What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Suitman

Post Whore
I’d like to see them trial this for some NRL games, try something different. Never know, some fans might like it.

Probably not possible this season as those seats would be held by season ticket holders.
But yes, I agree. I prefer to stand at all sport except the cricket.

Quicksilver

Bench

So basically the current suburban model where there is an option to stand or sit ain’t all that bad after all.

I had the impression that the entire population was invalid from previous discussions here. Turns out people can actually walk and stand.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So basically the current suburban model where there is an option to stand or sit ain’t all that bad after all.

I had the impression that the entire population was invalid from previous discussions here. Turns out people can actually walk and stand.

Looking at attendances at suburban v all seater it would seem your logic is flawed.
A small minority of soccer fans want to stand, probably to better throw flares, jump up and down and get at opposition fans easier, the vast majority of sports fans have moved on and expect a seat with a decent view and a cup holder.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So did they put actual seats in then take them out or was this area empty previous to this? Also aren’t these supposed to have fold down seats for other games?
In Germany they have to have seats for the UEFA games.

They can take the seats out and install the barriers. If you look it is the same floor mountings, just barriers instead of seats bolted into them. They are interchangeable

Pommy

Coach
They can take the seats out and install the barriers. If you look it is the same floor mountings, just barriers instead of seats bolted into them. They are interchangeable

Ok cool it must be a different system to what I have seen Dortmund and Celtic using.

Suitman

Post Whore
Ok cool it must be a different system to what I have seen Dortmund and Celtic using.

Yep, it's a different system to those two grounds as @Perth Red explained.
This is actually a great system and the reason they went for this was because Eels fans had concerns that the permanent rail system with fold down/lock in seats would block their view due to the rail height.
Not sure if it would have been an issue as it seems to work ok at Celtic and Dortmund.
Anyhow, it's a simple system to interchange the seats with the rails as both systems use the same mounting brackets.

Quicksilver

Bench
Looking at attendances at suburban v all seater it would seem your logic is flawed.
A small minority of soccer fans want to stand, probably to better throw flares, jump up and down and get at opposition fans easier, the vast majority of sports fans have moved on and expect a seat with a decent view and a cup holder.

How would you know? You don’t have a team and you don’t go to games.

Latest posts