What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Origin II - Sun 23 Jun - NSW 38-6 QLD @ Perth

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King hit

Coach
Laurie had the likes of Cronk, Smith, Slater, JT and a fit GI to contend against.
Buzz Rothfield after 3 bottles of red could have coached that QLD team to a series win.
Freddy is about to lose to a team captained by DCE with Morgan in centres.

Blues had QLD totally on the ropes and were cruising to victory in game 2 before using shithouse tactics that just let the Maroons back in

some11

Referee
Laurie had the likes of Cronk, Smith, Slater, JT and a fit GI to contend against.
Buzz Rothfield after 3 bottles of red could have coached that QLD team to a series win.
Cherry-Evans is the second best halfback in the game, and Morgan rarely has a stinker and always performs under pressure.

It's probably a good thing the cupboard was so bare for QLD, because they can't really change the starting lineup at all.

King hit

Coach
I was just in my local rebel sport and saw the 2005 NSW jersey as a retro. Feel old when i see a jersey from my childhood as a retro :grinning:

Can’t believe that was 14 years ago. I remember that series like it was 10 seconds ago

MKCS

Juniors
I think NSW will win here but it'll be similar to game 1 where they win in a close one. I'm not sure the smaller but more mobile pack will be a good idea going forward. I think we lacked a lot of size in game 1 and I'm still a big believer that big bodies help massively to win footy games.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I think NSW will win here but it'll be similar to game 1 where they win in a close one. I'm not sure the smaller but more mobile pack will be a good idea going forward. I think we lacked a lot of size in game 1 and I'm still a big believer that big bodies help massively to win footy games.
Well they have saifiti.....

Styles clash

Juniors
Desperately hoping NSW win. Have game 3 tickets (that someone else paid for). Normally wouldn't watch a deadrubber even on TV.

jargan83

Coach
Shit load of rain coming this weekend, BoM suggests most of it will be in the morning on Sunday though.

jargan83

Coach

And Ben Hunt at 9

ram raid

Bench
That QLD side look pretty badass to me. Especially the spine. The only place they look week is Hunt compared to Cook.

big hit!

Bench

can I ask why the knock on DCE? are you still referring to 2014 series?

He didn't even train with the team for the first 2 games of that series - Cronk as starting half for Game 1 and Hunt took reps as halfback in prep for Game 2 due to DCE injury. DCE also leads and organises his teams around the field as a #1, something he's not going to do with Thurston in the same team off little prep. He's not an athletic running half brute that can take on a line like Munster does.

i'm not even a Manly supporter, hate the merkins, but c'mon take the goggles off. the bloke is head and shoulders probably the best organising half in the game right now. He has been the difference maker in State of Origin in the last 4 games. He didn't play, NSW won. He play, QLD won.

as a forward, it would be great to know all the hard work done in the midde and in defence is going to be capitalised on. and NSW wingers wish to have him on the blues team - they'd get some ball.

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
It's always great to hear current players, or recently retired give their views on what they expect in match-ups. Cronk on NRL360 reckons Maloney and Wighton is actually a good combination and will be dynamic. He reckons NSWs problem is on the right-edge defence. Tom T is consistently aggressive in line speed. Comes up a bit too far and if Cleary doesn't do same as 3-man, Kaufusi will eventually line break off Munster. This is the sort of analysis Cronk and co would do in prep so I wonder how much this affects they way Tom T plays now

typicalfan

Coach
It's always great to hear current players, or recently retired give their views on what they expect in match-ups. Cronk on NRL360 reckons Maloney and Wighton is actually a good combination and will be dynamic. He reckons NSWs problem is on the right-edge defence. Tom T is consistently aggressive in line speed. Comes up a bit too far and if Cleary doesn't do same as 3-man, Kaufusi will eventually line break off Munster. This is the sort of analysis Cronk and co would do in prep so I wonder how much this affects they way Tom T plays now
I think this is the hidden strength to Kevvie. I think all this talk about his coaching distracts from the fact guys like Slater and Thurston and maybe even Cronk will study that Blues team and work out a way to beat them in no time.

I feel these guys are a better judge than someone like Lockyer for example.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Considering how much air time and analysis Keiran forans hair got last weekend by the experts on the panel I dare say this type of input is on shirt supply

ram raid

Bench
can I ask why the knock on DCE? are you still referring to 2014 series?

He didn't even train with the team for the first 2 games of that series - Cronk as starting half for Game 1 and Hunt took reps as halfback in prep for Game 2 due to DCE injury. DCE also leads and organises his teams around the field as a #1, something he's not going to do with Thurston in the same team off little prep. He's not an athletic running half brute that can take on a line like Munster does.

i'm not even a Manly supporter, hate the merkins, but c'mon take the goggles off. the bloke is head and shoulders probably the best organising half in the game right now. He has been the difference maker in State of Origin in the last 4 games. He didn't play, NSW won. He play, QLD won.

as a forward, it would be great to know all the hard work done in the midde and in defence is going to be capitalised on. and NSW wingers wish to have him on the blues team - they'd get some ball.

I'm with you on DCE. He may be a bit of a tosser (certainly talks like one), but there's denying his ability.

big hit!

Bench
Considering how much air time and analysis Keiran forans hair got last weekend by the experts on the panel I dare say this type of input is on shirt supply

rugby league analysis is the pits. nowhere near enough (if any) attention to Xs and Os. Everything that's going shit in a club is down to speculation from expert click-baiters. it filters into these forums as well - if a club is struggling, they're all just shit.

Folks go on about WIghton being picked in the centres, but Cronk likes it. Tom T is a fullback and rarely defends in the line. Cronk's observation of him comes from last series when he had a short stint at centre.

Now I suppose you need to take all this with a healthy dose of skepticism too - end of day, it's one of the two heads delivering the opinion, and we know they're all capable of playing the diversion game long after they've come away from the QLD origin environment - they stick together. I reckon Cronk wants to prove his worth in the media though

Latest posts