What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Suit, I've never come into this thread and tried to make a shit show of it ala Bart and possibly others. Regardless of where this discussion goes, I don't intend to either
You did say there was a simple system to remove and reinstall seats. I pictured in my mind a spring loaded pin that would locate and secure the rails/seats. Then later you mention pneumatic/impact style drills lol, neither of which would be the correct tool to use, even if threaded fasteners are used to secure them. I should have realised that a system like a spring loaded pin for quick release and expedient installation would never pass the design stage for this application. Why do you think that is? I've got some ideas on that and I'm sure they will differ to yours.
The RBB has in the past shown a propensity for damaging seats and lets be polite, unruly behavior. Not that I really give a shit. I'm an old anarchist, vandal and ardent bird flipper to society from way back.
I've made a prediction that may or may not come true and have directly implicated the RBB in that, that as far as I know, you're not even a member of. If all WSW fans are considered RBB then that's one thing (I wouldn't know) but to me the RBB are the more flare lighting, seat busting, hooligan element of the fan base that exists . These (correct me if I'm wrong) are the people who lobbied for and succeeded in gaining the safe standing area?
My prediction may never come to be and that's cool with me but I don't see how me making it could make words fail you. If it ever happens, It will just be a bit of the boys having fun to me. I really wouldn't get outraged about it.
If it does come true and you do have to do the HJ thing, can you please put the cash for my beer in with 111's and buy him a gin, I'd really appreciate it. Cheers mate.
P.S. I did say "Maybe just damaged where they are". By that I mean deliberately and violently damaged. If that does happen, That should be enough for you to shout. Cheers.
You should have to buy beers if it doesn't happen.

You should have to buy beers if it doesn't happen.
LOL. Why TF should I? I only made a prediction. I never made a bet with anyone or offered beers if it didn't come true. Unlike some people on here (not you) I always pay any bet I'm stupid enough to loose*. That's why I never have to fork out over $50 and rarely ever have to fork out at all. Having said that, I did have to purchase 3x $5 lottery tickets the other day. Wish them luck lol.

Suitman

Post Whore
Suit, I've never come into this thread and tried to make a shit show of it ala Bart and possibly others. Regardless of where this discussion goes, I don't intend to either.

Much appreciated. You are certainly no Bart and I've never thought otherwise.

You did say there was a simple system to remove and reinstall seats. I pictured in my mind a spring loaded pin that would locate and secure the rails/seats. Then later you mention pneumatic/impact style drills lol, neither of which would be the correct tool to use, even if threaded fasteners are used to secure them. I should have realised that a system like a spring loaded pin for quick release and expedient installation would never pass the design stage for this application. Why do you think that is? I've got some ideas on that and I'm sure they will differ to yours.
The RBB has in the past shown a propensity for damaging seats and lets be polite, unruly behavior. Not that I really give a shit. I'm an old anarchist, vandal and ardent bird flipper to society from way back.

I agree. Although impact style tools to fasten the bolts would certainly be used to expediate the changeover. They wouldn't be using a shifter for example. My original photo clearly showed the fastening to be a nut/bolt system, not spring loaded pins as you thought.
A lot (if not most) of the seat damage in the past has come from jumping on them rather than deliberate destruction. I know that because I've seen it first hand.

I've made a prediction that may or may not come true and have directly implicated the RBB in that, that as far as I know, you're not even a member of. If all WSW fans are considered RBB then that's one thing (I wouldn't know) but to me the RBB are the more flare lighting, seat busting, hooligan element of the fan base that exists . These (correct me if I'm wrong) are the people who lobbied for and succeeded in gaining the safe standing area?

A couple of points here. No, I'm not a member of the RBB, although I have stood in the active section with them many times before. Mostly at away games. There is a small minority of absolute f**king wankers amongst them, but generally they are just fans who like active support and get heavily involved in chants and singing. It's football. It's part of the culture.
Secondly, It wasn't just the RBB that lobbied for the safe standing. It was a vast mix of Wanderers fans (some of which I know personally who aren't RBB) that attended the stadium design/wish list forums that the govt/designers held.

