What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
I'm certain he'll be a first grader (a massive achievement) but I think it's still too soon to be claiming he's the next Thurston or whatever.
I concur. Remember Tim Smith's rookie year. Kid had the world at his feet, it was easily the best rookie season I can remember by a player that I've seen. But he was soon worked out and dismantled. Brown probably has a longer NRL career in front of him than Smith and is miles in front defensively, but I haven't seen anything to suggest he is going to dominate at NRL level yet. Goes without saying I'd love to be proved wrong....

Eelementary

Post Whore
I concur. Remember Tim Smith's rookie year. Kid had the world at his feet, it was easily the best rookie season I can remember by a player that I've seen. But he was soon worked out and dismantled. Brown probably has a longer NRL career in front of him than Smith and is miles in front defensively, but I haven't seen anything to suggest he is going to dominate at NRL level yet. Goes without saying I'd love to be proved wrong....

I'm confident he will prove you wrong.

He's perhaps not as skilled as Tim Smith, but he has better temperament, defence, and reads the game beautifully.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I'm confident he will prove you wrong.

He's perhaps not as skilled as Tim Smith, but he has better temperament, defence, and reads the game beautifully.

tbf to a lot of players, I don't think anyone is as skilled as Tim Smith. He just came through at a time where skill, and risk-taking became unfashionable. The game was becoming more about completion rates, wrestling in the ruck which meant more and better set defensive lines. I think if he was coming through now he would've had a longer career as risk taking in attack is coming back and in certain team's structures completion rates aren't as important.

Also last year at the legends of league tournament you could tell he was a class above a lot of the players there too.

emjaycee

Coach
tbf to a lot of players, I don't think anyone is as skilled as Tim Smith. He just came through at a time where skill, and risk-taking became unfashionable. The game was becoming more about completion rates, wrestling in the ruck which meant more and better set defensive lines. I think if he was coming through now he would've had a longer career as risk taking in attack is coming back and in certain team's structures completion rates aren't as important.

Also last year at the legends of league tournament you could tell he was a class above a lot of the players there too.
I love Drown and hope he has a long and successful career with us and I know he debuted 2 years younger than Smith, but Smith played over 200 top grade games here (90) and in the UK (120) over an 11 year career. Dylan lasted 3 games and has developed a problem with his back that needs to be closely managed and caused him to miss the next 11 games. I only hope he can get his body to a point where it holds together for him to give him an 11 year career at the top.

Parra Cheeses

Juniors
Tim Smith lol, a freind of mine ran an establishment. I used to own some of his property he left behind. Quality geezer.
I could also tell you about the blues of 95 as well.

Latest posts