What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Maroons 2019

Big Pete

Referee
Game II
New South Wales 38 def. Queensland 6 (Will Chambers penalty try, Kalyn Ponga 1/1 goal)

It was an awful performance from Queensland. They were out-played in every facet and lost their way in the second half. No doubt the Blues will go into Game III as heavy favourites as they have a chance to win back-to-back series for the first time since 2005. Queensland suffered some heavy defeats in those series: Game II 2003 (27-4), Game III 2004 (36-14) and Game III 2005 (32-10) but their 38-6 point loss tonight trumps them all and is the worst defeat I've seen since the disasterous Game III 2000 game where Queensland lost 56-16.

Queensland typically followed those performances up with a host of changes, but the cupboard appears fairly bare at this point. You would have to think Christian Welch will come straight in for Jarrod Wallace who blew his opportunity at redemption. Joe Ofahengaue may replace Tim Glasby who appeared to pick up an injury but options are looking limited.

One player I would like to see receive an opportunity is Kyle Feldt from the Cowboys. It's just a matter of how you go about getting him in the side. Feldt normally plays on the right hand side for the Cowboys, which presents a problem because Gagai has been one of the Maroons best in that position since his debut in 2015. Maybe Gagai could shift into the centres, but his defence has been a massive concern and I'm unsure if the Maroons would be willing to take that risk. Personally it's a move I'd make but I can understand the other side of the debate.

Tough couple of weeks coming up ahead as the Maroons do some soul searching. Kevie's coaching career in the Maroons hangs in the balance as he has to win a decider inside enemy territory.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I have always thought that pencil-necked DCE is overpaid and over rated, but my Manly supporting mate thinks it’s just my anti Manly bias at work..,

Who is right?

ram raid

Bench
I have always thought that pencil-necked DCE is overpaid and over rated, but my Manly supporting mate thinks it’s just my anti Manly bias at work..,

Who is right?

Maybe overpaid, over-rated I don't think so. I've never got the sense was rated that much at all. Now it feels like he's rated about right.

Spot On

Coach
Game II
New South Wales 38 def. Queensland 6 (Will Chambers penalty try, Kalyn Ponga 1/1 goal)

It was an awful performance from Queensland. They were out-played in every facet and lost their way in the second half. No doubt the Blues will go into Game III as heavy favourites as they have a chance to win back-to-back series for the first time since 2005. Queensland suffered some heavy defeats in those series: Game II 2003 (27-4), Game III 2004 (36-14) and Game III 2005 (32-10) but their 38-6 point loss tonight trumps them all and is the worst defeat I've seen since the disasterous Game III 2000 game where Queensland lost 56-16.

Queensland typically followed those performances up with a host of changes, but the cupboard appears fairly bare at this point. You would have to think Christian Welch will come straight in for Jarrod Wallace who blew his opportunity at redemption. Joe Ofahengaue may replace Tim Glasby who appeared to pick up an injury but options are looking limited.

One player I would like to see receive an opportunity is Kyle Feldt from the Cowboys. It's just a matter of how you go about getting him in the side. Feldt normally plays on the right hand side for the Cowboys, which presents a problem because Gagai has been one of the Maroons best in that position since his debut in 2015. Maybe Gagai could shift into the centres, but his defence has been a massive concern and I'm unsure if the Maroons would be willing to take that risk. Personally it's a move I'd make but I can understand the other side of the debate.

Tough couple of weeks coming up ahead as the Maroons do some soul searching. Kevie's coaching career in the Maroons hangs in the balance as he has to win a decider inside enemy territory.

Gagai is one of the worst defenders in the NRL at centre hence the reason Wayne has flcked him and replaced him with another poor (although slightly better) defender in Roberts but who has another skill Dane lacks at NRL level - try scoring.

Why can't people see this?

He and Chambers were carved up tonight. That seems to happen every time an Origin game is played away from Suncorp.

Big Pete

Referee
Gagai is one of the worst defenders in the NRL at centre hence the reason Wayne has flcked him.

Why can't people see this?

He and Chambers were carved up tonight. That seems to happen every time an Origin game is played away from Suncorp.

I don't think it's a secret, but Chambers has been ineffective ever since 2017. If shifting Gagai to the centres means bringing in a more potent option, it's worth considering.

SBD82

Coach
I’m surprised that Korbin Sims hasn’t come into discussions. I know he’s not highly rated but surely he’s an improvement on Wallace.

Spot On

Coach
I don't think it's a secret, but Chambers has been ineffective ever since 2017. If shifting Gagai to the centres means bringing in a more potent option, it's worth considering.

They are both balls defensively. You may solve the problem sacking both.

Spot On

Coach
I’m surprised that Korbin Sims hasn’t come into discussions. I know he’s not highly rated but surely he’s an improvement on Wallace.

The fear would be the same as NSW has for Tariq - the brain snap - which happens often.

Plus the fact QLD do not shaft their own, always stick solid, are loyal ... and all that jazz.

Will be interesting to see the fallout should they lose 2 series in a row.

lockyno1

Post Whore

Playing with 16 is better than picking Wallace...but Korbin Sims isn't the answer.

Spot On

Coach
Fair enough.

Who would you have on the right edge for Queensland?

Grab two turnstiles from Woolies and see if that stiffens up the right side 'd'.

Can't be any worse.

Give Felt a crack on the wing, flick Gagai and tell that big mouth Chambers he'll be holidaying with his mate Latrell for good should he fail to fire again.

Big Pete

Referee
Not a whole lot to be said about the Queensland presser. Kev thought the Maroons were shit and even the opening kick off was shit.

No word on Glasby just yet. Napa could have played in the second half, but Kevie chose to keep him on the bench since the Maroons were chasing points.

typicalfan

Coach
Luckily for Qld, series aren't decided on for and against or tries scored, just winning two games.

Qld missed Arrow more than NSW missed Klemmer. Metres are easier to make up for than defensive integrity and general intensity which Arrow brings in spades that few other players do.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Give Felt a crack on the wing, flick Gagai and tell that big mouth Chambers he'll be holidaying with his mate Latrell for good should he fail to fire again.

You and I probably get more enjoyment out of seeing Lady Gagaga getting dropped than a NSW series victory LOL.

I’m not sure QLD can keep Chambers in the team who missed 8 tackles last night and then dropped Lady Gaga who missed 2 tackles.

I’m also not sure QLD can dropped their best player since 2015 who had a poor game after going into camp with an illness.

We can only pray though Spot On!!
We don’t care if QLD wins as long as that fraud gets dropped LOL

WepnutV

Juniors
You and I probably get more enjoyment out of seeing Lady Gagaga getting dropped than a NSW series victory LOL.

I’m not sure QLD can keep Chambers in the team who missed 8 tackles last night and then dropped Lady Gaga who missed 2 tackles.

I’m also not sure QLD can dropped their best player since 2015 who had a poor game after going into camp with an illness.

We can only pray though Spot On!!
We don’t care if QLD wins as long as that fraud gets dropped LOL
Qld are done for.. it's going to be years before they win another series

Latest posts