What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Perth Red

Post Whore
Love that Peru kit. Simple, iconic, easily recognised. Lets hope they stick with it and make it their own as they grow the sport and their presence. Not sure of the logo though lol.

sempmrh

Juniors
Sharks one was alright, I think it was the same template.
The Cowboys' Super League jersey was actually the only one to have a unique design. All other teams shared a design with at least one other club. The Sharks and Reds jerseys were basically the same.

Saint Doc

Coach
Would love to see a Titans heritage strip in the style of the Charger's 1997 design. Anyone wanna have a crack at it?

This came up once before. I had a crack with zero design skills, just a simple Microsoft Paint job. Would love to see someone who actually has skills have a go!

gc%20titans%20heritage.png

titans%20heritage.png

DeeJ

Bench
Is it a necessity for every international side beside Aus & Eng to feature some tribal design with their jersey?

I can understand the cultural aspect, but I'm willing to bet there are few other other sports have national jerseys with that feature.

kdalymc

Bench
The Cowboys' Super League jersey was actually the only one to have a unique design. All other teams shared a design with at least one other club. The Sharks and Reds jerseys were basically the same.
Canterbury was also unique (although the Aussie team did share it /add a colour)

kdalymc

Bench
Is it a necessity for every international side beside Aus & Eng to feature some tribal design with their jersey?

I can understand the cultural aspect, but I'm willing to bet there are few other other sports have national jerseys with that feature.
What would England have? And the indigenous Union jersey was beautiful. Be good to see some on ours.
And it doesn't take much brains to know why only Australia hasn't..

sempmrh

Juniors
Canterbury was also unique (although the Aussie team did share it /add a colour)
Yeah, I was considering Canterbury and Australia as having the same design coloured differently.

I wonder what the thought process was behind having Super League teams share jersey designs. I know defecting teams couldn’t keep their existing identities but that doesn’t explain why teams like Brisbane and Canberra (for example) had to wear the same thing.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I totally disagree, i think its a great touch that integrated really well into any design.....

ALso, im fairly sure it isnt EVERY team, just the Pacific one.

What would England have? And the indigenous Union jersey was beautiful. Be good to see some on ours.
And it doesn't take much brains to know why only Australia hasn't..

(England could do lord's heraldry)

The most interesting thing is the fact that Australia cannot do anything like this because we have never reconciled our history. Why do you think EVERYONE keeps going back to ANZAC gear. It is the ONLY major historical event that wont cause a huge shitfight.

kdalymc

Bench
the fact that Australia cannot do anything like this because we have never reconciled our history.
Spot on man.
We are an embarrassment internationally when it comes to that stuff.

Re the union jersey. It's one of my favs, sold well, and due to demand they are using it (new version) as a second jersey in the world cup

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Spot on man.
We are an embarrassment internationally when it comes to that stuff.

Re the union jersey. It's one of my favs, sold well, and due to demand they are using it (new version) as a second jersey in the world cup

Not especially. We arent good, but i could name 50 countries with similar issues.....

The difference is that most of these other countries have enough post-colonisation history to pull from that its not so obvious. Australia has an exceptionally short colonial history, and we were effectively isolated from war before WW1 (which was about the same time war stopped being the fun "banners and drums" stuff and became the grim "buried in a collapsed trench" stuff).

Basically, Australia just doesnt have enough fun history to cover the bad bits.....