What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Moses

When NSW loses again next Sunday and If Moses performs and leads us to a win against Canberra the following week I reckon he’s got a shot at playing origin 3 with nothing to win/lose Freddy likes him as a player and may blood him
Don;t be surprised if he gets a call up for game 2.

Kornstar

Coach
One thing I would like Moses to improve in his game is his kicking. It's quite one dimensional.
Last night, (unless we were in the attacking zone), it was just high ball after high ball on the last tackle.
Maybe, due to the perceived dewiness of Bankwest, he is under instruction to kick high on the 6th, but it is very predictable, and usually easily contained by the opposition.
Surely, in dewy conditions a long low ground hugging kick is just as difficult to pick up? The Gower try is a perfect example. And kicking to the seagulls is just as effective metre gain wise? A few sessions with Sterlo wouldn't go astray I reckon, if only to improve his variety of kicking and make it more unpredictable.

We rarely have a roll on on the 5th and then we take an age to get the ball to him and there are generally no blockers for him so he has no choice but the kick the shit out of it.

I'm not saying he isn't part of the problem but like i have said many times since Drown has been injured, there is zero mystery on who is getting the ball on clearing kicks. There are players in his face 99% of the time so with the lack of space it is easier to kick the shit out of it high in the air rather than risk driving it low an getting charged down.

The team are either making good yards and getting to the 5th within the 30 OR they are getting dominated and trying a clearing kick from behind our 40. Everyone needs to be better!

Suitman

Post Whore
We rarely have a roll on on the 5th and then we take an age to get the ball to him and there are generally no blockers for him so he has no choice but the kick the shit out of it.

I'm not saying he isn't part of the problem but like i have said many times since Drown has been injured, there is zero mystery on who is getting the ball on clearing kicks. There are players in his face 99% of the time so with the lack of space it is easier to kick the shit out of it high in the air rather than risk driving it low an getting charged down.

The team are either making good yards and getting to the 5th within the 30 OR they are getting dominated and trying a clearing kick from behind our 40. Everyone needs to be better!

Agreed re the blockers. Moses has been being monstered on his 5th tackle kicks all season. Why we don't have blockers god only knows.
Poor coaching tbh.

Soto

Bench
One thing I would like Moses to improve in his game is his kicking. It's quite one dimensional.
Last night, (unless we were in the attacking zone), it was just high ball after high ball on the last tackle.
Maybe, due to the perceived dewiness of Bankwest, he is under instruction to kick high on the 6th, but it is very predictable, and usually easily contained by the opposition.
Surely, in dewy conditions a long low ground hugging kick is just as difficult to pick up? The Gower try is a perfect example. And kicking to the seagulls is just as effective metre gain wise? A few sessions with Sterlo wouldn't go astray I reckon, if only to improve his variety of kicking and make it more unpredictable.
So true. Has to be team tactics.
Seeing the same high kicks to the fullback is just catching practice.
Ironically the only time he played for the sideline he kicked out on the full.
I really like Moses and i think he is unfairly targeted. I see him getting better and better.
Being without a genuine 5/8 since DBrown has been missing has shown he is definitely maturing and he is leading the NRL in try assists.
Better placed kicks and more running will increase his representative chances.
Getting DBrown back will also take pressure off him

Kornstar

Coach
Agreed re the blockers. Moses has been being monstered on his 5th tackle kicks all season. Why we don't have blockers god only knows.
Poor coaching tbh.

It is the 1%ers that we really suck at. line speed, kick chase, pressure on kickers, blockers etc.

Coaching is definitely an issue overall.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Poor coaching tbh.
The same with defending bombs. Its catch it or else. No blockers and generally no support for the guy under the ball. How it hasnt been exploited more is a real mystery.

The same with defending bombs. Its catch it or else. No blockers and generally no support for the guy under the ball. How it hasnt been exploited more is a real mystery.
If he is going to kick them on a regular basis, You'd at least think that he could learn to kick the ones that are difficult to catch. I can kick them, he should be able to.

Bandwagon

Staff member
If he is going to kick them on a regular basis, You'd at least think that he could learn to kick the ones that are difficult to catch. I can kick them, he should be able to.

He can and he has, but it'sa difficult kick to control, and you need that split second of extra time to make sure it's right. and he just isn't getting it. Note how deep he sets himself on the the last, because everyone knows he's getting the ball and the defence is lining the poor merkin up every single kick.

Chipmunk

Coach
We will never win a comp with Moses as the chief playmaker in the team.

Happy for every muppet on the forum to make this quote their signature block if it changes. I'm confident enough to say I'll always be right though.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Happy for every muppet on the forum to make this quote their signature block if it changes. I'm confident enough to say I'll always be right though.
There's almost no chance we'll ever win a comp before Moses retires anyway, no matter who he's playing for. So it's not much of a prediction.

Gronk

Staff member

No, but we could win the comp with Moses and a competent 5/8 who can play on the left, be a true last and attacking kick option and ball player. DCE and Foran come to mind in 2013/14. Throw in a ball playing fullback and a darting hooker and you have a killer spine.

There is no reason why Gutho, Brown, Moses & Reedy can’t progress into an elite combination.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There’s no way you can say that with 100% certainty unless you can literally see into the future.
I'm not looking at the future, I'm looking at our structural disadvantages. When are they likely to be turned around? No time soon from where I'm sitting.

And even when you are good enough to win the comp there's no guarantee that you will. You need some luck as well. It all adds up to fairly remote prospects over the next decade.

lucablight

First Grade
I'm not looking at the future, I'm looking at our structural disadvantages. When are they likely to be turned around? No time soon from where I'm sitting.

And even when you are good enough to win the comp there's no guarantee that you will. You need some luck as well. It all adds up to fairly remote prospects over the next decade.

What structural disadvantages are you referring to? Unexpected events occur in sport all the time e.g Leicester City winning the Premier league, 2003 NRL Panthers, 2005 NRL Tigers, 2019 Raptors in the NBA. To write off any sporting team for the next 8+ seasons when so many things can change during that time is ridiculous.

Latest posts