What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Suitman

Post Whore
DA has been lodged for the new SFS.
Here's a few pics...….
Right click for full size image.

This won't be a cheap arsed Ikea flat pack stadium like Parra got. (Although Parra is great!)
This will have all the bells and whistles.

3281950a37c393b9e84b88519e28d7f3.jpg

2941dde135565f4f1b4840d86e4de0ae.jpg

06_Driver-Ave-Main-Entry.jpg

08_Community-Space-View.jpg

09a_Internal_View_of_Bowl-Roosters_Crowd.jpg

84 Baby

Referee
I was commenting on Stoppa's claim that these rails will end up on the field or be damaged. Absolutely ridiculous claim. I'll do a HJ and buy 16 people beers if that ever happens.

So, people are going to get pneumatic or impact type drills with the correct fittings into the stadium and undo rows of bolts to disengage these rails? Mmmm, ok then.

The Wanderers were the club that pushed for safe standing. I have no doubt, (although I have no evidence) that they would have agreed to pay for the cost of the installation of the rails at end the end of each NRL season. Besides this Leeds United game, and any other "one off game" they play during an NRL season, they will generally only have to pay for it once every year. It wouldn't be that great a cost. I'm sure they thought it was worth it.
So you weren’t lost for words?

amitropo

Juniors
Looks like plenty of leg room in those seats.
Considering we took over the pool, extra 100-150mm leg room would have been good rather than standing very 5 minutes for someone to get through

On the abc yesterday they had a piece on Carlingford Produce. Amazingly it’s still open for business after reinventing itself over the years away from it’s roots as support for the rural sector, providing livestock feed etc.

Streets were my mates used to live now have towers built upon them, casting shadows over the old tin sheds. The CP website says that it was built around an old grain mill and it still has the old machinery on site.

The building is now heritage listed and I hope that it becomes a micro brewery or similar so that it survives another 100 years.

IIRC the Carlingford line will be replace with the Parra light rail (stage 2 or 3) sometime in the future.

http://www.carlingfordproduce.com.au/

https://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/heritageapp/ViewHeritageItemDetails.aspx?ID=4807643

View attachment 30612

View attachment 30613

View attachment 30614
My mates and I used to chop cones down there back in the day. Buddha maaaan!

strider

Post Whore
Looks like plenty of leg room in those seats.
Considering we took over the pool, extra 100-150mm leg room would have been good rather than standing very 5 minutes for someone to get through
Its just a picture. I will bet my left nut it wont be that spacious

strider

Post Whore
I was commenting on Stoppa's claim that these rails will end up on the field or be damaged. Absolutely ridiculous claim. I'll do a HJ and buy 16 people beers if that ever happens.

So, people are going to get pneumatic or impact type drills with the correct fittings into the stadium and undo rows of bolts to disengage these rails? Mmmm, ok then.

The Wanderers were the club that pushed for safe standing. I have no doubt, (although I have no evidence) that they would have agreed to pay for the cost of the installation of the rails at end the end of each NRL season. Besides this Leeds United game, and any other "one off game" they play during an NRL season, they will generally only have to pay for it once every year. It wouldn't be that great a cost. I'm sure they thought it was worth it.
Is that a pneumatic drill in your pocket or are you just happy to be at the football

Lol ... yeah i am sure thesethings are bolted down ... i cant see em ending up on the field

Suitman

Post Whore
Is that a pneumatic drill in your pocket or are you just happy to be at the football

Lol ... yeah i am sure thesethings are bolted down ... i cant see em ending up on the field

Hence why Stoppa's comments were just plain stupid. 84's reply was more stupider.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, because it is a simple system to remove and re-install seats.

seems a fair bit of work for one game but what surprises me the most is that LFC are willing to play in front of 30,000 people when they are used to playing in front of twice that and last time they sold out the MCG

good to see Bankwest get used for other codes tho

Suitman

Post Whore
seems a fair bit of work for one game but what surprises me the most is that LFC are willing to play in front of 30,000 people when they are used to playing in front of twice that and last time they sold out the MCG

good to see Bankwest get used for other codes tho

It's LUFC!
Leeds United ffs!!
Not Liverpool FC, who played at the MCG and sold it out. Ffs Twiz!!.

Suitman

Post Whore
For the record Twiz, you dopey bastard, this is the Liverpool game you are referring to....at the MCG.
Turn the volume up. Pretty incredible stuff.

Words fail me.
Suit, I've never come into this thread and tried to make a shit show of it ala Bart and possibly others. Regardless of where this discussion goes, I don't intend to either
You did say there was a simple system to remove and reinstall seats. I pictured in my mind a spring loaded pin that would locate and secure the rails/seats. Then later you mention pneumatic/impact style drills lol, neither of which would be the correct tool to use, even if threaded fasteners are used to secure them. I should have realised that a system like a spring loaded pin for quick release and expedient installation would never pass the design stage for this application. Why do you think that is? I've got some ideas on that and I'm sure they will differ to yours.
The RBB has in the past shown a propensity for damaging seats and lets be polite, unruly behavior. Not that I really give a shit. I'm an old anarchist, vandal and ardent bird flipper to society from way back.
I've made a prediction that may or may not come true and have directly implicated the RBB in that, that as far as I know, you're not even a member of. If all WSW fans are considered RBB then that's one thing (I wouldn't know) but to me the RBB are the more flare lighting, seat busting, hooligan element of the fan base that exists . These (correct me if I'm wrong) are the people who lobbied for and succeeded in gaining the safe standing area?
My prediction may never come to be and that's cool with me but I don't see how me making it could make words fail you. If it ever happens, It will just be a bit of the boys having fun to me. I really wouldn't get outraged about it.
If it does come true and you do have to do the HJ thing, can you please put the cash for my beer in with 111's and buy him a gin, I'd really appreciate it. Cheers mate.
P.S. I did say "Maybe just damaged where they are". By that I mean deliberately and violently damaged. If that does happen, That should be enough for you to shout. Cheers.

Latest posts