What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Maroons 2019

Spot On

Coach
You and I probably get more enjoyment out of seeing Lady Gagaga getting dropped than a NSW series victory LOL.

I’m not sure QLD can keep Chambers in the team who missed 8 tackles last night and then dropped Lady Gaga who missed 2 tackles.

I’m also not sure QLD can dropped their best player since 2015 who had a poor game after going into camp with an illness.

We can only pray though Spot On!!
We don’t care if QLD wins as long as that fraud gets dropped LOL

We saw the difference not having Jai Arrow made to the QLD performance. He is one of their best players.

Replacing Gags won't harm QLD chances of a win. Any winger can fall over the try line and miss tackles.

A sad state of affairs if he is their best player for 4 yrs.
You and I probably get more enjoyment out of seeing Lady Gagaga getting dropped than a NSW series victory LOL.

I’m not sure QLD can keep Chambers in the team who missed 8 tackles last night and then dropped Lady Gaga who missed 2 tackles.

I’m also not sure QLD can dropped their best player since 2015 who had a poor game after going into camp with an illness.

We can only pray though Spot On!!
We don’t care if QLD wins as long as that fraud gets dropped LOL

Missed tackle stats are only truly accurate if you count the tackles a player fails to lay a finger on the ball carrier due to poor reads, lack of speed, out of position etc.

Even swapping the two turnstiles around during the game last night gave the same result.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Unfortunately Spot On, I don’t see QLD dropping their best player from the past 4 series, their only Wally Lewis medal winner, the man of the match from game one.
Lady Gaga made 14 tackles, missed 0 tackles in Game 1.
I just don’t see how they going to drop him.
I just can’t Spot On LOL

Woosh

Head Moderator
If anyone that’ll be dropped it would be Chambers.
He was on notice before the series.
I would be picking Hunt at left centre.
He’s be doing a good job for us at the Knights and he has a combo with Ponga.
I would be shifting Morgan to right centre.
Morgan is more suited to the right.

Vic Mackey

Referee
It might sound ridiculous, but QLD should pick Tom Mikaele on the bench. Would bring some much needed aggression in. I believe he captained the U/18s a few years back so has been in the system.

Big Pete

Referee
It might sound ridiculous, but QLD should pick Tom Mikaele on the bench. Would bring some much needed aggression in. I believe he captained the U/18s a few years back so has been in the system.

Not at all, there's been a few suggesting Francis Molo and Thomas Flegler for the same reason.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Not at all, there's been a few suggesting Francis Molo and Thomas Flegler for the same reason.

There’s aggression and then there’s brain dead, Molo seems to be the later

I haven’t seen a huge amount of Flegler, but he seems to be more of a worker then an impact player

Mikaele has aggression, an offload and very impressive post contact meters. 25 mins from him would be better then another Glasby, Welch, Flegler, Ofanguae etc worker type

Big Pete

Referee
There’s aggression and then there’s brain dead, Molo seems to be the later

Molo has actually been much improved this year. Still not getting through a lot of minutes, but he's cut the crap and his carries have provided plenty of vigor for the Cowboys.

I haven’t seen a huge amount of Flegler, but he seems to be more of a worker then an impact player

It's too early for him, but he's the complete opposite. Still a very inconsistent player, but when he's on his carries are extremely effective and he can put a shot on. His fitness isn't where it needs to be, but he's one to keep an eye on for the future.

Maybe you're getting him mixed up with Carrigan?

That isn't to discount Mikaele either, I'm just pointing out how dire the situation is for Queensland that a player of Mikaele's potential is more than welcome.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
You need a hooker.

I want say no disrespect, and kind of mean it as I think they do their best.

Cameron showed the game is won at 9.

That is all.

Spot On

Coach
If anyone that’ll be dropped it would be Chambers.
He was on notice before the series.
I would be picking Hunt at left centre.
He’s be doing a good job for us at the Knights and he has a combo with Ponga.
I would be shifting Morgan to right centre.
Morgan is more suited to the right.

Why would you have a player you rated as 'trash' playing origin footy?

QLD are already struggling with the centre and winger on their right side, why add to the pain???

It is more than obvious a few players have been made to look well above their ability playing in the QLD side and we see this week in and week out when they play for their club side.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Why would you have a player you rated as 'trash' playing origin footy?

QLD are already struggling with the centre and winger on their right side, why add to the pain???

It is more than obvious a few players have been made to look well above their ability playing in the QLD side and we see this week in and week out when they play for their club side.

Chambers has been QLD worst player the last few series now.
He only gets picked because there are no other options and he plays in a good system in Melbourne.
Surely they can’t continue picking him?!?
Anyone is better than him at this point of time.

BTW you were awfully quiet after game one this year but you came alive all of a sudden.
Who won MOTM in game one again???
Typical Spot On LOL

Spot On

Coach
Chambers has been QLD worst player the last few series now.
He only gets picked because there are no other options and he plays in a good system in Melbourne.
Surely they can’t continue picking him?!?
Anyone is better than him at this point of time.

BTW you were awfully quiet after game one this year but you came alive all of a sudden.
Typical Spot On LOL

Why do you want a player you rated as 'trash' in the QLD team?

Don't you think QLD have 2 of those players on the right side now?

Woosh

Head Moderator
Why do you want a player you rated as 'trash' in the QLD team?

Don't you think QLD have 2 of those players on the right side now?

Chambers has been QLD worst player the last few years and I don’t see them dropping DCE for the decider even though his kicking game was trash.

Typical Spot On LOL

Vic Mackey

Referee
1. Ponga
2. Feldt
3. Munster
4. Seve
5. Oates
6. Norman
7. DCE
8. Papalii
9. Mahoney
10. Welch
11. Gillett
12. Kaufusi
13. McGuire

14. Brimson
15. Ofahengaue
16. Mikaele
17. Fifita

I realize Munster to the centers is a bit left field but he came into grade there and could have a similar effect as Tom Turbo had for NSW. He plays on the left anyway so would play him inside Oates.

Norman straightens the attack and has a better long kicking game.

Seve and Feldt in the right are both good defenders who love doing the hard runs out of their own end.

Brimson over Mbye is a no brainer, then 3 young forwards who will all rip in

Spot On

Coach
Chambers has been QLD worst player the last few years and I don’t see them dropping DCE for the decider even though his kicking game was trash.

Typical Spot On LOL

You are rating a player you clearly stated was 'trash' ahead of Will Chambers???

You do realise the winger outside of Chambers is just as bad, if not worse!

You rate Hunt in front of both of them now???

Woosh

Head Moderator
Spot On you were awfully quiet after game one this year but you are alive all of a sudden.
Typical Spot On LOL