What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seibold

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
There just wasn't enough rep players who were homesick to go to Brisbane for half of their current wage to make a difference for them

Travitoh

First Grade
There just wasn't enough rep players who were homesick to go to Brisbane for half of their current wage to make a difference for them

Instead they're finding their way to Souths now!

In seriousness, a lot of what Seibold achieved was thanks to the emergence of Damien Cook and to a lesser extent, Cody Walker. Without Cook, Souths probably scrape finals.

insert.pause

First Grade
Milford
Boyd
McCullough
Bird

There’s a big chunk of their cap right there and none of them are worth it. They weren’t performing last year either, they may have jagged wins but they were never true contenders. The roster is unbalanced and it started when hunt left and Bennett decided to sign a centre on big money to replace him. The jury is still out on seibold, but he does seem to be turning over the roster, which I think is now the youngest in the comp. Their youth is only exacerbated by a leadership vacuum thanks to underperforming senior players. He was at least smart enough to know nikorima is not a halfback. I’ll give him another year before I judge his coaching credentials, but I will never understand how he was given a 5yr deal with an option in his favour for a sixth.

Milford
Boyd
McCullough
Bird

There’s a big chunk of their cap right there and none of them are worth it. They weren’t performing last year either, they may have jagged wins but they were never true contenders. The roster is unbalanced and it started when hunt left and Bennett decided to sign a centre on big money to replace him. The jury is still out on seibold, but he does seem to be turning over the roster, which I think is now the youngest in the comp. Their youth is only exacerbated by a leadership vacuum thanks to underperforming senior players. He was at least smart enough to know nikorima is not a halfback. I’ll give him another year before I judge his coaching credentials, but I will never understand how he was given a 5yr deal with an option in his favour for a sixth.

Nikorima is a half back and he is starring at the New Zealand Warriors. Seibold looks stupid with that decision. Fair call, because Seibold is stupid.

yobbo84

First Grade
Seibold walked into a well-drilled machine at Souths. That's all thanks to Madge. He built a roster full of talent that was used to hard work. Unfortunately his voice had gone stale and Seibold was the fresh new voice the players were after. It also helps that he had Tom, George and GI back at full fitness after a couple of seasons where they all had major surgery that affected their movement quite dramatically.

Make no mistake - Michael Maguire built and blooded this current South Sydney team, and Seibold and now Bennett just put on the finishing touches in IMO the last couple of years of our current premiership window.

Seibold has got a massive job ahead of him at the Broncos.

Tiger5150

Bench
Seibold walked into a well-drilled machine at Souths. That's all thanks to Madge. He built a roster full of talent that was used to hard work. Unfortunately his voice had gone stale and Seibold was the fresh new voice the players were after. It also helps that he had Tom, George and GI back at full fitness after a couple of seasons where they all had major surgery that affected their movement quite dramatically.

Make no mistake - Michael Maguire built and blooded this current South Sydney team, and Seibold and now Bennett just put on the finishing touches in IMO the last couple of years of our current premiership window.

Seibold has got a massive job ahead of him at the Broncos.
Hoping you are right because Madge also has a massive job at the Tigers

typicalfan

Coach
Milford
Boyd
McCullough
Bird

The leadership vacuum is also created by letting go 4 rep quality players. Nikorima is ok just not a good fit for Milford.

Bird at least had a dig for you guys he was probably your best player before injury this year.

Brisbane has been shown to be the hardest job in the land, yes they have some natural advantages but with them come expectations. I guess the greatness of Bennett will be truely realised in the future as Brisbane struggle to find someone able to handle the pressure.

big hit!

Bench
The leadership vacuum is also created by letting go 4 rep quality players. Nikorima is ok just not a good fit for Milford.

Bird at least had a dig for you guys he was probably your best player before injury this year.

Brisbane has been shown to be the hardest job in the land, yes they have some natural advantages but with them come expectations. I guess the greatness of Bennett will be truely realised in the future as Brisbane struggle to find someone able to handle the pressure.

being rep quality doesn't necessarily mean they are leaders. you could hardly call Roberts a 'leader'. if anything, these guys were probably let go because they didn't show leadership qualities expected of players in their prime. When you've got a young roster, you don't need bad eggs setting the tone.

Bird was such a bad signing. The person who made the call needed to go, and I assume he has. Brisbane needed a genuine half to lead that team.

Life's Good

Coach
To me, they lack an on field leader & have since Lockyer retired. They’ve had plenty of talented players but if Bennett couldn’t coax greatness out of them then what chance has Seibold got? He’s clearly got to move players on in the hope he brings the right ones through(assuming he can given Bunnies fans reckon he rode in on the back of what Madge had built & didn’t add a lot).

betcats

Referee
The squad make up is shit, the spine was always average and overpaid plus Birds contract which is just ridiculous. Yes they certainly have some ultra young talents expecially in the forwards but a team full of young guys isn't going to compete in the nrl every week across a season, cant believe they started the season so high in the betting.

typicalfan

Coach
being rep quality doesn't necessarily mean they are leaders. you could hardly call Roberts a 'leader'. if anything, these guys were probably let go because they didn't show leadership qualities expected of players in their prime. When you've got a young roster, you don't need bad eggs setting the tone.

Bird was such a bad signing. The person who made the call needed to go, and I assume he has. Brisbane needed a genuine half to lead that team.

Let them go if you don't think much of their leadership but you would probably check the market for some decent replacements prior to simply cutting. Otherwise Seibold just thinks he can make up the difference himself. The Broncos need a McGuire type badly in their forward pack, someone willing to do the dirty stuff without notice.

big hit!

Bench
Let them go if you don't think much of their leadership but you would probably check the market for some decent replacements prior to simply cutting. Otherwise Seibold just thinks he can make up the difference himself. The Broncos need a McGuire type badly in their forward pack, someone willing to do the dirty stuff without notice.

he slipped my mind. i do agree mcguire was one they shouldn't have let go. but they have a shit load of cap invested in 4 average performing senior players, and they wanted to tie up their stable of young forwards.

some11

Referee
McCullough took up a player option which was in his contract (oof) and daddy Bennett was nice enough to give Boyd a four year retirement package starting last year.

Those two need to go ASAP. Milford was going fine with Dearden there to share the load, with him injured it's back to shit sandwich. Yes the Broncos are basically relying on an 18 year old for Milford to play well.

Side is a couple of signings and two years away from doing anything with players well past their best sucking the life out of the team. Boyd as the captain playing as shit as he is this year has set the standard for the rest of them, any other player in the league would have the captaincy stripped and be dropped.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Milford
Boyd
McCullough
Bird

Tbf, Bird was good until he got hurt. Good, but not 800k good. Who said Wayne f**ks clubs on the way out in his bid to win him another premiership?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Nikorima is a half back and he is starring at the New Zealand Warriors. Seibold looks stupid with that decision. Fair call, because Seibold is stupid.

Thanks for the insight Alby. Be looking in your own backyard too. Not all peachy at the club where fans stay away to play...

Pedge1971

First Grade
The squad make up is shit, the spine was always average and overpaid plus Birds contract which is just ridiculous. Yes they certainly have some ultra young talents expecially in the forwards but a team full of young guys isn't going to compete in the nrl every week across a season, cant believe they started the season so high in the betting.

Experienced 5/8, solid fullback who talks, leads and (Darius r u listening) is prepared to put his body on the line for the team away from a top 4 team.

Jimmy Maloney and Flash Gordon on the cheap would do wonders for them....

Latest posts