What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
You know him well? How he spends his weeks?

Never did anything drunk & stupid & potentially harmful in your life? Gees you're a top bloke.

Ive done plenty of dumb things but never walked around acting like a violent thug. Its extremely shitty of you just to excuse it as drunken antics. People have been seriously injured or even killed from this kind of drunken thuggery.

If you feel the need to go around punching strangers while on the piss i can safely assume you are a piece of garbage too ? Are you a piece of garbage mate ?

edit

Worse still was the way wighton was acting. He wasnt a guy getting into a fight over words or something dumb like that. He was acting like a bully strolling around doing that trackhead thing where he gets physical enough to try and start some shit. This is not the actions of a good bloke.

Last edited:

BadnMean

Juniors
Ive done plenty of dumb things but never walked around acting like a violent thug. Its extremely shitty of you just to excuse it as drunken antics. People have been seriously injured or even killed from this kind of drunken thuggery.

If you feel the need to go around punching strangers while on the piss i can safely assume you are a piece of garbage too ? Are you a piece of garbage mate ?

edit

Worse still was the way wighton was acting. He wasnt a guy getting into a fight over words or something dumb like that. He was acting like a bully strolling around doing that trackhead thing where he gets physical enough to try and start some shit. This is not the actions of a good bloke.

I didn't excuse it. But I won't condemn him for life over it either. Interesting that you have the audio of the CCTV of (which there was none) to know if/wjat was said too.

It's not a pattern of behaviour with him. Canberra is a small enough town that you'd hear it. I do know some teachers & police who speak highly of the time he has always spent with kids from underprivileged backgrounds, where he doesn't walk in as "Jack Wighton Origin Star", just Jack who comes here to visit once or twice a week & help out.

You are sitting on a very, very high horse.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I didn't excuse it. But I won't condemn him for life over it either. Interesting that you have the audio of the CCTV of (which there was none) to know if/wjat was said too.

It's not a pattern of behaviour with him. Canberra is a small enough town that you'd hear it. I do know some teachers & police who speak highly of the time he has always spent with kids from underprivileged backgrounds, where he doesn't walk in as "Jack Wighton Origin Star", just Jack who comes here to visit once or twice a week & help out.

You are sitting on a very, very high horse.

You are the one on the high horse mate. The it was just a bit of drunken mischief at nearly 26 years old high horse all because he plays for the team you support.

Also, remember a week before sentencing his misses complained online that Jack was drunk every moment of the weekend every week and she just wanted one day for the father of her children not to be plastered and he responded with nothing can change me. His sentencing for alcohol related violence. Very normal.

Yes, I am sure all 5 people Jack randomly attacked that night were having a pop. Again very normal excuse making for a guy who was incredibly lucky he was so drunk he couldn't cause much damage besides to his trousers.

BadnMean

Juniors
You are the one on the high horse mate. The it was just a bit of drunken mischief at nearly 26 years old high horse all because he plays for the team you support.

Also, remember a week before sentencing his misses complained online that Jack was drunk every moment of the weekend every week and she just wanted one day for the father of her children not to be plastered and he responded with nothing can change me. His sentencing for alcohol related violence. Very normal.

Yes, I am sure all 5 people Jack randomly attacked that night were having a pop. Again very normal excuse making for a guy who was incredibly lucky he was so drunk he couldn't cause much damage besides to his trousers.

I don't think you know what a high horse means...

Pretty sure the exact words were I didn't excuse it. If you never got drunk & got in a fight- good for you. But millions of us did. And regret it. Are quite glad no one was badly hurt.

Like I said, enjoy your Horsey.

But this thread is about how over-rated Ricky is. The wags who suggested he turned an excellent centre (who never played more than 4 games there his career so far, only one of which could be described as outstanding) into a middling fullback (actually, he was top drawer before his ... ahem. suspension for drunken pants wetting violence spree) have to now eat crow & say that Ricky has developed him into a very fine half & perhaps a young man with some good human qualities, far from perfect, but doing more than most.

If I believe people who have met him & not internet Dalai Lama's that is.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I agree that Wighton should be playing centre was a bad take post like 2017. He was a fine fullback. Not the best in the comp but certainly solid. He also set up more tries than our halves so moving him to 5/8th was worth a punt.

Again, its not even that Wighton "got into a fight" its that he got drunk and went around trying to bully blokes half his size into a fight. If you cannot see that is the actions of a raging dickhead than what can I say mate ?

