What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

emjaycee

Coach
A shame that the ones who want to take over our club don't have half a clue.

"In 1999 he was banned for a year after a magistrate found that he had ''openly exploited the club to his own benefit on an ongoing basis''."
https://www.smh.com.au/national/bitter-row-over-who-should-rule-football-club-20091016-h14l.html
Mr. Labbozzetta is very active in the opposition to the changes that Max wants to introduce. I get the impression from hearing him speak at the numerous GM's that Mr. Labbozzetta would like to run for a seat on the PLC board.

In unrelated news, someone I was speaking to has the wild idea that the only reason there is such a strong push for an elected board is because there is the pending development of a $150M hotel that the club is planning and there would need to be builders and such appointed. I naively do not know what they are inferring.

eel01s

Bench
Oh yes it is so obvious why certain people just cannot let go. Funnily enough they are always ready to speak against Max's reforms.

I think it is time for ILGA to just endorse the reform and get the club on the way to being fully democratically elected. After all, only PRLC members (over 3 years) can be appointed.

84 Baby

Referee
Mr. Labbozzetta is very active in the opposition to the changes that Max wants to introduce. I get the impression from hearing him speak at the numerous GM's that Mr. Labbozzetta would like to run for a seat on the PLC board.

In unrelated news, someone I was speaking to has the wild idea that the only reason there is such a strong push for an elected board is because there is the pending development of a $150M hotel that the club is planning and there would need to be builders and such appointed. I naively do not know what they are inferring.
No I fully trust it’s because they are unhappy with the current team performance. And I can’t imagine ILGA would have a view any other way either. And I’m sure Dyldam would also become suddenly reinterested in supporting the team through the transition. That said I’m also certain Aland’s sole interest in supporting the team and marketing

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Oh yes it is so obvious why certain people just cannot let go. Funnily enough they are always ready to speak against Max's reforms.

I think it is time for ILGA to just endorse the reform and get the club on the way to being fully democratically elected. After all, only PRLC members (over 3 years) can be appointed.

Tin foil hat time. What if these people don't belong to a certain faction but rather Max has picked a handful of people to oppose what he wants and he asked others to join the LC when he was first appointed with the plan to put them on the board after the 3 year grace period?

Gronk

Staff member
Jim Sarantinos steps down from the Parramatta Eels Board

The Parramatta Eels Club today announced that Jim Sarantinos, a nominee of Parramatta Leagues Club (PLC) to the Board of the Parramatta Eels, has resigned from the Parramatta Eels Board and will take up a senior executive role with the Parramatta Eels.

Sue Coleman, the former Acting Chief Executive of the City of Parramatta Council, will be appointed on an interim basis as the second PLC nominee to the Parramatta Eels Board alongside PLC Administrator, Max Donnelly.

Jim was appointed to the Parramatta Eels Board in July 2016 as one of two PLC nominees on an interim basis while PLC underwent its governance reform process following the appointment of Max Donnelly as the Administrator in July 2016. The two PLC nominees were joined by five independent directors following the adoption of a new Parramatta Eels Club Constitution in early 2017.

Parramatta Eels Club Chairman, Sean McElduff, paid tribute to Jim’s significant contribution as an Eels Director and expressed the Board’s pleasure in his acceptance of a senior management role from June 2019.

"As part of the team that accompanied Max’s appointment, Jim has played a crucial role in stabilising both the Leagues Club and the Parramatta Eels since 2016.

“More recently, Jim has been instrumental in leading the negotiations for the Eels agreement with Bankwest Stadium, finalising the Eels strategic plan and has played a major role in securing government support for a high performance centre.

“We wanted to ensure Jim’s considerable skill and capability was not lost to the Eels organisation. We are therefore delighted that he has accepted a senior executive role with the organisation.

“Jim will add significant capability to the senior management ranks of the Eels and we are confident that he will play a major role in ensuring the Eels deliver its strategic objectives both on and off the field,” said Sean.

Sue Coleman has been appointed as one of PLC's nominees for the Parramatta Eels Board until the PLC constitutional reform process is finalised.

Sean welcomed Sue to the Parramatta Eels Board and emphasised Sue’s wealth of executive and board experience, especially from a Western Sydney perspective.

“Sue has over 20 years of experience working as a senior executive in community services and local Government, including her most recent role as Acting CEO of the City of Parramatta Council.

“Sue is recognised for her leadership and commitment to the communities of Greater Western Sydney and we look forward to the contribution Sue can make to our organisation,” said Sean.

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2...os-steps-down-from-the-parramatta-eels-board/