What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Realist

Juniors
Regarding Sivo - you can blame Gus for that one. Just before the start of the 2018 season (January) I asked my main contact who had a direct line with Gus why isn't Sivo being considered. The answer was a rather dismissive 'He is not ready. Struggles to read the defence'.

The same contact also told me that we can expect to only keep one of Mansour or Dallin and the big problem was the back end of DWZ's contract being 'fullback' money.

Other things that have come true are; We will be looking to offload either Cartwright or JFH, and that in the future we were looking to offload either one of Merrin or Tamou.

Too bad that Gus has gone now because some of these calls would make me look like Nostradamus, but at the time I promised to keep most of these tip offs close to my chest.

Regarding Sivo - you can blame Gus for that one. Just before the start of the 2018 season (January) I asked my main contact who had a direct line with Gus why isn't Sivo being considered. The answer was a rather dismissive 'He is not ready. Struggles to read the defence'.

The same contact also told me that we can expect to only keep one of Mansour or Dallin and the big problem was the back end of DWZ's contract being 'fullback' money.

Other things that have come true are; We will be looking to offload either Cartwright or JFH, and that in the future we were looking to offload either one of Merrin or Tamou.

Too bad that Gus has gone now because some of these calls would make me look like Nostradamus, but at the time I promised to keep most of these tip offs close to my chest.

JFH & Tamou turned out to be the better options which was good.

Any chance your contact has any info on the Waqa Blake situation?

Coast panther

Juniors
The warriors just can’t help themselves buying every kiwi in the nrl haha I’d gladly take ken Maumalo off there hands, I’d even take the fus!

The Realist

Juniors
JFH & Tamou turned out to be the better options which was good.

Any chance your contact has any info on the Waqa Blake situation?

I agree, he got rid of the correct ones in both cases. The words used at the time regarding JFH and Bryce was they had to perform in the coming season or else, and that there was only room for one of them. Then a month or so later Carty was gone so that was that.

Regarding Waqa - Gus is gone now mate, so he has absolutely no idea! The irony being....he actually has Dave's number. I was gobsmacked when he showed me some of the texts, but there was nothing player related. Getting rid of Waqa was definitely not on Gus's agenda I can tell you that.

franklin2323

Immortal
Apart from drinkwater we can’t afford a good ball playing fullback gotta wait for one of our gun young fullbacks to come through, props I reckon where in the same boat maybe a leeson ah Ma’u type prop would be good to add some impact

Yeah it is waiting for Leinu and Laurie to develop or not develop if it turns out that way

franklin2323

Immortal
I think it’s either/or in regards to fullback or hooker being more important.

What’s important is that we have another dimension to our attack, if we can find a fullback or hooker that can provide that it’ll really help.

For me we get to the 20 ok. 1st in dropouts so hookers get the ball out quick enough but it never gets wider than Yeo or Kikau.

A fullback that can run a short side play or throw a cutout would add so much to the team

betcats

Referee
Sivo isn’t Semi. He’s a powerful winger and good finisher but not someone I’ll lose sleep about, he wouldn’t have close to 14 tries playing on our wing.

franklin2323

Immortal
I believe we kept the better player To'o. Look at his dirty carries out of the back field deep when returning the ball.

Goes looking for work. Likes to tackle.

For how we play I can't handle the call. We should of had another centre or 2 in our squad but wingers are fine for the style we play

kinghippo

Juniors
Sivo not getting a run emphasises what out team has been doing for the last few years, being boring and not taking any risk.
Any out and out attacking players have been moved on in favour of solid dependable replacements.
There is very little flair or risk in our game, very little pace, few offloaders and even attacking kicks are limited.
As a result we have become a very easy team to defend against.

betcats

Referee
Sivo not getting a run emphasises what out team has been doing for the last few years, being boring and not taking any risk.
Any out and out attacking players have been moved on in favour of solid dependable replacements.
There is very little flair or risk in our game, very little pace, few offloaders and even attacking kicks are limited.
As a result we have become a very easy team to defend against.

