What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Suitman

Post Whore
Safe standing increases capacity of the area by about x 1.5 - 1.8.
However, I don't believe Bankwest will be selling more than 1 standing ticket for 1 seated ticket. At this stage anyway. It's possible though that in the future they could sell more tickets for the standing area then there are actual seats, possibly then increasing the capacity by another 500-800.

Dortmund in Euro mode...…

Dortmund in safe standing mode.....

BHcAesgCEAEJGmN.jpg:large

Suitman

Post Whore
Looking at attendances at suburban v all seater it would seem your logic is flawed.
A small minority of soccer fans want to stand, probably to better throw flares, jump up and down and get at opposition fans easier, the vast majority of sports fans have moved on and expect a seat with a decent view and a cup holder.

Nice troll.

Timbo

Staff member
The safe standing seats - how high are those rails? When the seats are unlocked, are they in your eyeline?

Suitman

Post Whore
The safe standing seats - how high are those rails? When the seats are unlocked, are they in your eyeline?

Not an issue at Bankwest because the pic Perth Red showed is not the system being used at Parra.
At Bankwest, it is either the rails or the seats. Not both. They are easily and quickly interchangeable.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Wasn't it a part of the stadium agreement that two thirds of Sydney NRL matches must be played at the main three stadiums? Or was that scrapped?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So did they put actual seats in then take them out

yes they did, the standing areas are for an exhibition game between Leeds United and WSW

Also aren’t these supposed to have fold down seats for other games?
In Germany they have to have seats for the UEFA games.

no, they remove them for the League season and reinstall them for the A League season

interesting concept for us Leagies as its never been done that I know of, we haven't caught onto the fold down seats yet but I guess it would depend on what part of the ground, as Timbo hit on, if you stand up the people behind you cant see but Bankwest is very steep

Timbo

Staff member
Does the rake look improved to you? Looks pretty similar

I think the lower bowl looks much steeper.

If you can curtain off the top deck - and I hope like hell the Rooster/Waratahs/FC hold them to that - it should be a huge improvement for club games.

I think the lower bowl looks much steeper.

If you can curtain off the top deck - and I hope like hell the Rooster/Waratahs/FC hold them to that - it should be a huge improvement for club games.

Apparently the club mode is mentioned in the latest development document.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Its a good design, but was hoping for bigger capacity. I thought that was the originally plan but perhaps it wouldve cost too much.

The sections behind the goal posts look steeper than the old SFS.