What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Billythekid

First Grade
f**king wow. The reigning premiers (and easy premiership favourites again) against a local team and they barely crack 8K. That’s about as bad as NRL crowds get.

There’s been some pretty concerning crowds this year but doesn’t seem like the NRL is interested in working out why fans aren’t being engaged.

Big Moose

Juniors
f**king wow. The reigning premiers (and easy premiership favourites again) against a local team and they barely crack 8K. That’s about as bad as NRL crowds get.

There’s been some pretty concerning crowds this year but doesn’t seem like the NRL is interested in working out why fans aren’t being engaged.
Sadly I don’t think there is an answer. You’d think it wouldn’t be that hard to get an extra 10k to a game. The excuses come out about ANZ/SCG but if you put the Souths-Penrith and Easts-CB games at BankWest would they have got 15k? Probably but not many more. It may get to a point of double headers in Sydney every week after the rebuilds are complete.

firechild

First Grade
Pathetic at manly, what a waste of a Sunday afternoon spot. Give them Thursday nights for rest of year and keep the good spots for clubs with some fans!

The Sydney tribal battle at scg about to KO looks like it’s caught the public’s attention!

Well done eels and storm fans for dragging this garbage round up a bit.
Well, don't you just look like an imbecile?

No surprise that the only club that hasn't had money throw at it to redevelop their stadium that they've used for 70+ years gets poor crowds when it's been raining all day. Very easy for Parra to draw decent crowds when they've got the best new stadium in the state.

Valheru

Coach
Get used to these crowds at the SCG.

We hate the joint and dont6qant to go there for anything other than the biggest games. Add rain and reserve grade opposition and 8k is a miracle.

The club has heard the message and was looking at alternatives but I think they are contractually obliged and the SCG seems to have got its act together with the surface.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Makes you wonder why the media are giving them such an easy ride on it. It’s one of the biggest issues facing the game and no one seems to give a frick.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well, don't you just look like an imbecile?

No surprise that the only club that hasn't had money throw at it to redevelop their stadium that they've used for 70+ years gets poor crowds when it's been raining all day. Very easy for Parra to draw decent crowds when they've got the best new stadium in the state.

No you do for not understanding when a statement is made tongue in cheek!
Pathetic crowds in Sydney, something needs to be done.

carcharias

Immortal
It pissed down all day yesterday
Sitting at the footy in that shit is last place people were going to go.

It rained so much that all fields were closed by 8am
It hadn’t rained at all for weeks previous.
Saturday was perfect.
That give you an idea of how much it rained.

Dogs and roosters when both are going well get good crowds normally.

Timbo

Staff member
It's going to be so f**king funny, if/when Perth comes in, and they draw 6,000 on a cold winter night when it's been raining and they're in bad form, watching this bloke try and justify it and still throw shade at Sydney crowds.

Generalzod

Immortal
Would you have went to the SCG yesterday to watch a game of footy?
I've been only once to the SCG to watch a game of football back in the 80's the time St George was using the SCG as their home ground the worst ground to watch football. Actually It's better if the Roosters take their games to Henson park now there is a place to watch a game footbal.

Timbo

Staff member
I've been only once to the SCG to watch a game of football back in the 80's the time St George was using the SCG as their home ground the worst ground to watch football. Actually It's better if the Roosters take their games to Henson park now there is a place to watch a game footbal.

I imagine they'd be able to charge a premium for the Jet Set Lounge corporate seating on the top deck of the King George V Memorial Stand. :p

Generalzod

Immortal
I imagine they'd be able to charge a premium for the Jet Set Lounge corporate seating on the top deck of the King George V Memorial Stand. :p
Last time I was there was back in 1987 watching the Roosters play the Sharks, Parked the car on Park Rd which is a couple of streets away only come back to find it missing some prick stole the car...

Timbo

Staff member
Last time I was there was back in 1987 watching the Roosters play the Sharks, Parked the car on Park Rd which is a couple of streets away only come back to find it missing some prick stole the car...

Rookie mistake: You should've parked on the hill so you could listen to the radio.