What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Travitoh

First Grade
At this stage we are not getting value from george and he is pushing for more money,when we needed him to aim up last week he concocted a virus so he didnt play,everytime he gets the ball we have our hearts in our hands thinking he will drop the ball,he is probbly worth 400 not 600k if he accepts that its fine resign him otherwise,arivadeci!

I agree that we aren't getting value from him but to claim he faked a sickie is a bit OTT. Wasn't he admitted to hospital with a virus?

handyman2190

Bench
I agree that we aren't getting value from him but to claim he faked a sickie is a bit OTT. Wasn't he admitted to hospital with a virus?
Probably but it sounded good, still he let us down when we needed him,it was an oportunity to show his worth,murray was sick, he played, you shift heaven and earth to put that jersey on wouldnt you? I would.

Travitoh

First Grade
Probably but it sounded good, still he let us down when we needed him,it was an oportunity to show his worth,murray was sick, he played, you shift heaven and earth to put that jersey on wouldnt you? I would.

I wouldn't shift heaven and earth to get to work if i was hospitalised with a virus, so why should we expect a professional footballer to?

250excf

Juniors
Someone has obviously never been sick as a dog I agree he is not giving great value but when your really sick you can’t play that’s just the stupidest comment ever
Oh ok I’m shitting and spewing everywhere and will infect the whole team let alone shit my pants but good old tough guy Handyman would play grow up dumb n dumber :joy::joy::joy:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Not really I’m fine with him leaving but the reason banded about has been salary cap constraints.
Yet here we are trying to sign another top English prop in his place. Perhaps his wages will be less than George’s but perhaps George can’t command the same contract this time around either.

Yeah i agree that George would not be happy but I also think George has been playing for a couple of years now and hasn’t been earning what he’s probably getting. I like the Burgess boys and the ideal situation would be for us to keep them all together but with teams like the Eels prepared to throw big dollars on him it seems pretty unrealistic. After seeing Bateman play for Canberra this year I would take Thompson in a heartbeat.

handyman2190

Bench
I wouldn't shift heaven and earth to get to work if i was hospitalised with a virus, so why should we expect a professional footballer to?
I dont know, if i made as much as they did for 7 months of the year and i was playing for a new and upgraded contract, to show that i deserved it, i would, to show my mettle and tenacity. Is that a good reason?

callmack1

Staff member
George is certainly underperforming for us. Has been since 2015. He showed great signs last year but that form hasn't been there in 2019. Still, I will back him to get back into form by the end of this year, he has half a Season to earn a contract.

The Mole - Wayne Bennett's secret mission to sign England Test star Luke Thompson: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...-mission/2894df14-e4e1-4be6-b52d-217ec213ac1c

Lurker reporting it too and there is talk Richo is over there with Wayne.

What a signing this would be if it happened. I've only seen him play for England in Tests but he has impressed me. Highly rated too!

Travitoh

First Grade
I dont know, if i made as much as they did for 7 months of the year and i was playing for a new and upgraded contract, to show that i deserved it, i would, to show my mettle and tenacity. Is that a good reason?

7 months? Souths were back in training by December.
Take the emotion of being a supporter out of it and you realise that football today is a job first and game second for these guys.

ThingFish

Juniors
George is certainly underperforming for us. Has been since 2015. He showed great signs last year but that form hasn't been there in 2019. Still, I will back him to get back into form by the end of this year, he has half a Season to earn a contract.

The Mole - Wayne Bennett's secret mission to sign England Test star Luke Thompson: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...-mission/2894df14-e4e1-4be6-b52d-217ec213ac1c

Lurker reporting it too and there is talk Richo is over there with Wayne.

What a signing this would be if it happened. I've only seen him play for England in Tests but he has impressed me. Highly rated too!
B864039B-7CAE-455E-87AE-4FD49A43130F.jpeg Richo is definitely over there. Making speaking engagements with London Broncos.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Off topic but Junior Tatola has the same manager as Robert Jennings. Resigning him might not be as easy as first thought. Hopefully he is happy and he just wants to stay at Souths.

callmack1

Staff member
Yep, Lurker is reporting it's just a matter of signing the paperwork now for Su'a. Make of that what you will.

I'd love to have Su'a at the club! Kind of wanted him ever since the rumours last year as I think he is one of the best young forwards coming through in the game.

handyman2190

Bench
Yep, Lurker is reporting it's just a matter of signing the paperwork now for Su'a. Make of that what you will.

I'd love to have Su'a at the club! Kind of wanted him ever since the rumours last year as I think he is one of the best young forwards coming through in the game.
Seibold dosent think so,he is doing his best to get rid of any pro bennett players to our benefit

Pommy

Coach
I agree but from Tatola's POV, his worth between now and season's end could spike. It's likely that he (led by his agent) will hold out for now imo.

I mean I don’t even think you can blame that on his agent. Anyone with half a brain would wait out

Latest posts