What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Cricket World Cup 2019

Blair

Coach
Looks like a non starter at the moment.
Possible shortened game as field a bit to wet and not good drying conditions. Player safety comes first.

What a drag. Still, we'll take the one point. Nothing gets a side going in a tournament like a tough win over a team like India though.

Blair

Coach
Rain in Birmingham, delayed start NZ v SA. Game is live and free on Channel 52 (Gem) in Sydney.

If in Sydney then tune in, as they're pre-viewing with heaps of Black Caps content.

Rain in Birmingham, delayed start NZ v SA. Game is live and free on Channel 52 (Gem) in Sydney.

If in Sydney then tune in, as they're pre-viewing with heaps of Black Caps content.
Won the toss and bowling first again.
49 overs each

Last edited:
Close one there, Williamson saving the day. A few poor moments in the field nearly cost us, but South Africa returned the favour.

Blair

Coach
Our bowling looks the goods. Pace and fire! With some accurate spin. Boult was average last night though.

Meth

Staff member
Anyone can beat anyone on their day. People were just calling out for an upset to liven up the tournament.

MKEB...

Staff member
Had a customer at work who showed me his betting slip showing he put money on the lankans half way through their inninngs. $200 on Sri Lanka to win.

Ordinarily this guy wants a standard hair cut. Today he wanted a zerofade, hot-towel shave, black mask and he bought some product. I got a $20 tip ( normally I dont accept tips, but today I did.....bad MKEB...bad". It makes me happy when the Lankans win some times.

Wow, I though Warriors could put you through some up and downs during a game.

Dropping Gail 3 times.
Brathwaite nearly getting WI home, 6 from 7 balls, Boult catching him on the rope.

4 golden ducks during the match.
3 from NZ

NZ total 291
211-8 over 38 felt comfortable.
245-9 over 45 felt winnable
Henry over 47, 2 6 6 6 4 1= 25 runs.
286-9 over 48.4 Brathwaite maiden century.
286 Brathwaite caught Boult on rope.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Wow, I though Warriors could put you through some up and downs during a game.

Dropping Gail 3 times.
Brathwaite nearly getting WI home, 6 from 7 balls, Boult catching him on the rope.

4 golden ducks during the match.
3 from NZ

I'm only getting nervous about the whole CWC now. Can we win this, yes we can!

Huge week next week, Aussie and England.

Blair

Coach
King Kane, now comfortably NZs best ever bat, only halfway through his career

Careful about all that. It's hard to compare the bowlers they came up against. I'm presuming Marty is now second best, but he had: Lillee, Thomson, Alderman, Willis, Botham, Marshall, Garner, Holding, Walsh, Ambrose, Kapil Dev, Imran, Akram, Younis, McDermott, McGrath, Warne, Donald...

BLN2

Juniors
We're going well, although all our games are against teams I'd back us against (SA was 50/50). But my initial worries about the side are still there.

Guptil's opening partner (although he was out of form coming into the tourny himself). Munro is Munro, literally hit ad miss. Nicholl's is a grafter, hopefully he can give KW and RT some time to wear the ball. Bring him in this game IMO. Then bring in Will Young for our home Summer.

Our middle order is flakey. Probably because Latham can't buy a run, surely Blundell deserves a shot after his warm up hundred. Don't think it'll happen though. CDG is having a good tournament, and Neesham is going OK.

Boult's opening bowling partner. Henry cannot bowl in the last 10 overs, he's shit at it. Thought everyone knew that? Southee should be better at the death, but his record in the past few seasons speaks for itself.

Really looking forward to us against England and Australia, they'll be our true tests.

Blair

Coach
Solid start by Aussie, 71-0 after 14. Conditions should've favoured England, who won the toss.

Poms are a bit flat.

Last edited: