would be a massive leap in just lifestyles coming from png to aus or nz

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Yeah around that mate, and the hunters setup is a good breeding ground for players to take the step to the next level, it’s exposed the market for QLD cup teams. They are just struggling to make it to the next level.

I’m not sure if it’s the natural build ? They are smaller on avg then say the Pacific Islanders. Is education an issue ?, it would be a massive leap in just lifestyles coming from png to aus or nz
Kumuls do tend to be on the short side but very stocky build. Not sure what the answer is other than to keep plugging away and maybe introduce junior teams to the hunters setup and get the young kumul kids of 16,17 and 18 eating well and training hard.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Kumuls do tend to be on the short side but very stocky build. Not sure what the answer is other than to keep plugging away and maybe introduce junior teams to the hunters setup and get the young kumul kids of 16,17 and 18 eating well and training hard.
Potential is in PNG, I mean the passion and desire is already their for all to see with them, it’s just about getting them to that next level now, but it has seemed to have stalled the last 5 years.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Potential is in PNG, I mean the passion and desire is already their for all to see with them, it’s just about getting them to that next level now, but it has seemed to have stalled the last 5 years.
Absolutely. The population of PNG has increased from something like 5 million to 8 million in 20 years and is continuing to grow every year. Plus more and more people are migrating to the cities and towns from the rural areas in which more than likely these cities and towns have a digicel cup team and local leagues for the kids to join and play in.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Solid professional squad but they lack more NRL class. Hopefully more PNG players filter through to the top teir of the game over the next decade. A pool of 20 - 25 NRL players to select from will make a massive difference to them.