What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players refusing to sing the National anthem in protest

SBD82

Coach
White people should just pack up and go back to Europe. We'll leave Australia to the indigenous people for the next 5 minutes until the Chinese come over and leave them with less than they have now. See how free they are then.
AbORigiNal PeOplE aRe sO DrAmaTiC.

AJB1102

First Grade
Like I said previously, people like Briggs care more for changing the anthem then caring for Indigenous women and children who will be subject to more violence and see more in the first 10 years of their life than any of us will see in our lifetime.

In the little I've seen/heard of Briggs he comes across to me as a blowhard Biggie Smalls wannabe who'll grab any attention he can get in the pursuit of gangsta rap, down with 'the man', f**k da po-lice fame and notoriety.

typicalfan

Coach
White people should just pack up and go back to Europe. We'll leave Australia to the indigenous people for the next 5 minutes until the Chinese come over and leave them with less than they have now. See how free they are then.
Be grateful!!!!!!

I am not going to stop you though.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Even if Springs wasn't doing it - you just did - trying to dictate whether young and free washes with how Indigenous people view things.

They're entitled to disagree with it as much as you are entitled to be ok with it. It's not your call to dictate whether it offends them though.

And if you watch the Briggs video posted earlier in the thread, they make it clear why it's not their bag.

Wrong again. I stated my OPINION of what “young and free” means (frankly I don’t think much about the words nor meaning of the anthem but that’s what common sense tells me it means) and I stated my OPINION of their stance. Did I say, they shouldn’t or mustn’t think that way? I agree they’re entitled to disagree with it or find offense etc, but i’m entitled to call bs on it.

I haven’t attempted to dictate whether or not people are offended. You’re confusing opining and criticising with dictating.

Vee

First Grade
Now that Mundane has retired and doesn't have a fight to promote, this dribbler is picking up the black slack.

Maybe if they'd played better...

Give yourself a billion uppercuts. You really think they would’ve got picked in the first place if that was true?

Stick to your knitting you goose
G72MRDn.gif

coolumsharkie

Referee
The media love the racist banter, keeps someone in a job at the end of the day.

I miss the days when it was just about the footy, the worst headlines were about shit ref calls and dirty players.

If Tahu thinks that good on him. WGAF!!