What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

shiznit

Coach
LOL...more like people will watch anything if it involves a superhero costume.

That’s too simplistic... you just brush over the obvious ability of Marvel/Disney to make films that appeal both at the box office and critically.

If your statement was true then you’d see the same type of success with DC and the Fox Marvel films...

Mr Spock!

Referee
That’s too simplistic... you just brush over the obvious ability of Marvel/Disney to make films that appeal both at the box office and critically.

If your statement was true then you’d see the same type of success with DC and the Fox Marvel films...
LOL stick a movie with Ironman and Spiderman and Black Panther for the blacks and the fanbois will love it.

Lol critical success....

Shit I wish I could get my money back for sleeping through Endgame.

shiznit

Coach
LOL stick a movie with Ironman and Spiderman and Black Panther for the blacks and the fanbois will love it.

Lol critical success....

You can LOL all you like... critically they stand up very well.

Frederick

Staff member

Lol critical success....

Well considering your clear aversion to the superhero genre, you deserve to lose that money for being stupid enough to pay to see something you've already decided you hate.

Springs09

Juniors
Even after reading all about it I still couldn’t believe how bad Dark Phoenix really was. The movie has no structure and butchers it’s own characters. Little miss moral hero Mystique and big bad guy Charles? Magneto running a dirty hippy commune? WTF was that alien shit?

Sophie Turner and her CGI hair is a horrible Jean Grey.

bileduct

Coach
Even after reading all about it I still couldn’t believe how bad Dark Phoenix really was. The movie has no structure and butchers it’s own characters. Little miss moral hero Mystique and big bad guy Charles? Magneto running a dirty hippy commune? WTF was that alien shit?

Sophie Turner and her CGI hair is a horrible Jean Grey.
Yup.

Matua

Bench
Only the original.

Another franchise milked to death.

And if they were making a dozen star trek movies a year you'd have a point.

Apparently Disney are releasing 8 more marvel movies in the next 3 years.

Disney reveals future of Marvel, Star Wars, and Avatar releases post-Fox purchase
Close to 65 feature films over the next eight years

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...e-slate-marvel-star-wars-avatar-pixar-8-years

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Why are you on this thread? Seriously. There's sections/threads in this forum devoted to soccer and AFL - I hate them as much as you hate Superhero movies, but I don't feel the need to go and whine about the sport on those threads.

Trolling or do you just like to get yourself riled up on purpose?

Zoidberg

First Grade
https://cosmicbook.news/zack-snyder-darkseid-justice-league-movie
Happy Father's Day from director Zack Snyder who takes to the Vero social media app to unleash a look at Darkseid from his version of the Justice League movie.

"Speaking of Father's Day here's the king daddy #UxasandtheAntilife," Snyder posted.

The image shows a look at Darkseid on Apokolips.
Apparently last week was the date they originally set for Snyder’s Justice league part 2. Really wish they just let him do what he wanted with those movies.

shiznit

Coach
Apparently last week was the date they originally set for Snyder’s Justice league part 2. Really wish they just let him do what he wanted with those movies.
Ohhh hell no... keep that motherf**ker away from anything superhero...

Do you seriously want that dude ruining a key villain like darkseid?

I’d see how WW2 goes and give it to Patty Jenkins or go for a home run and hit the motherf**king Russo’s up...

Generalzod

Immortal
https://cosmicbook.news/man-steel-2-great-directors-producers

A potential possibility to direct Man of Steel 2 or a Superman reboot could actually be J.J. Abrams, who is in talks with WB and various other studios for a mega deal worth upwards of a half billion dollars. It's no secret that Abrams likes to take existing properties (Star Trek, Star Wars) and offer his take on them.

It also recently became known that WB is not showing up at this San Diego Comic-Con, which means no DC film promotion for Wonder Woman 1984, Birds of Prey and the Joker, but Deadline's report says Emmerich hinted the DC slate would return to the SDCC in 2020. The article notes that WB is not ready to "pop materials just yet on" the three aforementioned films (director Patty Jenkins says WW84 promotion kicks off in December).

Matua

Bench
They pretty much did for the first two and they were rubbish.

bileduct

Coach
https://cosmicbook.news/man-steel-2-great-directors-producers

A potential possibility to direct Man of Steel 2 or a Superman reboot could actually be J.J. Abrams, who is in talks with WB and various other studios for a mega deal worth upwards of a half billion dollars. It's no secret that Abrams likes to take existing properties (Star Trek, Star Wars) and offer his take on them.
FFS I wish Jar Jar Abrams would just f**k off.

The guy is a f**king hack.