What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Moses

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What structural disadvantages are you referring to? Unexpected events occur in sport all the time e.g Leicester City winning the Premier league, 2003 NRL Panthers, 2005 NRL Tigers, 2019 Raptors in the NBA. To write off any sporting team for the next 8+ seasons when so many things can change during that time is ridiculous.
I'm not saying it's impossible, just highly unlikely. No different to old mate's comment about our likelihood of winning the comp with Moses calling the shots.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Agreed re the blockers. Moses has been being monstered on his 5th tackle kicks all season. Why we don't have blockers god only knows.
Poor coaching tbh.
Is it poor coaching? To me that’s a cop out. Under 16 kids know how to block the kicker on the fifth. It comes down to a lack of effort on the players behalf. Doing those little 1% plays. These guys are professionals, they know what they should be doing.

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach
We haven’t won a premiership in over 30 years.
I think it’s reasonable to think it may be out of reach for us at the moment. We can certainly get ourselves into a position where we could jag a comp one year, but that is no easy feat. Not impossible by any means, but improbable.

lucablight

First Grade
I'm not saying it's impossible, just highly unlikely. No different to old mate's comment about our likelihood of winning the comp with Moses calling the shots.

Considering you don’t have all the information on what is going to transpire during the entire time Moses is playing with us I don’t see how you can say anything on the likelihood. Chipmunk is making a judgment based on the information we have now so his opinion is actually based on evidence which is a bit different to your comment.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We haven’t won a premiership in over 30 years.
I think it’s reasonable to think it may be out of reach for us at the moment. We can certainly get ourselves into a position where we could jag a comp one year, but that is no easy feat. Not impossible by any means, but improbable.
Nah we just need a coach who DOESNT f**kEN PAY OVERS FOR RESERVE GRADERS!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Considering you don’t have all the information on what is going to transpire during the entire time Moses is playing with us I don’t see how you can say anything on the likelihood. Chipmunk is making a judgment based on the information we have now so his opinion is actually based on evidence which is a bit different to your comment.
I am also looking at the evidence. We have poor facilities, a poor reputation, and management unwilling to get cheeky with TPAs.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Who have been winning the premierships?

Roosters - eternal rich f**kers
Storm - TPAs out their hoohars
Sharks - cap rorts
Cowboys - property tycoons
Bunnies - rich backers

I see a pattern

Even the Broncos who have a favourable draw, tpas, endless juniors haven't won a comp since 2006

T.S Quint

Coach
We had our chances in 1999, 2001, 2005, 2009.
We didn’t cash in on them. We can get ourselves into position to win again but we have to take the chance when it happens, like the Dragons and Tigers did.

lucablight

First Grade
Who have been winning the premierships?

Roosters - eternal rich f**kers
Storm - TPAs out their hoohars
Sharks - cap rorts
Cowboys - property tycoons
Bunnies - rich backers

I see a pattern

Didn’t we cheat the salary cap as well? In the last 18 years every team apart from the Warriors, Titans, Raiders and Eels have won the comp and only the Titans and Raiders haven’t made the Grand final. The Titans weren’t even in the competition until 2007. Considering there are 16 teams in the competition that shows nearly every team has had their turn at the top or at least some chance.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We had our chances in 1999, 2001, 2005, 2009.
We didn’t cash in on them. We can get ourselves into position to win again but we have to take the chance when it happens, like the Dragons and Tigers did.
Even that comes down to luck on the day. Melbourne have won half of the grand finals they have played in, including half of the ones they appeared in while cheating.

We have lost our two grand finals since 1986, but it's only two games. If we were a (theoretical) 50% chance of winning either game it's not outlandish that we should lose (or win) both of them. The chance of winning one would be 50% while the chance of winning or losing both would be 25%

Gazzamatta

Coach
It’s hilarious at how they haven’t won shit since then. All those leg up and nothing. Especially their arrogant and plastic fans.
Sitting in GA for the Broncos game I witnessed both ends of the spectrum with regards to "their" supporters. An engaging blonde and hubby who were courteous and chatty even laughing at their beloved Broncos at times and just enjoying the experience. Then behind me was a young bloke who's opening comment was that our stadium is sh*t compared to Lang Park. The further Parra got in front the worse he got. I guess that type are everywhere.
I might add that $15 for GA is outstanding. I actually preferred that view than from the "Silver" area where we sat for game 1.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Sitting in GA for the Broncos game I witnessed both ends of the spectrum with regards to "their" supporters. An engaging blonde and hubby who were courteous and chatty even laughing at their beloved Broncos at times and just enjoying the experience. Then behind me was a young bloke who's opening comment was that our stadium is sh*t compared to Lang Park. The further Parra got in front the worse he got. I guess that type are everywhere.
I might add that $15 for GA is outstanding. I actually preferred that view than from the "Silver" area where we sat for game 1.

I was that exact guy but in reverse when we played Melbourne at Lang Park. Left early, and ranted and raved on the bus. I blame booze, passion and a footy team that would drive you to drink.

strider

Post Whore
Didn’t we cheat the salary cap as well? In the last 18 years every team apart from the Warriors, Titans, Raiders and Eels have won the comp and only the Titans and Raiders haven’t made the Grand final. The Titans weren’t even in the competition until 2007. Considering there are 16 teams in the competition that shows nearly every team has had their turn at the top or at least some chance.
Yeah be we suck so bad we cant even cheat right .... and then we stopped

Eelogical

Referee
I was that exact guy but in reverse when we played Melbourne at Lang Park. Left early, and ranted and raved on the bus. I blame booze, passion and a footy team that would drive you to drink.
As long as there's something else to blame, eh? wink.gif

Latest posts