What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Somehow I have huge doubt that this is actually true, but if it is, the lunatics are running the asylum at the Dogs. Locking up a Centre that has shown himself to have an ordinary temperament at best on that much money for that long is just beyond the pale ridiculous. It is another Jarryd Hayne waiting to happen with a lot less upside.

Sonny83

Juniors
Nice work Doggies- force Rorters to pay full freight & at the same time continue your crash & burn madness cap management style by paying peers for a pretty over-rated centre with a cloud of off field issues building.

Lock up your cap into your 3/4 line when you're already in a big hole with unreliable halves, a poor squad all on overs & a misfiring forward pack. Smart.

Kamikaze style

Despite the sheer Lunacy of this by the dogs at least it forces the roosters to offer closer to market value on the cap for one of their players

Uncle nick won’t like been strong armed Luke this

ROFL. People said that when RTS took the big money offer from the NZ Warriors. Remind me again, how many finals games has he played since he's been there? :D

Game_Breaker

Coach
I don’t get it. Dogs have screamed they have no cap room(for another couple of years I’m sure I’ve heard)& now this.
Gary McIntyre must be back on the scene.

We don't
2021 is when we're back to normal

SMH are reporting 5 year $5mil

A bit more feasible. Any mother club I’d suggest good move, but Bulldogs is where players go to stagnate

That's more likely

Hopefully Pay would be gone by then, or Latrell will be playing NSW Cup

Xcalibre

Juniors
11m over 10 years for a centre.

What could go wrong?

This is why the Bulldogs are where they are on the ladder. NFI.

Says the bloke who hails Latrell as the second coming of Jesus.

NQ gave $10m over 10 yrs for JT and most people reckon it was unders, the way he’s played since. That still remains to be seen, but it’s not crazy if the player is as good as you make out.

The reality is, he isn’t that good. Plays amazing 1 out of 4 games and has questionable mental strength.

The 5 yr deal reported sounds great IF he’s as good as you think. Sure the Bulldogs can’t get away with paying under the table these days, like the crooks (auto-correct that is apt) so where your club can have Latrell on the books for $500k, others have to pay full market value.

Pedge1971

First Grade
11m over 10 years for a centre.

What could go wrong?

This is why the Bulldogs are where they are on the ladder. NFI.

A few weeks ago many roosters on here bristled at the fact others said a centre shd not be on huge coin. Now another club is looking to rooster the roosters it is a bit different.

Still got money left over from Freddies contract and a couple of shit rounds from uncle Nick. Up the ante chookies!

Belmore Dude

Juniors
A few weeks ago many roosters on here bristled at the fact others said a centre shd not be on huge coin. Now another club is looking to rooster the roosters it is a bit different.

Still got money left over from Freddies contract and a couple of shit rounds from uncle Nick. Up the ante chookies!
No they didn’t

GongPanther

Referee
Tiger Thompson set to switch to arch rivals Penrith
Adrian Proszenko
3 minutes
Tiger Thompson set to switch to arch rivals Penrith

Wests Tigers fullback Corey Thompson is poised to make a shock switch to Penrith in a move that will further escalate tensions between the clubs.

The Herald can reveal Thompson is set to take up a two-year deal with the Panthers after rejecting the offer made by the joint-venture outfit. The diminutive fullback-winger is one of the most underrated players in the game, but has quickly become a favourite with Tigers fans for his whole-hearted performances.

In a testament to how highly he is rated, coach Michael Maguire named him at fullback for the win against North Queensland despite initially buying captain Moses Mbye to fill the position.

Corey Thompson is set to switch from Wests Tigers to Penrith.Credit:Steven Siewert

It was widely expected Thompson would re-sign with the Tigers, but the former Bulldog is set to take up a late offer from the western rivals. Panthers coach Ivan Cleary is a big fan of the 29-year-old from their time working together at Concord. Cleary convinced Thompson to join him at the foot of the mountains after a series of secret talks.

There is no love lost between the clubs after Cleary left the Tigers for Penrith despite still having two years to run on his contract. Thompson’s deal represents the first time since then that the teams have engaged in a battle for the signature of an incumbent player.

In a recent interview with the Herald, Thompson said he was looking for the security of a two-year deal after signing a series of one-season contracts.

“The first two-year deal I had was at the very start at the Bulldogs,” he said.

“I’m really working hard for a two-year deal. I think it’s a bit hard on the mind, just playing one-year deals, when you are always off contract.

“Last year I was lucky, I re-signed in April so it was pretty much a two-year deal. I just want to work hard and show I’m an asset to the team.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ti...h-to-arch-rivals-penrith-20190619-p51z3b.html

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
In a testament to how highly he is rated, coach Michael Maguire named him at fullback for the win against North Queensland despite initially buying captain Moses Mbye to fill the position.

Madge didn't purchase M'Bye, he arrived last season with Ivan in charge still.

Thompson, To'o and Mansour... That's a gritty back 3

Tiger5150

Bench
I want Thompson to stay, he is the most whole hearted player at the club, but he is not a player I'd get in a bidding war for. His physical limitations restrict him, but there is no doubting his ticker. He looks good at the moment standing out in a bog backline.

Vic Mackey

Referee
It is seemingly a Penrith tradition to talk a player up as the next big thing only to see them moved on silently in the night about 18 months later.

And then claim they were never that good and (insert next young over rated chump) is better anyways

AJB1102

First Grade
Waqa Blake to Parra?

It is seemingly a Penrith tradition to talk a player up as the next big thing only to see them moved on silently in the night about 18 months later.

Weird things happen way out West.

Mate it can't be easy always looking 5 years ahead. Every now and then the reality of today jumps up and nips you in the bum.

Latest posts