My prediction may never come to be and that's cool with me but I don't see how me making it could make words fail you. If it ever happens, It will just be a bit of the boys having fun to me. I really wouldn't get outraged about it.

That's fine, but I don't agree. It would be destruction of public property and I don't condone that. In saying that, I can't see it happening anyway.

If it does come true and you do have to do the HJ thing, can you please put the cash for my beer in with 111's and buy him a gin, I'd really appreciate it. Cheers mate.
P.S. I did say "Maybe just damaged where they are". By that I mean deliberately and violently damaged. If that does happen, That should be enough for you to shout. Cheers.

If I do lose this bet/promise, 111 will have to earn his gin.
Cheers. :)

Much appreciated. You are certainly no Bart and I've never thought otherwise.

I agree. Although impact style tools to fasten the bolts would certainly be used to expediate the changeover. They wouldn't be using a shifter for example. My original photo clearly showed the fastening to be a nut/bolt system, not spring loaded pins as you thought.
A lot (if not most) of the seat damage in the past has come from jumping on them rather than deliberate destruction. I know that because I've seen it first hand.

A couple of points here. No, I'm not a member of the RBB, although I have stood in the active section with them many times before. Mostly at away games. There is a small minority of absolute f**king wankers amongst them, but generally they are just fans who like active support and get heavily involved in chants and singing. It's football. It's part of the culture.
Secondly, It wasn't just the RBB that lobbied for the safe standing. It was a vast mix of Wanderers fans (some of which I know personally who aren't RBB) that attended the stadium design/wish list forums that the govt/designers held.

That's fine, but I don't agree. It would be destruction of public property and I don't condone that. In saying that, I can't see it happening anyway.

If I do lose this bet/promise, 111 will have to earn his gin.
Cheers. :)
All good mate. Father Time will tell lol. You'll have to take up with 111 what "earn" means. I'd happily buy the bloke a gin. We did have that wonderful date night once remember? Even though he is a squillionaire and I am a mere pauper.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
LOL. Why TF should I? I only made a prediction. I never made a bet with anyone or offered beers if it didn't come true. Unlike some people on here (not you) I always pay any bet I'm stupid enough to loose*. That's why I never have to fork out over $50 and rarely ever have to fork out at all. Having said that, I did have to purchase 3x $5 lottery tickets the other day. Wish them luck lol.
Fair enough. I was just angling for a free beer.

I'll cut you a deal. I'll just take a bottle of your homebrew and call it even.

Fair enough. I was just angling for a free beer.

I'll cut you a deal. I'll just take a bottle of your homebrew and call it even.
Done mate. I'll brew something this winter and send you something. I'll let you know. How about something dark? I havn't brewed for about 18 months and still have lots of stock. I won't send anything that's not shit hot. After you have drank it. I'll tell you what was in it lol.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Done mate. I'll brew something this winter and send you something. I'll let you know. How about something dark? I havn't brewed for about 18 months and still have lots of stock. I won't send anything that's not shit hot. After you have drank it. I'll tell you what was in it lol.
A big beefy stout or a porter sounds good. Look forward to it. I'll even share it with @Eelogical and @hineyrulz. Cheers.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Will you cum in with a breeze?
200w.webp

Gronk

Staff member
Western Sydney Airport officially becomes Nancy-Bird Walton Airport

Australia’s biggest aviation project will honour one of the nation’s trailblazing stars of the sky.

The $5.3 billion Western Sydney Airport will officially become Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport – recognising the iconic pilot’s contribution to Australia.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said the Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport would transform Sydney.

“Western Sydney airport is a truly visionary project that will transform our city, recognising the economic powerhouse that is Western Sydney, creating 28,000 jobs within five years of opening, while delivering new tourism and trade opportunities in Sydney and Australia,” the Prime Minister said.

“This is an airport for the people of Western Sydney that will enable them to continue to secure their economic future.

“Our Government’s decision to make this airport a reality after generations of delay, is a sign of our commitment to the people of Western Sydney and our determination to get things done. While others talked about it, we took action and made it happen.

