What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Spot On

Coach
Isn't Brailey here to play 80 mins??? If so, are we to assume Watson will not play dummy half but fill in elsewhere?

Zoidberg

First Grade
It’s kinda nice to have options with good players. But I feel a bit guilty if we don’t give Watson a decent role.

I guess I’m so happy with our form at the moment I don’t want to change a thing and I want all our players putting in to be rewarded.

Burwood

Bench
Isn't Brailey here to play 80 mins??? If so, are we to assume Watson will not play dummy half but fill in elsewhere?

Watson had 43 tackles at 98% efficiency last night. If he keeps defending like that, I'd be shifting a player like Barnett, Guerra or Glasby into the front row around the 25-30 minute mark and letting Watson create havoc for 40 or so minutes each match. He can support around the ruck, chime in at hooker- whatever he wants to do to make an impact.

Yosh

Coach
Is the new kid better than Watson? I'd say Watson is up there with the form hookers in the comp at the moment. And is only going to get better.

Baz Toohey reporting that Brailey is likely to be here next year, and Levi won’t
The only thing I have against Levi is this on/off thing with him. I reckon he'd be in off mode again if/when Griffin gets back.
I'm wondering if we are looking at Mann as a long term 5/8 with Watson at bench utility.
Watson is doing great.
Geez, we pick up a lot of players who can't make first grade full time where they are - it's working out so far.
Someone put up Watson wearing a Blues Jersey on FB and I thought 'he's not up to it yet' but he deadset had the best of Cook this week.

Swarzey

Bench
Pass. His regression has been incredible to watch. Not too many players have gone so far backwards in such a short space of time. Maybe taking him out of Penrith will see him rediscover that amazing form he had for the last two years but that's not a risk the club needs to take.

Yosh

Coach
If he comes cheap and is coming to prove a point he would be amazing. RCG, Klemmer and DSafiti would give the Burgess boys a run for their money.

Swarzey

Bench
No way he comes here cheap. A player who within the last year played Origin and Test football won't lower their price whether or not they deserve it. He'll test his value on the market as such and 100% there's some club willing to sign him on the risk that he'll never return to even decent form.

PhilGould

Bench
Levi's manager admits it's in both parties best interests for him to leave next season and says there's interest from 2 Sydney teams. That's it for recruitment news.

Frederick

Staff member
Exciting back Starford To’a awarded new deal
Author
Newcastle Knights
Timestamp
Mon 24 Jun 2019, 05:18 PM
Share on social media
Starford To’a has inked a new deal with the nib Newcastle Knights.

An exciting prospect with versatility, the Australian Schoolboys representative moves onto a development contract for 2019 before joining the fulltime squad from 2020.

The new deal will see him join the top 30 roster until the end of the 2021 season.

Sidelined with a wrist injury, Knights coach Nathan Brown said that the outside back has shown great commitment to his recovery and it is this work ethic which has helped him secure the reward of an upgraded contract.

screen-shot-2019-06-24-at-5.10.39-pm.png

“He’s a very talented young player who we all have high hopes for,” Brown said.

“He’s used his injury to his advantage by getting through a lot of hard training.

“We’re looking forward to seeing what he can do in the future.”

A fullback, centre or winger, To’a has speed and dazzling footwork.

screen-shot-2019-06-24-at-5.12.28-pm.png

An Auckland native, To’a joined the NRL squad for pre-season training where impressed and earned a taste of first grade in the Club’s final 2019 trial game against Cronulla.

To’a scored a magnificent solo try with his first use of the ball.

Player List Manager Troy Pezet said; “Starford has progressed through our lower grades at a rapid rate.

“We are looking forward to the coming seasons and helping him develop.”

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2019/06/24/exciting-back-starford-toa-awarded-new-deal/

Latest posts