What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 2019

Scotty03

Juniors
[QUOTE="Scotty03, post: 13587585, member: 42494]
Wighton is the biggest myth in the NRL.

You must have missed all the games he's played...

Been on fire this season.[/QUOTE]

If you mean been on fire handing QLD tries, then yes I agree. He's totally lit!

big hit!

Bench
Who else is available? Cody and Brooks?

it just makes the Anasta comment even worse. he's told every other NSW half that they can forget about representing NSW because he thinks they're hopeless. not just Walker, but Brooks, Moses, or anyone else who plays in the halves and is eligble for NSW. not very motivating for players, unless they thrive on negative motivation.

the state of play is:
keary - probably first picked but injured
Cleary - unless he's injured and doesn't do anything wrong, he'll get selected because he's 'still maturing'
Pearce - probably selected for games 1 & 2 in place of Keary, but he doesn't want to play.
Anasta - retired
Reynolds - injured, jury is still out on Origin credentials
Walker - treated his first game as a soapbox
Maloney - the best half NSW have had for several years. still the best pressure half NSW today. tumbled down order due to form.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
it just makes the Anasta comment even worse. he's told every other NSW half that they can forget about representing NSW because he thinks they're hopeless. not just Walker, but Brooks, Moses, or anyone else who plays in the halves and is eligble for NSW. not very motivating for players, unless they thrive on negative motivation.

Would you pick Brooks and moses for origin?

I think you are reading to much into the comment, it was a joke.

grouch

First Grade
Walker - treated his first game as a soapbox
Walker treated game 1 as a soapbox? What a terrible take. A journalist asked a question and he answered, honestly. Wasn't one of Freddy's apparent "beliefs" about openness and honesty? Did he want Walker to lie to this question?

Walker was the form half of the comp. If Cleary is deserving of all the patience in the world then surely Walker was too. Fittler has simply panicked and lost his marbles. His "joke" about Maloney being the last man standing is a symbol of the madness. Dude is cooked.

Danish

Referee
If there’s nothing more to his game 1 performance then it was just an off night then why is anyone suprised he’s been dropped? Literally looked like he couldn’t be f**ked for most of the game, like he’d rather be anywhere else in the world.

If he’d done background noise going on or was carrying an injury that’s one thing but to put in a performance like that just cause he had an off night is unacceptable. Having an off night shouldn’t effect your effort.

Should have just played consistently shit all year, that way a shit game in origin 1 would be treated as par for the course.

It’s known as the Cleary method

TheFrog

Coach
If Cleary is deserving of all the patience in the world then surely Walker was too.
Cleary had more runs on the board, having won a series last year. Walker should have been retained though, just tell him what is required of him rather than "play your own game".

betcats

Referee
Should have just played consistently shit all year, that way a shit game in origin 1 would be treated as par for the course.

It’s known as the Cleary method

Show me a game where clearys effort can be questioned........Cleary was also heavily criticised after origin 1 but at least he didn't go missing and sook about it. He backed up and helped his side win, like a true competitor he wanted to prove the critics wrong.

If Latrell was out there trying hard but making mistakes that would be ok, I wouldn't drop him for that. But je was not trying.

Danish

Referee
Show me a game where clearys effort can be questioned........Cleary was also heavily criticised after origin 1 but at least he didn't go missing and sook about it. He backed up and helped his side win, like a true competitor he wanted to prove the critics wrong.

If Latrell was out there trying hard but making mistakes that would be ok, I wouldn't drop him for that. But je was not trying.

Was cleary out there in game 1? Can’t say I noticed.

He certainly made a huge difference in the roosters game though. Those zero try assists, zero line break assists, and just generally hiding while Maloney did all the work really reminded us all what Cleary brought to the table in 2018’s series

betcats

Referee
Was cleary out there in game 1? Can’t say I noticed.

He certainly made a huge difference in the roosters game though. Those zero try assists, zero line break assists, and just generally hiding while Maloney did all the work really reminded us all what Cleary brought to the table in 2018’s series

What were Latrels stats two weeks ago v Penrith?? LOL I will wait.

Im happy for Cleary to not get picked his form hasn't warranted selection. I'd be filthy if he ever came up with Latrells game one effort though then took off somewhere and missed a round.

Danish

Referee
What were Latrels stats two weeks ago v Penrith?? LOL I will wait.

Im happy for Cleary to not get picked his form hasn't warranted selection. I'd be filthy if he ever came up with Latrells game one effort though then took off somewhere and missed a round.

“Took off somewhere”, aka had a club scheduled rest weekend and went to spend time with family. Unless you buy into the gossip rags I suppose.

As for Cleary, take it from a guy who had to spend the worst part of a decade with Pearce as our half. Give up on defending the hack, it’s a fools errand

betcats

Referee
Took off somewhere”, aka had a club scheduled rest weekend and went to spend time with family. Unless you buy into the gossip rags I suppose.

As for Cleary, take it from a guy who had to spend the worst part of a decade with Pearce as our half. Give up on defending the hack, it’s a fools errand

That straight up bullshit hahahaha you idiot.

And how is saying his form doesn't warrant selection defending him? Imbecile.

Last edited:

grouch

First Grade
Describing a halfback as a true competitor is a backhanded compliment at best.

"And the coaches award goes to..."

Apey

Staff member
Vic can’t handle any kind of Panthers fans talking anything up. I knew he’d be in here jumping on Danish comments as soon as I saw them, he’s like clock work.
I think hes imagining Knights fans talking the team up as some juggernaut too. Happy to stand corrected but likely hes mixing up the media with fans. Fans were just happy to no longer be the shittest team ever.

TheFrog

Coach
Cleary has already won a series, so he's not Pearce.

I think hes imagining Knights fans talking the team up as some juggernaut too. Happy to stand corrected but likely hes mixing up the media with fans. Fans were just happy to no longer be the shittest team ever.

Same with us. It was only a month ago in our case but luckily didn't last as long.

Latest posts