What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis v Tonga

Clarkent

Juniors
Did Samoa get a new coach yet? They were such a disappointment that World Cup.
Yeah same coach he's hopeless tbh... Bennett wanted to coach one of the island teams before he took up the England job but no one got a hold of him... Pretty gutted Samoa didn't hit him up

Clarkent

Juniors
I remember watching it thinking how big he was, word was the Samoan camp at the World Cup players pretty much ran the show there.
That samoan team at the world Cup looked like they just came back from a holiday... Papalii and Junior Paulo both looked overweight... If that's the condition they we're in then the coach wasn't doing his job and it's not also a good look for the clubs giving there players away and they come back out of form... I remember Ricky Stuart not being happy with the Samoan team when papalii and Paulo came back into camp... They need a new coach

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
but you wouldn't know it.

no info on SMH, AsiaPacific RL - I can't find any info on broadcast times, fixtures etc; nothing on the news last night?

pathetic

Arucard

Juniors
but you wouldn't know it.

no info on SMH, AsiaPacific RL - I can't find any info on broadcast times, fixtures etc; nothing on the news last night?

pathetic
The best part is how the WatchNRL service for us overseas looks to be blocking us out of the match entirely.

Anyone got a stream I can hook into?

RedVee

First Grade
I'm hesitant to drag the conversation back to eligibility discussions as I am in favour of the current rule, but I think they could make some changes to make it less messy.

Keep the rule that allows switching between t1 and t2, and leave the nations in current tiers for the forseeable future.
BUT
1. Remove swapping between tier 2 nations. There's no need for this. While the multiculturalism of the sport should be celebrated, it stretches legitimacy too far to have players representing 3 (or more) nations.
2. Players should declare their preferred eligiblity 4 weeks before the first test match is played in a year, and not allowed to swap mid-year. Eg. "1. Tonga, 2. New Zealand". This information should be publicly visible, selectors and fans should be absolutely clear who is available, and defections shouldn't happen during OR AFTER squads have been chosen. Pretty ridiculous situation.

I thought you could only swap T1 - T2 now.
Eg Tyson Frizell went Wales - Australia, I thought he wouldn’t be allowed to then go to Tonga. If he can, then I agree that is a bit far.
But Asiata has switched Samoa - Tonga hasn’t he? :rolleyes:

Jim from Oz

Juniors
The crowd announced as 23,500-odd, Not bad considering the ticket price fiasco. But pretty disappointing performance from Tonga

Clarkent

Juniors
The crowd announced as 23,500-odd, Not bad considering the ticket price fiasco. But pretty disappointing performance from Tonga
Tonga looks like they had no gameplan at all the forwards ain't running hard like they usually do... Kiwis did there homework on Tonga...