What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 27th Match: England v Sri Lanka - Leeds 21/6/19 (SL won by 20 runs)

TheParraboy

Staff member
I wouldn't be too worried if I was a pommie fan ...just yet, its only preliminary rounds and unlikely these kind of decks will appear in the semis or final

Cat among the pigeons if Australia beats them next game and Bangers beat Afghanistan and SL beats SA in their matches. Poms will then still have to beat possibly both India and NZ to make sure they make it through

in anycase,
LOL @ poms

Eelectrica

Referee
I wouldn't be too worried if I was a pommie fan ...just yet, its only preliminary rounds and unlikely these kind of decks will appear in the semis or final
in anycase,
LOL @ poms

True. It does open up the real possibility of an India V England Semi though which is pretty much the last thing England would want. Not making the final would have to be considered a failure for England considering the build up.

First Pakistan, now Sri Lanka, they're not having much luck against teams from that part of the world.

TheFrog

Coach
England have 8 points and have the 3 top sides left to play. The Bangbangs have 5 points, Afghanistan next, then India and finally Pakistan. I wouldn't put it past India letting BD win.

wittyfan

Referee
The Rest Of The World XI are looking a bit wobbly now, I think Bangladesh will end up getting the last semis spot!

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Where have Sri Lanka been hiding this bloke??? He's batting like Ricky Ponting circa 2005.

Fernando had an amazing Sri Lankan domestic season. He then scored 74 against Scotland in the warm up game but for some stupid reason they kept picking Thirimanne ahead of him!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Fernando had an amazing Sri Lankan domestic season. He then scored 74 against Scotland in the warm up game but for some stupid reason they kept picking Thirimanne ahead of him!
He looks a real talent, hopefully he isn’t left out again.