What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chernobyl (2019) HBO

bileduct

Coach
Haven’t watched it yet, but if it’s filled with British accents I don’t know if I can stomach it.

There was a mini-series on hitler made by the Brits a while ago... and hitler was played by the bloke from the full Monty just speaking in his natural voice. Completely ruined it
Yer, I'm gonna take a punt and say you're not gonna like this.

Danish

Referee
Yer, I'm gonna take a punt and say you're not gonna like this.

Haha well that sucks.the previews they showed before the last few eps of GOT looked good, but I disnt realise all the poms were supposed to be Russians.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Haha well that sucks.the previews they showed before the last few eps of GOT looked good, but I disnt realise all the poms were supposed to be Russians.
They made the decision to do it in varying accents to avoid comical sounding Russian accents, they also actively avoid trying to saying Russian specific language as well, things like comrade are used pretty sparsely.

Can't say I disagree with the decision after watching it. Unless you're Russian, it is one accent that shouldn't be attempted. It really doesn't detract from the show, it's one of the best mini series to come out in the last decade.

Pommy

Coach

Not sure why it would be such a big deal. It’s not like the soviets were speaking English in a Russian accent in real life.

Watched episodes 2 and 3 last night, probably the best thing I have watched in a long time. What day do the episodes drop on Foxtel? I just want to watch it all now.

Smack

Coach
chernobyl-meme-you-didnt-see-graphite-change-my-mind-300x250.jpg

axl rose

Bench
Stellar finale. Being labelled one of the best best shows ever made. Hard to argue but I bet they havent seen The Wayne Manifesto.

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
Steallar finale. Being labelled one of the best best shows ever made. Hard to argue but I bet they havent seen The Wayne Manifesto.
Totally agree fantastic finally its incredible to think that officially the Soviet Union death toll was only 31...

Generalzod

Immortal
I was also watching a documentary that life is actually making a comback it’s just incredible what happens when humans just pack up and go elsewhere after 30 or so years nature has taken over, wolves Bilson Horses nature will find a way..one thing I’ve learned from this show geez humans have farked this planet

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’ve only watched episode 1 but it’s probably the best opening to a series I’ve ever seen. The way they encapsulated the panic by the workers whilst they were told everything was fine was brilliant. The music they use couldn’t suit the mood an better. Whilst watching it you just think ‘this actually happened to these poor people’

Generalzod

Immortal
I’ve only watched episode 1 but it’s probably the best opening to a series I’ve ever seen. The way they encapsulated the panic by the workers whilst they were told everything was fine was brilliant. The music they use couldn’t suit the mood an better. Whilst watching it you just think ‘this actually happened to these poor people’
Mate it gets better..

Generalzod

Immortal
This accident if you can call that way is one of these reasons why we refused to build nuclear reactors in Australia...

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
This accident if you can call that way is one of these reasons why we refused to build nuclear reactors in Australia...

There has never been a proposal to build a soviet era reactor with those practices and management style.

Parra

Referee
I was also watching a documentary that life is actually making a comback it’s just incredible what happens when humans just pack up and go elsewhere after 30 or so years nature has taken over, wolves Bilson Horses nature will find a way..one thing I’ve learned from this show geez humans have farked this planet

You could use the same evidence to argue that we haven't made a dent. In such a short time nature takes over. There is evidence of this anywhere. How insignificant are we in terms of time and impact?

If we were to depart tomorrow how long would it take for evidence of our existence to be obliterated?