What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 23rd Match: West Indies v Bangladesh - Taunton 17/6/19 (Bangers won by 7 wks)

TheParraboy

Staff member
Hope we were paying atention. Looks like they could have chased down 400.

They showed a pitch map of WI bowling when Bangers were around 230 odd

170 plus runs in boundaries just off short bowling. Was obviously a plan by the Windies but was also obvious early on it wasn't working, but they kept at it right to the bitter end lol. Probably dumbest side in world cricket

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Bangladesh's remaining games:

Australia
Afghanistan
India
Pakistan

On form you'd expect them to win 2 and lose 2.

Years ago there was someone on these boards that had (I’m talking a decade ago)

“Bangladesh, 2019 World Cup champions”

In their signature

Now that’s probably not going to happen, but they have come a long way

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Fox Sports reporting the result as a huge upset but I wouldn’t have said so. It was fairly even coming into the game and probably harder to pick than a broken nose.

Well done Bangladesh, did it pretty easy in the end

Foxsports are full of shit, apart from having the word SHOCK in most of their headlines, the content of their articles is pretty much rubbish.

Windies on form were pretty average and the Bangers have been good

TheParraboy

Staff member
Bangladesh have won 8 out of the last 10 against the West Indies, if anything the Windies winning would be an upset

wow, WI's are basically their bunnies,

Hope we jag a win against them on Thursday, if we dont we may not recover

Eelectrica

Referee
wow, WI's are basically their bunnies,

Hope we jag a win against them on Thursday, if we dont we may not recover
The way I see it, we beat Bangladesh we're in. In that scenario they can't catch us and they're in fifth spot. SA could put up a challenge if NZ don't put them out of their misery first.

If we lose it's definitely one tough road against three teams who'd love nothing more than to send us packing.

JJ

Immortal
Nah :)

I am biased, but mainly I would prefer a new winner - a NZ/England final would be good, I reckon we can get them - but looking more and more like India and England just have a bit more than the rest