That was Griffin IMO, clearys teams struggle to score but guys like Peach, Moylan, Carty were all valued by Cleary so hopefully we will see the attacking weapons being promoted again. Griffin restricted the kicking, moved on our best attacking players etc

OldPanther

Coach
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2019/06/18/kenny-signs-new-panthers-deal/

Kenny signs new Panthers deal

Penrith Panthers is delighted to announce Mitch Kenny has agreed to a two-year contract extension with the club.

The new deal means the 21-year-old hooker will remain with Panthers until at least the end of the 2021 season.

“I’m ecstatic to have secured my future here at Panthers,” Kenny said.

“Five weeks ago I was mowing lawns. I’m still pinching myself that I’m in this position.

“From the moment I joined the full-time squad, all the staff and players have been so welcoming and made sure I felt a part of what we’re trying to achieve.

“I don’t think it has completely sunk in yet but to be playing in the NRL for the Panthers is a dream come true.”

The jerseys that made Mitch Kenny A local junior with Windsor Wolves, Kenny was a member of the Panthers SG Ball side that won the premiership and national championship title in 2016.

He spent the following two seasons in the Panthers under-20s squad and began the 2019 pre-season with aspirations of establishing himself in the club’s Canterbury Cup side.

As the season began, Kenny was working as a labourer with the Panthers Grounds team while also studying a Bachelor of Arts and Education, and training after hours as a member of the part-time squad.

However his strong form in the Canterbury Cup saw him earn promotion to the full-time squad, soon followed by an NRL debut in Round 11 as the Panthers dealt Parramatta their first ever defeat at Bankwest Stadium.

OAK Plus Post Game: Mitch Kenny “Everyone at Panthers is thrilled that Mitch has made the decision to extend his time at the club,” Panthers General Manager Rugby League Matt Cameron said.

“He displays all the characteristics we’re looking for in our first grade team at this point in time.

“He’s a great example of a local junior who came into the Panthers development system at a young age, progressed through the grades, and has ultimately been rewarded for his hard work and effort.”

Luke Bowden

First Grade
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2019/06/18/kenny-signs-new-panthers-deal/

Kenny signs new Panthers deal

Penrith Panthers is delighted to announce Mitch Kenny has agreed to a two-year contract extension with the club.

The new deal means the 21-year-old hooker will remain with Panthers until at least the end of the 2021 season.

“I’m ecstatic to have secured my future here at Panthers,” Kenny said.

“Five weeks ago I was mowing lawns. I’m still pinching myself that I’m in this position.

“From the moment I joined the full-time squad, all the staff and players have been so welcoming and made sure I felt a part of what we’re trying to achieve.

“I don’t think it has completely sunk in yet but to be playing in the NRL for the Panthers is a dream come true.”

The jerseys that made Mitch Kenny A local junior with Windsor Wolves, Kenny was a member of the Panthers SG Ball side that won the premiership and national championship title in 2016.

He spent the following two seasons in the Panthers under-20s squad and began the 2019 pre-season with aspirations of establishing himself in the club’s Canterbury Cup side.

As the season began, Kenny was working as a labourer with the Panthers Grounds team while also studying a Bachelor of Arts and Education, and training after hours as a member of the part-time squad.

However his strong form in the Canterbury Cup saw him earn promotion to the full-time squad, soon followed by an NRL debut in Round 11 as the Panthers dealt Parramatta their first ever defeat at Bankwest Stadium.

OAK Plus Post Game: Mitch Kenny “Everyone at Panthers is thrilled that Mitch has made the decision to extend his time at the club,” Panthers General Manager Rugby League Matt Cameron said.

“He displays all the characteristics we’re looking for in our first grade team at this point in time.

“He’s a great example of a local junior who came into the Panthers development system at a young age, progressed through the grades, and has ultimately been rewarded for his hard work and effort.”

Nice one Mighty Mitch! Leaves it all on the park!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts