What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

TheFrog

Coach
With our side anchored to 14th place on the official ladder for another two weeks at least, here is the ladder ordered by win %.

1. Storm 85 (FA188)
2. Souffs 71 (96)
3. Roosters 69 (91)
4. Raiders 64 (87)
5. Manly 57 (26)
6. Knights 54 (45)
7. Sharks 54 (20)
8. Eels 50 (5)
9. Wests 46 (-45)
10. Cowboys 43 (-52)
11. Panthers 43 (-94)
12. NZ 38 (-38)
13. Broncos 38 (-52)
14. Dragons 38 (-62)
15. Titans 29 (-53)
16. Bulldogs 21 (-162)

CCJohnC

Juniors
With all this non stop talk of SOO and Non-anthem singing did anyone see the attendance figures for last week-end. If I was the NRL I would be worried very worried!!!

martielang

Bench
With all this non stop talk of SOO and Non-anthem singing did anyone see the attendance figures for last week-end. If I was the NRL I would be worried very worried!!!

Makes you wonder if they care though given all the money is through TV these days.

Whino

Bench
A month on. Lets see what has changed after 4 wins on the trot against somewhat weakened opposition.
Please note 8 teams have the bye and we have played an extra game than them. So the rankings are a little inconsistent.

Stats via the NRL

We are 15th we it comes to points scored and 16th for Tries scored. Same
15th when it comes to possession up to 7th
Supports 8th 5th
Line breaks 14th same
Tackles breaks 14th same
All run metres we are last. 11th
Kick return metres 8th. 9th
Off loads 14th. 11th
Line Break assists 14th. same
4th for Tackles made. 14
Total kicks 12th same
We are 1st for conversions. same
Errors made. Now the worst
We are the 2nd worst team on Penalties conceded. Now the worst
Set Completion we are the worst in the NRL Same
Post contact metres 7th 10th
Decoy runs 4th 2nd
All runs 15th 7th
Dummy half runs 13th. same
Try assist last. 13th
Missed tackles we are the worst in the NRL. same
Total kick metre 9th 10
Ineffective tackles 14th. 12
We are the 3rd worst for handling errors. Now we are the worst team in the NRL for handling errors.

There have been some improvements over the past month with runs and metres in particular improving. A small improvement for Try Assists, Off loads and a big increase for possessions.
We had made the 4th most tackles a month ago and now we 14th.

While the result show no improvement in Points and Tries scored compared to other teams I feel we have improved slightly over the past month and we are coming from behind in a lot of other categories due to our poor performances in the first 2 months of the season.

However lets not kid ourselves there has been no improvements in Errors, Handling errors, missed tackles and our discipline when it comes to penalties has worsened.

Should we have any shred of hope of finishing the year strong those areas will have to dramatically improve.

A month on. Lets see what has changed after 4 wins on the trot against somewhat weakened opposition.
Please note 8 teams have the bye and we have played an extra game than them. So the rankings are a little inconsistent.

Stats via the NRL

We are 15th we it comes to points scored and 16th for Tries scored. Same
15th when it comes to possession up to 7th
Supports 8th 5th
Line breaks 14th same
Tackles breaks 14th same
All run metres we are last. 11th
Kick return metres 8th. 9th
Off loads 14th. 11th
Line Break assists 14th. same
4th for Tackles made. 14
Total kicks 12th same
We are 1st for conversions. same
Errors made. Now the worst
We are the 2nd worst team on Penalties conceded. Now the worst
Set Completion we are the worst in the NRL Same
Post contact metres 7th 10th
Decoy runs 4th 2nd
All runs 15th 7th
Dummy half runs 13th. same
Try assist last. 13th
Missed tackles we are the worst in the NRL. same
Total kick metre 9th 10
Ineffective tackles 14th. 12
We are the 3rd worst for handling errors. Now we are the worst team in the NRL for handling errors.

There have been some improvements over the past month with runs and metres in particular improving. A small improvement for Try Assists, Off loads and a big increase for possessions.
We had made the 4th most tackles a month ago and now we 14th.

While the result show no improvement in Points and Tries scored compared to other teams I feel we have improved slightly over the past month and we are coming from behind in a lot of other categories due to our poor performances in the first 2 months of the season.

However lets not kid ourselves there has been no improvements in Errors, Handling errors, missed tackles and our discipline when it comes to penalties has worsened.

Should we have any shred of hope of finishing the year strong those areas will have to dramatically improve.

Some interesting stuff.

Just for clarity here, you’re comparing the 10 previous games to the now completed 14 games?

Not that I’m asking you to, but comparing the 10 games to the 4 games in isolation might give us a batter indication of the improvement.

It’s posisble we were so far behind in some categories that 4 games isn’t enough to make a decent dent on the stats.

Attendance figures for this time of year are always horrendous.

Combination of the coldest time of year, origin, rain etc.

Whino

Bench
Some interesting stuff.

Just for clarity here, you’re comparing the 10 previous games to the now completed 14 games?

Not that I’m asking you to, but comparing the 10 games to the 4 games in isolation might give us a batter indication of the improvement.

It’s posisble we were so far behind in some categories that 4 games isn’t enough to make a decent dent on the stats.

Yes I did the stats a month ago after 10 games and again after 14 rounds.
We were way behind in some categories but I was curious to see if there had been any improvement now that we had strung a few wins together.

Comparing the last 4 rounds against the previous 10 games would have to be done on an average. So the comparison could still be made against the other 15 teams.

Panfa

Juniors
Should ve some entertaining games this weekend disappointed lebanon are under strength if all there players were available would have been a great game.

Latest posts