What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
40 Try Assists in your debut season. What a year that was. No-one has beaten that record and I can’t see anyone doing it anytime soon.
Tim Smith should be viewed by the fans In the same light as Paul Mares or David Woods. A career cut short by a disability. Instead we all engaged in ridicule whilst he was burdened with mental health issues. Sorry Tim. :frowning2:

IFR33K

Coach
Tim Smith should be viewed by the fans In the same light as Paul Mares or David Woods. A career cut short by a disability. Instead we all engaged in ridicule whilst he was burdened with mental health issues. Sorry Tim. :frowning2:

And if he wore other colours he’d be just another f^*kwit that loved the drink too much

Eelementary

Post Whore
tbf to a lot of players, I don't think anyone is as skilled as Tim Smith. He just came through at a time where skill, and risk-taking became unfashionable. The game was becoming more about completion rates, wrestling in the ruck which meant more and better set defensive lines. I think if he was coming through now he would've had a longer career as risk taking in attack is coming back and in certain team's structures completion rates aren't as important.

Also last year at the legends of league tournament you could tell he was a class above a lot of the players there too.

I say, without fear of exaggeration, that Tim Smith was perhaps the most skillful player I've seen.

Bazal

Post Whore

All this Tim Smith talk will summon the ancient one from his slumber. Especially this post... He was just mentally weak didn't you know???

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
At the risk of posting a rumour in the rumours thread it seems as though Timmy is staying, according to a few tweets in the past 24 hours. More than likely posted already, apologies if so.

Kornstar

Coach
I concur. Remember Tim Smith's rookie year. Kid had the world at his feet, it was easily the best rookie season I can remember by a player that I've seen. But he was soon worked out and dismantled. Brown probably has a longer NRL career in front of him than Smith and is miles in front defensively, but I haven't seen anything to suggest he is going to dominate at NRL level yet. Goes without saying I'd love to be proved wrong....

I wouldn’t say they figured him out. Referees called many forward passes that weren’t forward against him purely cause the refs didn’t believe anyone could throw a pass like that.

2006 BS had lost the playing group and Smith suffered his illness and injury (he missed many games). Finished the season fine and we lost to a cheating Storm.

2007 we were knocked out by the cheating Storm, that’s what cost us a potential premiership, He also had the disadvantage of playing with Finch outside him.

2008 it all went to shit for him (and the team) thanks to Hagar having no idea how to deal with Millennials and they acted accordingly.

I love Drown and hope he has a long and successful career with us and I know he debuted 2 years younger than Smith, but Smith played over 200 top grade games here (90) and in the UK (120) over an 11 year career. Dylan lasted 3 games and has developed a problem with his back that needs to be closely managed and caused him to miss the next 11 games. I only hope he can get his body to a point where it holds together for him to give him an 11 year career at the top.

His back issues are very concerning, every time we get some promise something completely f**ks up for us!!

Latest posts