What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 24th Match: England v Afghanistan - Manchester 18/6/19 (England win by 150 runs)

TheParraboy

Staff member
Tuesday 730pm

You would imagine poms would be wanting to start to flex their muscle if they haven't already

Rain will be the Afghans best player, it doesn't turn up will be a slaughter

Pommy

Coach
Looks like Roy and Morgan will miss the game with Vince getting his first start and Ali coming back in to the squad after his wife gave birth.
I haven’t read anything saying how serious either injuries are.

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
Looks like Roy and Morgan will miss the game with Vince getting his first start and Ali coming back in to the squad after his idea gave birth
I know it’s a typo but ‘idea gave birth’ should be a phrase. Like when someone invents something their idea gave birth.

That’s the type of shit I think about anyway.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Well the day has come, if the Afghans are gonna win a match in this WC no point beating around the bush, may as well beat the tournament favourites

Here's hoping every little thing goes their way, they will need it

TheFrog

Coach
Afghan woman, deemed a princess
Born a true blue thoroughbred
Head a chiselled face of fables
Omen of no ill
Hills that spread around your chamber
Blooms that twine around your ears
Blossoms of the royalest texture angel of the years
Clad in sacks and scraps of linen
Living 'neath your waterwell
Praying that my youthful pauper's face
Will quench you well
Gazelle girl striding through your palace
Precious jewels nestle in your hair
Rameses born with platinum future
Take my heart and care.

Pommy

Coach
Well the day has come, if the Afghans are gonna win a match in this WC no point beating around the bush, may as well beat the tournament favourites

Here's hoping every little thing goes their way, they will need it

After spending a year of my life in that country I can honestly say I would love them to win a game in this tournament, anything to become closer to a proper country and recognised as such on an international stage.
But please not today after the slip up against Pakistan we can’t really afford another.

Bazal

Post Whore
Would love Afghanistan to win

But realistically they're shot. The whole thing around sending Shezad home stunk to high heaven too.

Bazal

Post Whore
James Vince would be more at home in the English squads of the late 90s-early 2000s, alongside players of the calibre Craig White, John Crawley, Usman Afzaal and Ed Smith

roofromoz

First Grade
I hope Bayliss didn't see Gulbadin's wicket celebration - may have offended his sensibilities.

Latest posts