What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave Taylor

betcats

Referee
I still remember when he ran over a young Anthony Milford to score then threw the ball at his head cause hes so tough.

Guy was a victim of his own talent, similar to Bryce cartwright. They can do all kinds of freakish things on the field but they cant show up and run hard tackle hard consistently.

King hit

Coach
So many aspiring players dream to play in the NRL and this bloke gets a free ride and just f**ked around and didn’t even try.

Canard

Immortal
Quite a few LU members used to get salty when I called him Carl Webb II early in his career

nick87

Coach
He turned a couple of games for the raiders in his short stint there. Owen Craigie level talent, a shame he couldnt parlay that into a better career.

BranVan3000

Coach
I still remember when he ran over a young Anthony Milford to score then threw the ball at his head cause hes so tough.

Guy was a victim of his own talent, similar to Bryce cartwright. They can do all kinds of freakish things on the field but they cant show up and run hard tackle hard consistently.
Yeah but if you had the chance to throw a football at Milford’s head would you miss that opportunity?

Dave Taylor was always good in important moments like that

Meth

Staff member
I still remember when he ran over a young Anthony Milford to score then threw the ball at his head cause hes so tough..

Yeah, that's what I'll remember him for too. He was serial at it.

DeeJ

Bench
He was good to watch for those 8 games at the end of the season playing centre for Brisbane.

davi

Juniors
Neil Henry application for the Titans job was he had a plan and it was to build the team around Dave Taylor. It may seem funny now, but Taylor had the talent to be built around but lacked the desire to be a leader on the team. He had the perfect opportunity when he went to the Titans to be the focal point but failed to live up to it.

Taylor did make rep teams though suggesting he failed to touch on any of his potential like Owen Craggie or Anthony Watts maybe a tad unfair. But no doubt he could have been so much more. I've seen Taylor in interviews though and he seems like a mild mannered person and a gentlemen so I don't wanna bag him too much. Good luck to him.

BadnMean

Juniors
He was good fun to watch for that little cameo at the Raiders.

He just never seemed capable of keeping his head straight for more than 3-4 months at a time.

Hope he has a good life after footy.

Jankuloski

Juniors
Hmm.. come to think of it.. was Dave Taylor the turning point for Titans - they were struggling up until then, and it all went downhill since then?