“It is fitting that having recognised Charles Kingsford Smith at Sydney Airport that we now recognise Australia’s greatest female aviation pioneer, Nancy-Bird Walton in the naming of Western Sydney Airport.

“Nancy-Bird Walton was an inspiring and natural choice.

“Nancy-Bird Walton is an Australian legend, a pioneer whose determination to take to the sky is an inspiration for generations who have followed. At just 17, Nancy-Bird enrolled at Charles Kingsford-Smith’s flying school at Mascot.

“Nancy-Bird was the first female pilot in Australia, and the Commonwealth, to be licenced to carry passengers and began her career flying nurses to the outback to provide medical services for children and their mothers.”

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Development Michael McCormack said Nancy-Bird Walton was a champion for female aviators and it was fitting to honour her achievements.

https://www.pm.gov.au/media/nancy-bird-walton-immortalised-western-sydney-airport

Gronk

Staff member
Strangely the below text has been cut n pasted into dozens and dozens of personal objections.

^^^^

Name Withheld

Parramatta, New South Wales

Dear Sir/Madam
OBJECTION - SSD 17_8800 PROPOSED PARRAMATTA EELS HOTEL
I have recently discovered that Parramatta Council is set to approve
an 18 story hotel at the Parramatta Leagues Club site.
This concerns me greatly:
* the proposed height is inappropriate and will jeopardise vistas from
our beautiful World Heritage listed Parramatta Park and Old Government
House. The Visual Impact Analysis identifies the impact this proposal
will have on the Female Factory/Cumberland Hospital site. This is
unacceptable. Parramatta, on the whole, is a very historical city,
especially the northern end of Parramatta with Prince Alfred Park,
Parramatta Female Factory and the many heritage churches, pubs and
houses dotted through our streets. When I drive through Parramatta
now, I see high rise after high rise. We are losing our skyline and
this city is becoming a 'high rise hovel'. This building, if approved,
will become yet another scar on the skyline of, not only our city, but
the one place in Parramatta where we can (mostly) shut out the
ever-developing city around us and take respite in nature.
* I am a regular visitor to Parramatta Park and currently obtain
access from the northern end around Parramatta Leagues club. I now
fear this may access will be restricted, not only due to this
development but to the development of the whole Parramatta Stadium
complex. It appears that Parramatta Council is not valuing the
residents (rate payers) who live in this area.
I believe there are numerous other factors that have failed to be
considered, such as:
* this proposal will also jeopardise any potential World Heritage
Listing for, and the potential of extending the heritage precinct
further.
* the proposal makes a number of assumptions that are incorrect. This
includes heights for the neighbouring heritage precincts, such as
Fleet Street, and the former Cumberland Hospital site. While a master
planning process has been underway for these precincts, recent
announcements may see a reduction in the proposed height controls.
* the application seeks to justify the height increase by comparing
the height (RL 75m - actual 66m) with the new Western Sydney Stadium,
and Urban Growth's plans for North Parramatta. This is misguided,
given the government has announced that the planning controls are
being reviewed for the purpose of considering the expansion of the
University of Sydney's campus at Westmead and withdrawal of the
previous DA.
* A Design Excellence Strategy is required to be prepared in
consultation with the Government Architect NSW. However, the report by
the Design Review Panel fails to adequately respond to matters
pertaining to clause 7.10(4), which significance is reinforced in
case, The Uniting Church vs Parramatta City Council [2018] NSWLEC 158,
specifically
* the application indicates `significant consultation' has taken place
with the Park's Trust. In addition, a 'representative' needs to be
appointed as an observer on the Design Review Panel for the project'.
However, the involvement of a representative from the Trust, should
not justify the departure from the application meeting the
requirements under local planning controls. (PLEP). Further, I am
concerned about what appears to be a perceived conflict of interest
given the Chair's previous association with the Wanderers, and current
role as Chairperson for the Manly Sea Eagles.
* the pre-lodgement community consultation process did not meet the
requirements set out in the SEARs; i.e. there was no consultation with
the major community group in the area or local residents.

Please keep me informed about this application.

Latest posts