What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

jaseg

Juniors
Dogs also just shouldn't have recruited CHN... they already had Jackson, Martin & RFM as their 1, 2 and 3 edge forwards... all of whom are 80 minute guys, plus Chris Smith & Adam Elliott as options on the edge beyond that. Now they've signed Stimson for next year, so I imagine they're trying to clear multiple spots + the cap space.

I'd prefer CHN, but would take RFM.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Dogs also just shouldn't have recruited CHN... they already had Jackson, Martin & RFM as their 1, 2 and 3 edge forwards... all of whom are 80 minute guys, plus Chris Smith & Adam Elliott as options on the edge beyond that. Now they've signed Stimson for next year, so I imagine they're trying to clear multiple spots + the cap space.

I'd prefer CHN, but would take RFM.
Sounds like Pay has a back rower fetish

BLN2

Juniors
Back rower/Lock, 20 year old (just turned) NSW U/16, 18 and 20's rep. Apparently highly rated, played a game of the bench this season and has been groomed in ISP since last season.

Will be interesting to see where he fits in, I think we all like the mix of Aussie and Kiwi youngsters in our wider squad, Frei, Keighran, Lawton now Curran (could probably say Herbert too, being through the Aussie system).

Hopefully he's being recruited to play second row, we've got enough bloody lock/props..

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Lawton and Burr haven't been too bad. I dont know why we recruited Keighran if Kearney wasnt willing to persist with him like he did Kata. Hope he's good.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
I find it interesting...even if you take out Adam Blair at the end of next year, and hopefully piss Papalli off, this guy still isn't the kind of guy I feel that we would be looking for.
Imo Burr has been great this year and I would be happy to hold on to him for the next few years.
So with Burr and Tohu, maybe you'd be looking at a ball playing or whole running edge forward.
I'd chuck 400k at Nikora I rekon, that would be a good back row

Rich102

Staff member
Yeah; but you haven't allowed for the potato factor.
Tevaga on after 20, and on, and on.

jaseg

Juniors
Grant was already on their books, and probably starter quality already, too.

I said it a year or two ago... Storm did a great job of compiling top talents (depth) and letting them compete to replace the spine players. Helps that they have 2 reserve grade affiliate teams, letting them spread out the talent and getting them plenty of game time (can we have a 2nd reserve grade team and play them in QCup? or more likely/easier, strike up an affiliation with an existing QCup team - there are plenty, and they have to share the affiliate players among a lot of clubs as it is).

It is an odd one, but I'm guessing it's more a reward for his development and form throughout the season so far than actual perceived need going forward for the year. Also, with B.Smith playing lock, elevating Grant isn't just a 3rd hooker option, but effectively extra cover for the forwards.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Harry Grant is a great player, but unlike Smith he's not capable of playing anywhere but hooker.

We've seen the Storm stock talent and move them around in an attempt to fit them all in before. Would hate to see Smith waste his talents at lock because he's more versatile.

BLN2

Juniors
Hope this isn't true TBH. Can't see why he's getting massive offers in the first place IMO.

Latest posts