What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
I reckon Sterlo was about as good as Cronk - another good but overrated player, but unlike Sterlo was lucky enough to play his entire career in strong teams.
Very good analogy Pou. Sterling knew how to follow a game plan and his kicking game was very precise. Sterling like Cronk was a manufactured halfback and began his first grade career at fullback and mostly played 6 at schoolboy level.

But there was a guy called Brett Kenny who was the best of them all and should be in the conversation when it comes
to immortals.

Parra_Eel

Juniors
So you ask the question but you say the you won't listen to some answers. Nobody is saying he is 'crap', he's solid enough, but doesn't bend the line and we don't need any more players like that. A lot of people are irrationally in love with him because he's a great bloke and has a great attitude. He'll undoubtedly get another go at some time this year. And, of course, we can't forget the gerbil incident.
People have been saying he is CRAP maybe just not on this site. & yet you say I don't listen to people's awnsers I have been away since the post & I am listening to the replys right fu**ing now. I do agree on parts of your reply as parts are rock solid.
Tackles per minute are down this year, which is the main thing we need from him.
@Poupou Escobar your reply I can fully understand probably one of the very good points to raise about tim.

Parra_Eel

Juniors
Very good analogy Pou. Sterling knew how to follow a game plan and his kicking game was very precise. Sterling like Cronk was a manufactured halfback and began his first grade career at fullback and mostly played 6 at schoolboy level.

But there was a guy called Brett Kenny who was the best of them all and should be in the conversation when it comes
to immortals.
Don't Forget About RAY PRICE that man is as tough as nails you could hit him with a bag of nut & bolts & he would still spill his guts & play 110%

Parra_Eel

Juniors
Nuts and bolts and heavier and more durable than nails. Bad analogy, bro.
You got a better one huh ? & just to correct your low thought into your comment nails bolts nuts can vary in size weight thats like saying how longs a piece of string/rope lol

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
I would argue that Ricky Stuart was far more influential. His passing and kicking game fundamentally changed how modern halves played the game. He was widescreen compared to everyone that came before him.

Also in an unbeatable side to be honest. W.Smith could be the half in that team and goes down as a good player.

Parra_Eel

Juniors
Lets see if I do. What about:

''Don't Forget About RAY FKN PRICE! That man is as tough as as a pair of old boots packed full of beef jerky and blood. You could smack him on the c**k n' balls with a sack of door knobs and he would still never drop his guts or give anything less than 111%"
Took you long enough I count 30 + minutes grow up son

hindy111

Post Whore
We aren't talking about 'good' players. We are talking about f**king great players. 'Immortals' if you will.

Sure. But NRL is much harder these days to reach those levels. Every team is at peak fitness now etc.
80s player could train extra and be better based on physical attributes alone not just skills.
I doubt we will ever see a half with those types of skills cause the opposition is just to good in defense and will not allow it.....

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Took you long enough I count 30 + minutes grow up son
It actually took me much longer than that. You are assuming that I saw your post immediately after you sent yours but the truth is that I actually predicted your post 15 mins before you posted it and got to work on something before you had even thought about writing yours.

Parra_Eel

Juniors
It actually took me much longer than that. You are assuming that I saw your post immediately after you sent yours but the truth is that I actually predicted your post 15 mins before you posted it and got to work on something before you had even thought about writing yours.
Sure Gary GutfulOfCrap what every you say

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Sure. But NRL is much harder these days to reach those levels. Every team is at peak fitness now etc.
80s player could train extra and be better based on physical attributes alone not just skills.
I doubt we will ever see a half with those types of skills cause the opposition is just to good in defense and will not allow it.....
Or those 'skills' have just become a pre-requisite for first grade. When Ricky Stuart was doing long passes and kicks it was unique. Now it is just expected.

I think the game will always evolve and there will be a few special players that have a greater influence on that evolution. Agree though, that given where all teams are with fitness we probably wont see the degree of evolution that we have in the past.

hindy111

Post Whore
Or those 'skills' have just become a pre-requisite for first grade. When Ricky Stuart was doing long passes and kicks it was unique. Now it is just expected.

I think the game will always evolve and there will be a few special players that have a greater influence on that evolution. Agree though, that given where all teams are with fitness we probably wont see the degree of evolution that we have in the past.

I cant think of one person now who is the best player in game. Id say Moses is as skillfull as any half in game. If anyone is better they are splitting hairs. I see clones of each other. Same goes for a lot of positions. Even the worse players are capable of being quite good and your average players are not far off origin level.

Latest posts