What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 26th Match: Australia v Bangladesh - Nottingham 20/6/19 (Aust won by 48 runs)

Eelectrica

Referee
Should be enough, Bangladesh will give it their best shot. The way they ran down the Windies 320 they'll feel like they can do it.

Especially given our bowling outside of Starc and Cummins.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Stoinis getting his Yorkers bang on, overs of 3 and 4 runs then Finchy takes him off !!!!! Cummins comes on and bowls 3 wides, Zampa gets tonked

Bangers need 82 from 29

TheParraboy

Staff member
Aust win by 48 runs

Bangers did well, at the 40 over mark they were almost on par with what Australia were

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Our bowling is not good enough for us to win a WC, unless Starc goes full Wasim and Cummins full Malcom Marshall.

Eelectrica

Referee
We're in the finals at least now. Ok yes, Bangladesh could still catch us, but they've still got a game against India so that's not happening.

Not sure that we can win the thing either. I guess our bowling attack will get a true test on Tuesday unless rain intervene's which I kind of hope it doesn't.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Our bowling is not good enough for us to win a WC, unless Starc goes full Wasim and Cummins full Malcom Marshall.

I agree, we are a bits and pieces bowling attack, really missing Haze although he is over there in the Aust A team. We have the cattle but they wont select our best bowling attack.

Good to see the Bangers have improved so much and playing consistently good cricket.

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't necessarily think that our attack isn't good enough. Any attack with Starc and Cummins is good enough IMO.

We saw in 2015 that if you make a final, all it might take is one big wicket to set you on the path. Granted that attack was better but the basic idea is the same. Starc or Cummins rips out a Buttler or a Kohli cheap at the right time and it's on.

Gotta make it to that stage first though

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think our attack is ok too. Credit to Bangers their batting is right up there, especially on flat decks

Starc and Cummins were good, other than one terrible Cummins over. NCN and Stoinis solid. A spinner is a worry, but then again no side is safe with a spinless deck eg. see Rashid Khans last match

As long as our batsman deliver like they did in this game we can beat any side, but that's the trick, delivering on a batting belter which is what we will mostly have from now on, we have been known to be 40-50 runs short and that wont be good enough in the top 4.

Was impressed with Stoinis , Bangers with 2 set batsmen tonking away he delivered 2 overs for 7 runs in his 2nd last spell. At a time Banger needed to keep the momentum going, perfect yorkers they just couldnt get him away. Wish Finchy would have kept him on, but we got there in the end.