What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Origin II - Sun 23 Jun - NSW 38-6 QLD @ Perth

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The unknown

Juniors
The blissful ignorance of the blues is lol worthy. You were gifted this game through 6 successive penalties ensuring you could build enough possession and convert it into points. Anything after the fact is redundant.

The series is nothing more than a contrived result in order to raise revenue for the next televised rights.

So this is what peak geniusation looks like

a 38-6 scoreline

But but but the refs!!

Reflector

Juniors
tenor.gif

ReddFelon

Juniors
My photos are too large to attach but one of the best events I've been to. Was great sitting in a nice Blues enclave on the halfway line, close enough to hear Queenslanders rage quit partway through the second half but far away enough that they couldn't touch me with their 7 finger hands.

This Year?

Immortal
Just finished watching the massacre and I cannot wipe the smile or the egg off my face, I thought we were still too light on props heading into the game and that would be where it would be lost. When QLD came onto the field the boos must have shocked them because Perth is in QLD right?

From the 1st tackle NSW forwards were in beast mode, with Jake T being everywhere, I don't why this NSW pack can't play with that aggression every game. Finucane was excellent in his debut and Saifiti played well too. That was Friz's best game in a long time and I thought Vaughan and Sims were average. Even Cordner made some good carries. QLD's forwards were poor and it felt like there was no leadership to try and wrestle back the momentum NSW got early in the game.

After Cleary went off NSW cut loose and hammered their advantage for the rest of the game Maloney was great steering the side around while Graham worked his magic taking him back to his younger days. How great was it to see the outside backs get ball with space? Tommy T and Teddy were dogs off a leash in a park and boy was it fun to watch. QLD's backs had no answers and looked confused.

QLD had an off night and they will bounce back in game 3, just like NSW did tonight. With NSW losing so many series in the last decade,it feels like this series has come alive again which will hopefully bring an epic game to Sydney.

aqua_duck

Coach
Just finished watching the massacre and I cannot wipe the smile or the egg off my face, I thought we were still too light on props heading into the game and that would be where it would be lost. When QLD came onto the field the boos must have shocked them because Perth is in QLD right?

From the 1st tackle NSW forwards were in beast mode, with Jake T being everywhere, I don't why this NSW pack can't play with that aggression every game. Finucane was excellent in his debut and Saifiti played well too. That was Friz's best game in a long time and I thought Vaughan and Sims were average. Even Cordner made some good carries. QLD's forwards were poor and it felt like there was no leadership to try and wrestle back the momentum NSW got early in the game.

After Cleary went off NSW cut loose and hammered their advantage for the rest of the game Maloney was great steering the side around while Graham worked his magic taking him back to his younger days. How great was it to see the outside backs get ball with space? Tommy T and Teddy were dogs off a leash in a park and boy was it fun to watch. QLD's backs had no answers and looked confused.

QLD had an off night and they will bounce back in game 3, just like NSW did tonight. With NSW losing so many series in the last decade,it feels like this series has come alive again which will hopefully bring an epic game to Sydney.
I thought Vaughan was good off the bench, 120m for the stallion tonight. I think with Klemmer out it really forced the rest of the pack to step up, I thought some of Cordner's runs inside his own half were sensational and really bent the line, Saifiti did what was expected of him and Jake Turbo was sensational.

OldPanther

Coach
Gus loves talking after the fact

Like last week when he said he discovered John Bateman at 19 and told everyone he’d be a great NRL player. Or tonight when he told us that he’s always said Jack Wighton is a left center. I don’t know who he says these things too, cause it’s not the public, he only tells us after the fact.

To be fair he has been saying Wighton would be a good origin centre the last couple of years.

big hit!

Bench
QLD lost this match when Kevvie selected Glasby and Wallace. At very least, Kevvie should’ve made a change to the starting line up and started one of them so the two plods weren’t on the field together. NSW dominated once they came on.

Seriously, Matt Scott without limbs would be better than the 2 of them combined

Welch will get a jersey for Game 3.

Nerd

Bench
Let's pretend for a minute this is a serious comment from someone trying to explain how the Maroons were so outplayed and not a huge troll attempt.

They got 5 "successive" penalties, not 6.

But NSW were up by 14 points before they even over took QLD in the penalty count. They finished with 1 more penalty (and that doesn't count the "penalty" try which doesn't count as a penalty in the stats). So possession was hardly down to a lopsided penalty count.

If you talk about "successive" like it is some mystical quality, QLD got 3 "successive" penalties, NSW then got some tries and 2 "successive" ones, then there was the half time break. So if that mighty 2 in a row gave them the momentum before half time to lead 3 tries to 1, QLD should have had the momentum from 3 in a row to be up by 20.

After the break NSW got 3 in a row, true, though two were blatant off the ball incidents that had to be penalised. The only try they got in this "successive" run they scored from their own half. Then QLD got a run of a few in a row also, and surely they should have been able to even the game being "gifted" so much possession.

The most damning stat was the metres run. NSW ran nearly twice as far as QLD. Not sure how that was gifted to NSW, but if it was, you might want to look at some of those QLD players handing out those gifts.

I share your disdain for the series. It is really just about TV rights and is in my opinion, way over inflated compared to the regular NRL season. But I'd hardly say the run of QLD teams over the last decade were a contrived result for ratings. If you think they were, more power to you.
To be fair the last 3 penalties or half of what QLD received were after the 60 minute mark when they were down by 24+ points and the game was over and were an obvious square up by the ref so the penalty count wouldn't look too lopsided. They also do this in regular NRL games but rarely get called out for it.