What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In a deep dark hole once again

Magpies Forever

Juniors
For a half to declare he’s taking ownership of the team Brooks is as quiet as a church mouse as well as never developing the passing & kicking games to steer the side.

In addition to the insane recruiting by Cleary Egan & Pascoe they should never have re-signed Brooks to undertake the pivotal role of game manager.Successful clubs with a superior rugby league IQ wouldn’t touch Brooks with a barge pole.Its so obvious y Isaac the scumbag moses never gave us any grief re brooks’s last contract.Its coz unsurprisingly there was no interest in him from other clubs.

We have a multitude of issues not the least of which is not having a quality game manager who possesses much nous.
That's why I'd like to see WT get an organising, talking halfback and shift Brooks to 5/8. Could work next season if Reynolds moved on and Benji gets the message and retires.

Promote from within?

Tiger Ted

Bench
That's why I'd like to see WT get an organising, talking halfback and shift Brooks to 5/8. Could work next season if Reynolds moved on and Benji gets the message and retires.

Promote from within?
I can accept Brooks playing in a more befitting role for him as a running 5/8.What does my head in at this moronic club is how the coaching staff have persisted with assigning him the role of primary game manager of the team when blind Freddy can see it’s not his innate role on a footy field.

Tiger05

First Grade
I can accept Brooks playing in a more befitting role for him as a running 5/8.What does my head in at this moronic club is how the coaching staff have persisted with assigning him the role of primary game manager of the team when blind Freddy can see it’s not his innate role on a footy field.

Are the club really doing this or is it the supporters asking for it. I've heard Madge state his running game is his strength. Brooks often says stuff like it's his team as well.

I like Madge but it's his job to get the most out of Brooks.

Magpies Forever

Juniors

I suppose opportunity. At every other past stage we've had somebody else useful or otherwise in 5/8. Marshall, Moses, Reynolds. With them gone I would suggest it's an ideal time to try shifting Brooks to 5/8 and trying to recruit or promote an organising, talking halfback - something that Brooks just can't do and we're crying out for.

Hawkins

Juniors
Don't be harsh, I love it when we play the tigers. In mid July I think sticky is thinking about sending out a few of the juniors. It would be nice to let everyone score a try.

super_coach

First Grade
How good would it be to land the vacant job of football manager at camp Concord.
1 Zero cap space to work with
2 Half a team full of plodders on long term contracts who are on the nose in the market place
3 half the squad at odds with the club because they are being shopped around
4 nothing in the lower grades that can be promoted for a couple of years
5 probably the least desirable destination for players to move to in the NRL
6 probably have to pay double the odds to land anyone even if they had cap space
Poor bugger who ever lands the job

How good would it be to land the vacant job of football manager at camp Concord.
1 Zero cap space to work with
2 Half a team full of plodders on long term contracts who are on the nose in the market place
3 half the squad at odds with the club because they are being shopped around
4 nothing in the lower grades that can be promoted for a couple of years
5 probably the least desirable destination for players to move to in the NRL
6 probably have to pay double the odds to land anyone even if they had cap space
Poor bugger who ever lands the job

Madge applied straight away!

Courage Tigers.

One problem with the above, how do we move Reynolds on...

Chop off his head, stick it on a pike and we can take turns using it as a contra flow signal to the club parking lot.

That’s where backdoor hangs out when he’s whinging on about mannah.

The last time Benny was seen in a children’s hospital was raiding the make a wish fountain.

Nothing personal grub...you just gotta get us our money back. You’re a human rip off.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I know I’m an enemy supporter but I personally think the tigers have their best years right in front of them. Maguire is the reason we are in the position we are in now. Seibold reaped the rewards of Maguire’s hard work. He is the master of the rebuild. Thompson, Jennings, Brooks, Twal, Matterson are all the kinds of players you can build a top team out of. I think Cleary really screwed you guys over with the purchases he made but Maguire is a great coach because he’s not scared to tap players on the shoulder and give them a spray if they’re not playing to their potential. Personally I think the Tigers are right where they need to be. I know this might sound ridiculous coming from a Souths supporter but unfortunately patience is key as a supporter in situations like this.

super_coach

First Grade
I know I’m an enemy supporter but I personally think the tigers have their best years right in front of them. Maguire is the reason we are in the position we are in now. Seibold reaped the rewards of Maguire’s hard work.

Sadly mate till Madge can move The Cleary signings on he has his hands tied. We are not far away from a good team but till we can fix up a few problem areas we are going nowhere

We Probably need to sign Mark Hughes the current Canterbury recruitment guru assigned to fix the post des dilemma.

Before anyone chokes and vomits, he put together the bunnies premiership side.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Sadly mate till Madge can move The Cleary signings on he has his hands tied. We are not far away from a good team but till we can fix up a few problem areas we are going nowhere

Mate I’m personally jealous of some of the players you have now though. I think I have a man crush on Matterson. You guys would be laughing at the roosters for letting him go. Madge also doesn’t seem to be a fan of the juniors either? Maybe that is a problem area that the tigers need to focus on. I also believe Madge is the kind of coach that gets value out of the cheap players rather than raising the market.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Nothing to do with rusty aye

Of course it’s to do with Rusty as well. But rusty can only do so much for the club off the field. I’m not denying we are fortunate that one Souths supporter turned into a famous actor and probably saved the club from extinction.

Tiger05

First Grade
Let's see how this progresses. I really hope we aren't the ones being played with those figures.

Latest posts