He was being an aggressive f**kwit. I have been plenty drunk/high in my life and I have ever felt the urge to start swinging at people. It was also not an event in an era long gone it happened last year.

BadnMean

Juniors
I agree that Wighton should be playing centre was a bad take post like 2017. He was a fine fullback. Not the best in the comp but certainly solid. He also set up more tries than our halves so moving him to 5/8th was worth a punt.

Again, its not even that Wighton "got into a fight" its that he got drunk and went around trying to bully blokes half his size into a fight. If you cannot see that is the actions of a raging dickhead than what can I say mate ?

He was being an aggressive f**kwit. I have been plenty drunk/high in my life and I have ever felt the urge to start swinging at people. It was also not an event in an era long gone it happened last year.

He was.he plead guilty. He's been charged & convicted. What more do you want? If the people in the videos were so scared of this enormous rampaging footballer- why didn't they just leave? Quite clearly they hang around, not exactly in fear for their safety. So either they gauge he's just a pissed idiot they can handle if they need to. Or he's not that big & scary (similar size in video). Or they kinda like the idea something might happen.

There is every avenue for them to leave if they are in danger. Yes- they have the right to be around anywhere at night unmolested. Yes, again- no argument Jack was being a pissed danger. But if I'm really scared some big random numnut has both the intent & capability to hurt me I leave the area. I don't give him a bloody nose & then hang around & see what develops.

Jack was being a massive d*ckhead. But no-one there was feeling the scene of a reign or terror. They tried avoid his approach- Jack was a persistent d*ck, they scuffled, hung around, gave him one on the snout, thought about scuffling again....

He copped an appropriate penalty. If you'd like to hold it over him forever, please do so. I won't be, I'll judge him moving forward & weigh that past in the balance if anything happens again. Mr Lama.

skeepe

Immortal
He was.he plead guilty. He's been charged & convicted. What more do you want? If the people in the videos were so scared of this enormous rampaging footballer- why didn't they just leave? Quite clearly they hang around, not exactly in fear for their safety. So either they gauge he's just a pissed idiot they can handle if they need to. Or he's not that big & scary (similar size in video). Or they kinda like the idea something might happen.

There is every avenue for them to leave if they are in danger. Yes- they have the right to be around anywhere at night unmolested. Yes, again- no argument Jack was being a pissed danger. But if I'm really scared some big random numnut has both the intent & capability to hurt me I leave the area. I don't give him a bloody nose & then hang around & see what develops.

Jack was being a massive d*ckhead. But no-one there was feeling the scene of a reign or terror. They tried avoid his approach- Jack was a persistent d*ck, they scuffled, hung around, gave him one on the snout, thought about scuffling again....

He copped an appropriate penalty. If you'd like to hold it over him forever, please do so. I won't be, I'll judge him moving forward & weigh that past in the balance if anything happens again. Mr Lama.

Lol.

Says he’s not excusing Wighton’s behaviour then goes on for paragraphs excusing Wighton’s behaviour.

I like Jack as a player, I think he’s severely underrated even now. Doesn’t mean I’d want to have a beer with him.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Come on carch if he was doing it in a sharks jersey you would be loving it. I recognise we have a number of grubs in our team but while Bateman (for example) is doing it in green its all good.,

carcharias

Immortal
Come on carch if he was doing it in a sharks jersey you would be loving it. I recognise we have a number of grubs in our team but while Bateman (for example) is doing it in green its all good.,

Of course I would be loving it.
Fkn der

Doesn’t change anything though.
He can be a f**kwit on the feild too.
Of all the blokes in the Sharks team he decided to punch, he picks Feki, the nicest bloke out there.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Of course I would be loving it.
Fkn der

Doesn’t change anything though.
He can be a f**kwit on the feild too.
Of all the blokes in the Sharks team he decided to punch, he picks Feki, the nicest bloke out there.

You guys are like the elephants of rugby league lol. Never forget a slight on a cronulla player.

carcharias

Immortal
I think you’ll find that was the great 2016 season
The season of the Ennis.

Oh and didn’t the crowd love him!

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
I think you’ll find that was the great 2016 season
The season of the Ennis.

Oh and didn’t the crowd love him!
Nah just looked it up. Was 2015 round one. Wighton even made the try saving tackle that won the match after coming back from his binning. Im sure there were many sharks tears in the game day thread.

Stupid Ennis' clap in that final turned us to shit for two years. They should get him to blow the horn if we meet in the finals at Bruce. Complete the circle and undo the curse :joy: