What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This World Cup

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
For cricket purposes they kinda are. Ireland cricket is an all of Ireland team, meaning Northern Ireland is included.
I'll leave it to you tell the people of Ireland that.

I'd love Ireland to be at the world cup but the fact is they had a chance to qualify and didn't make it.

Mr Spock!

Referee
The last thing we need is more minnows. It’s a shame about the weather which you can’t control being an outdoor sport, but this WC is good as every game has meaning and teams can’t rest players
Bs.

Every World Cup has had minnows.

Lol most games don't have any meaning actually until we start getting closer to the finals. Australia lost - so what?

They've got another 6 games to play.

That's why hardly anyones excited.

I'll leave it to you tell the people of Ireland that.

I'd love Ireland to be at the world cup but the fact is they had a chance to qualify and didn't make it.

I’m only saying “kind of”

Northern Ireland is undoubtedly in the UK.

But I do think a 10 team World Cup is too small.

Iafeta

Referee
Lol that email to Michael Holding is a disgrace. That chap who sent that should be sacked immediately without fail.

The broadcasters job is to impartially provide colour to the event. To say the umpires are beyond criticism is an utter farce. Chris Gaffeneys performance was horrific and the right thing to do is to highlight it. The ICC should be discussing the performance issues with the umpire rather than try to shut down someone speaking the cold hard objective truth about an appalling exhibition of umpiring.

Timbo

Staff member
So we know that the format of this tournament was changed because Star Sports wanted more Indian team content.

India's game last night was abandoned, and heavy rain is forecast for the cities their next two games are in on the days of the matches.

Fair to say this is the last time England will ever be allowed to host the World Cup.

JJ

Immortal
Lol that email to Michael Holding is a disgrace. That chap who sent that should be sacked immediately without fail.

The broadcasters job is to impartially provide colour to the event. To say the umpires are beyond criticism is an utter farce. Chris Gaffeneys performance was horrific and the right thing to do is to highlight it. The ICC should be discussing the performance issues with the umpire rather than try to shut down someone speaking the cold hard objective truth about an appalling exhibition of umpiring.

Both were horrific, not just Gaffeney...

Front-Rower

First Grade
This World Cup is crying out for a Ireland V Afghanistan or Zimbabwe Vs UAE

The next WC, at a minimum, must include all test playing nations

Pommy

Coach
What do Antipodeans think of the stadiums at this World Cup? Places like the MCG are awesome when packed out but a little lacking if the crowd isn’t there.

ram raid

Bench
I've decided to become a traitor and cheer against Australia. It makes me feel like a bit of a badass.

JJ

Immortal
What do Antipodeans think of the stadiums at this World Cup? Places like the MCG are awesome when packed out but a little lacking if the crowd isn’t there.
As a Kiwi I love the more traditional grounds, but I love the UK as a country so am biased - loving everything except the absence of developing countries and that the games are literally on in the middle of the night here

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So with 19 matches to go in the Group stage the semi finalists are pretty much locked in unless upsets galore happen.

Good to see a reduction in non competitive matches team f**king India

Lock in that top 4. Just a question of who plays who, really.

If we win every game, and England beat India. We’ll finish top of the table.

Well might’ve spoke too soon.

The SL win over England changes things a little.

England on 8 points have to play Australia, NZ & India.

SL on 6 points have to play South Africa, WI & India

But SL’s NRR is so bad that they need more points than England.

Also worth noting; Sri Lanka’s two wash outs against Bangladesh & Pakistan. Ouch.

Latest posts