What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The weekly "we got it wrong" referee thread

beave

Coach
Meh.

Sure it was a shithouse call, but jesus christ, NQ need to take the loss on the chin and acknowledge how rubbish we actually are. Enari Tuala drops the ball with the line open, take that pass and we probably win. Blame shit like that than piss poor officiating. The tigers just marched up the field at will in the first 20mins, Green needs to remind himself and his players at these facts.

I hate seeing my club pout like a bunch of sooky bitches.

nick87

Coach
Can this thread be used for posters to come and say they got it wrong when they bitch and complain about officiating because their team is losing or has lost?

The error in question came about in the first half, the cowboys had plenty of time to overcome it and couldn’t
That’s on them

The Rosco

Bench
A fair thread, Alex.
I eagerly await the same thread concept, but from the players role.
I can't wait to see them all line up to admit that their :
dropped ball
shit pass
shit tackle
shit offload
shit defensive read
shit kick
shit fend
shit catch
shit run
shit support play
shit kick chase
shit effort
shit enthusiasm
shit chase
. . . .
was the real cause of the team's loss.
And of course to have them front TV on Monday morning to apologise for their own ineptness and the
massive influence that performance actually had on the result.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Seeing as this seems to happen after almost every round this season, I believe it deserves its own thread :)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/02550579a19a85cf505b5e0a032c9e66
It's worth noting that Annesley conducts these briefings every week, and they're available in full on the NRL website

https://www.nrl.com/news/topic/operations/

They routinely point out where they got it wrong - and sometimes where the media/commentators got it wrong.

Vee

First Grade
Seeing as this seems to happen after almost every round this season, I believe it deserves its own thread :)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/02550579a19a85cf505b5e0a032c9e66
At least the refs are finally putting their hand up when they get it wrong.

Still waiting for the players and coaches to do likewise. But no, it's much easier to blame the ref.

Re Annesley's explanation, I would have preferred to hear why Cummins, who routinely sends obvious decisions upstairs, won't be dropped for getting it wrong without referring one that would've been sent up "99 times out of 100".

Tiger5150

Bench
Meh.

Sure it was a shithouse call, but jesus christ, NQ need to take the loss on the chin and acknowledge how rubbish we actually are. Enari Tuala drops the ball with the line open, take that pass and we probably win. Blame shit like that than piss poor officiating. The tigers just marched up the field at will in the first 20mins, Green needs to remind himself and his players at these facts.

I hate seeing my club pout like a bunch of sooky bitches.

Well put Beave. Good attitude. For what its worth I dont see your club as pouty bitches, just your coach and he is desperately paddling to save his reputation and his career.

I didnt bother to read the article but Im assuming it was the Tigers knock on in the air for their try. Fair enough, poor call. Also I accept that the penalty try could have gone either way (but if it was a strip Tigers ground it anyway so a try anyway). The refereeing in that game was completely rubbish and both of those calls where massive calls, but it consistently crap all night, both ways. there were a number of calls i thought went against the Tigers that were rubbish (Tigers losing it over the line when he was held up and the gift penalty in front to even the score up).

Springs09

Juniors
The only reason teams ever lose is because of a couple of ref decisions and not the shitloads of mistakes and dumbass footy they play.

People are such f**king whingers. The whole game needs to grow up in regards to this, from U6s to test matches. It's f**king embarrassing.

typicalfan

Coach
Its funny how a wrong decision or two cops a blast from coaches and fans etc but a team completes at 60 odd percent avoids criticism.

Then if they call one bad decision one way they get accused of bias and favouritism.

Sprays like what Green did should be unacceptable and dealt with harshly.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
At least the refs are finally putting their hand up when they get it wrong.

Still waiting for the players and coaches to do likewise. But no, it's much easier to blame the ref.

Re Annesley's explanation, I would have preferred to hear why Cummins, who routinely sends obvious decisions upstairs, won't be dropped for getting it wrong without referring one that would've been sent up "99 times out of 100".

Wow...

In one sentence, you managed to criticize the guy for using the Video Ref both to much AND not enough.

Its almost like people will b*tch about the ref REGARDLESS of what they do. Hmmmmmmmm

Canard

Immortal
People get to caught up in the emotive language of sensationalist journo's.

Watch the after game press conference, Green put the blame at the players feet, and was very measured in his response to questions about officiating.

The article is complete bullshit, not one quote from Green, and yet it has him being "fuming and angered".

f**k News Limited

Canard

Immortal
It's worth noting that Annesley conducts these briefings every week, and they're available in full on the NRL website

https://www.nrl.com/news/topic/operations/

They routinely point out where they got it wrong - and sometimes where the media/commentators got it wrong.

And it's been happening for years, Archer did it before.

It's like the myth that gets perpetuated on LU that Rugby League doesn't have a Hall of Fame.

Latest posts