What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REMINDER OF MCGREGOR'S CONTRACT EXTENSION ANNOUNCEMENT

"Dragons chief executive Brian Johnston said the decision to re-sign McGregor was one made on the basis of several factors.

"Paul's retention has come down to more than just the football played on the field," Johnston said. "Paul is a values-driven, team-first individual who is at the forefront of personal development for both he and his players.

"A testament of this is the number of Dragons who have achieved higher representative honours and those to have successfully debuted under Paul's tutelage, as well as the club's improved results in recent seasons.

"Paul's emotional intelligence and man management attributes are key to him being well-respected throughout the playing group and the club's staff in its entirety, which is another crucial reason for his extension."

Dragons chairman Andrew Gordon said the board were pleased to see McGregor recommit to the Red V."
Hahahahahahahahahaha f**k me dead we are run by a bunch of losers.

possm

Coach
It is hard to believe that some on here defend/condone the behaviour of management at SGI. There is no excuse for the state SGI finds itself in. We have the history of being a highly professionally operated club, of in the past having the most exclusive Leagues Club in the NRL and of records and champion players other clubs simply cannot match.

We need to change direction and I'm afraid the only way to do this is with a cleanout of management and then the dead wood players.

Bring in Gould or someone like him to do the job as our current management are too compromised to properly undertake such a project.

possm

Coach
My 'favourite' part of that article was that they announced they actually rushed to announce the signing, possibly before everything turned to shit.

'following the completion of necessary documentation'
My hopes were dashed when I realised that there has been no real improvement moving from Doust to Johnston. Self interest seems to be prevalent at our club these days.

My hopes were dashed when I realised that there has been no real improvement moving from Doust to Johnston. Self interest seems to be prevalent at our club these days.
There is no doubt in my mind that since the WIN takeover and the appointment of Johnston, we have actually gone backwards.
The Chairman has no clue what St. George is all about.
Fans are nothing but a cash cow.
We are stuck in the Illawarra quicksand...

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Here are the words of our CEO Brian Johnston as he announced Paul McGregor's extension 7 games ago.
The last endorsement by the Chairman highlights the real problem that we have.

"Dragons chief executive Brian Johnston said the decision to re-sign McGregor was one made on the basis of several factors.

"Paul's retention has come down to more than just the football played on the field," Johnston said. "Paul is a values-driven, team-first individual who is at the forefront of personal development for both he and his players.

"A testament of this is the number of Dragons who have achieved higher representative honours and those to have successfully debuted under Paul's tutelage, as well as the club's improved results in recent seasons.

"Paul's emotional intelligence and man management attributes are key to him being well-respected throughout the playing group and the club's staff in its entirety, which is another crucial reason for his extension."

Dragons chairman Andrew Gordon said the board were pleased to see McGregor recommit to the Red V."

Thank you for reminding us of Johnston's astonishingly untruthful assessment of McGregor. I can only assume that Mary wrote this himself as it pains me to think of our CEO as being the dope he would have to be for writing this garbage.

SGI has become a laughing stock on all the sporting talk back programs that matter (eg Talkin Sport on 2SM). Graeme Hughes rightly pointed out that SGI's middle defence against a team well known for the Trbojevic brothers raids in that area was nothing short of disgraceful. No one can believe that a club, knowing Mary's history of May premierships and late season collapses, would be stupid enough to give an early season extension to this clown.

Thank you for reminding us of Johnston's astonishingly untruthful assessment of McGregor. I can only assume that Mary wrote this himself as it pains me to think of our CEO as being the dope he would have to be for writing this garbage.

SGI has become a laughing stock on all the sporting talk back programs that matter (eg Talkin Sport on 2SM). Graeme Hughes rightly pointed out that SGI's middle defence against a team well known for the Trbojevic brothers raids in that area was nothing short of disgraceful. No one can believe that a club, knowing Mary's history of May premierships and late season collapses, would be stupid enough to give an early season extension to this clown.
Our middle defence is nothing but a sieve.
Even though the excuse against Manly was that we were missing McInnes after he got injured, the week before against Canterbury, their young hooker busted us open down the middle all day long.
The difference being that Canterbury could not finish and Manly could.
I only hope that more of the media jump on this topic and keep highlighting the reality of the situation.
The Board obviously does not care what the fans think.

Juniors
Just watching how quick opposition gets play the balls after tackle and our lack of standing grapple/wrestle leads to poor markers and opens up meters up the middle for the opposition. Would like to know who our grapple coach is?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Would like to know who our grapple coach is?
images

possm

Coach
Maybe we need to start our protest by not watching WIN TV until Mary is sacked.

We could also place a line at the bottom of each post saying 'Don't watch WIN TV'.

Maybe WIN will start to take notice with the above and other like protests.

BLM01

First Grade
Just watching how quick opposition gets play the balls after tackle and our lack of standing grapple/wrestle leads to poor markers and opens up meters up the middle for the opposition. Would like to know who our grapple coach is?
Mary, Hornby & Young

Last edited:

Latest posts