What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

T.S Quint

Coach
That’s correct. I was wondering what you thought about green toilet demons that go on treasure hunting adventures to a Cyndi Lauper soundtrack.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Interesting that this year in the Matts we went into the competition with close to no imports, Kylan Mafoa and Myles Martin the only 2 from what I can remember. Going into next year we've already signed 2 imports in Cody Parry and now Kooper Diment along with Myles Martin still eligible.
It looks like the Roosters (or anybody) don't start serious poaching prior to SG Ball.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
4 years? Is that normal? How old is this jnr merkin?
Used to be pretty normal to sign them up until the end of NYC. I assume now that's the end of Flegg.

But how binding is a contract signed by a minor? Plenty of these contracts are broken by kids offered more money by other clubs around their 18th birthday.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Used to be pretty normal to sign them up until the end of NYC. I assume now that's the end of Flegg.

But how binding is a contract signed by a minor? Plenty of these contracts are broken by kids offered more money by other clubs around their 18th birthday.
That’s assuming they all have contracts sorted until they’re 20. If their parents or legal guardian have signed the contract, they’re getting paid and there’s no get out clauses (maybe there are???), I don’t think it’s as simple as what you’re suggesting.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's not simple, which is why clubs still try to get minors to commit to contracts, but it is a lot easier breaking an unfavourable contract at 17 than it is at 18.

Latest posts