What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

insert.pause

First Grade
Yep, Lurker is reporting it's just a matter of signing the paperwork now for Su'a. Make of that what you will.

I'd love to have Su'a at the club! Kind of wanted him ever since the rumours last year as I think he is one of the best young forwards coming through in the game.
you must not watch him to closely, hes a terrible defender, always has been. Very skillful though.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs release Rhys Kennedy from the remainder of his contract immediately: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...om-the-remainder-of-his-contract-immediately/

Warriors chase Lodge, Rabbitohs pursue Su'A: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/25/warriors-rabbitohs-pursue-broncos-duo-lodge-and-sua/

A bit sad to see Kennedy go as I really liked what I saw in him but I think this is an indication we have indeed signed someone else, probably Su'a. I don't think the club would let a player like Kennedy go without signing someone else.

Wayne Bennett issued hands-off warning: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/ex...n/news-story/f567ac8a3fb8b1df697698869720d29e

So does that indicate we won't be getting Thompson?

callmack1

Staff member
Rothfield reporting that Newcastle May have poached Su’a from us in last minute huge offer.
Interesting, there's some people saying he has already signed with us.

In other news, the injury that will keep AJ out for this week is bone bruising to his leg apparently.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs extend playing contracts of Junior Tatola and Ethan Lowe: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...ng-contracts-of-junior-tatola-and-ethan-lowe/

Absolutely wonderful news for the club and I am stoked!! It was absolutely crucial that we kept Tatola as I can really see him becoming the cornerstone of our pack in the future and his best football is ahead of him. He has already improved out of sight this year and he seems to absolutely love the club so it's awesome to see him commit!

Lowe is another awesome re-signing, we all know his talents. To have a senior guy like him fall in love with Souths since coming and want to call the place home is a great sign of where the club is at.

I'm honestly stoked!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I’m actually pretty happy with this signing. Su’a has a ridiculous amount of raw talent and I think Bennett can unlock this talent over time as he is only young. What’s more is that our forward pack seems settled going forward with Tatola and Lowe resigning. I think we’ll probably see Lowe in the starting side next year for Sutton with Su’a coming off the bench.

What I do find interesting about this whole scenario is that we were pursuing Su’a last year supposedly when Seibold was still our coach. Why has Seibold changed his mind on him? Or is recruitment/retention more Richo’s job than people actually believe.

In any case. Gun signing. Great job Souths.

insert.pause

First Grade
What I do find interesting about this whole scenario is that we were pursuing Su’a last year supposedly when Seibold was still our coach. Why has Seibold changed his mind on him? Or is recruitment/retention more Richo’s job than people actually believe.

In any case. Gun signing. Great job Souths.
Might have something to do with him coaching a different roster? At Brisbane there are literally 9 forwards in front of him.

handyman2190

Bench
Might have something to do with him coaching a different roster? At Brisbane there are literally 9 forwards in front of him.
Seibold took ova a maguire team and had no time to change an already decent roster,maguire may have been shown the door but a bad coach he isnt and the systems he implemented were good, and didnt need changing. And until the last 6 games it was a success.
Seibold didnt have to do much, at the steeds he has virtually destroyed the roster, not many want to stay, if he succeeds at all it will be in his 3rd season,will the steeds wait,who knows who cares i look and applaud their losses and laugh at the players they are losing. Kennedy was promising, but a gburgi clone,i have seen him play and drop the ball 7 times and have it stripped 2wice, and all in 1 game,good luck to seibold and thanks for taking him.
This at least gives george a chance at resigning because we need props

insert.pause

First Grade
Seibold took ova a maguire team and had no time to change an already decent roster,maguire may have been shown the door but a bad coach he isnt and the systems he implemented were good, and didnt need changing. And until the last 6 games it was a success.
Seibold didnt have to do much, at the steeds he has virtually destroyed the roster, not many want to stay, if he succeeds at all it will be in his 3rd season,will the steeds wait,who knows who cares i look and applaud their losses and laugh at the players they are losing. Kennedy was promising, but a gburgi clone,i have seen him play and drop the ball 7 times and have it stripped 2wice, and all in 1 game,good luck to seibold and thanks for taking him.
This at least gives george a chance at resigning because we need props
so much hostility in reply to an innocent post suggesting his new roster might need strengthening in other areas.

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Fair call. I just find it interesting that he hasn’t got much a chance because it was looking like this year he was ready to jump into a bigger role. I do think Brisbane would be wise to look at a better 1-5 so I understand that logic as well.

insert.pause

First Grade
Fair call. I just find it interesting that he hasn’t got much a chance because it was looking like this year he was ready to jump into a bigger role. I do think Brisbane would be wise to look at a better 1-5 so I understand that logic as well.
He was coming off an injury and others got the jump on him.

handyman2190

Bench
Gburgi is a bloody idiot!! He will pay for his indiscretion, probably 6 weeks and no contract ,dead set hes done nothing this season,