What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
1. Kenny didn't need to kick because he had Sterlo right there to do that for him.

2. No arguments there.

3. There was no insult intended, childish or not. If you were offended, then I apologise.

4. It's only a forum........FFS!

Sorry, man - crappy day.

Brett Kenny is definitely one of our greatest ever Eels, hands down.

Eelogical

Referee
Kenny was 100% a footballer. I don't think I've seen anyone break a line with just a drop of the shoulder and a feint like he could. It was obviously a very different game back then, but he was something very special.
You can only compare players from the era that they played in. Rules, professionalism, etc. Would Kenny be special these days? I'd have to say so.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I didn't get to watch too much of the 80's Eels, but from highlights packages, and full match replays, my favourites were Mick Cronin, and Ray Price.

But Kenny was pure poetry in motion - he had such beautiful, graceful, elegant movement.

Eelogical

Referee
I didn't get to watch too much of the 80's Eels, but from highlights packages, and full match replays, my favourites were Mick Cronin, and Ray Price.

But Kenny was pure poetry in motion - he had such beautiful, graceful, elegant movement.
The unsung hero was Paul Taylor. I always admired his ability to play above his weight.