What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Burns

First Grade
Newcastle is either close to a sell out, or Ticketmaster is inept and has no tickets on sale except the corners in the Upper Grandstands.

siv

First Grade
NZ v Tonga and PNG v Samoa were both Oceania Cup games.

NZ v Tonga - Oceania Cup with Aus

PNG v Samoa - Oceania Shield with Fiji

Next two teams are Cook Is and Niue

Bar NZ everyone else are similar standard and will beat each other every other year

Last actual Pacific Cup played in PNG had 5 teams with the Cooks being runners up to PNG

azza29

Juniors
Just picked up a ticket for Friday night's game, pax 9921. Not that Adelaide is being talked about as a legitimate expansion option, but ouch...

Saint Doc

Coach
Just picked up a ticket for Friday night's game, pax 9921. Not that Adelaide is being talked about as a legitimate expansion option, but ouch...

Hardly ouch. Do they have stadium members? And hopefully a walk up crowd? 15k would be a good result, definitely achievable

greenBV4

Bench
I bought mine around lunchtime today/tuesday and it was 8000, so thats nearly 2000 tickets sold in half a day

Billythekid

First Grade

What’s a good crowd in this situation? I doubt either side would get much more than 15K at home, roosters might get significantly less than that even. Adelaide is a non RL city being asked to attend matches not involving a team from their town. It’s hard to expect consistently big crowds.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What’s a good crowd in this situation? I doubt either side would get much more than 15K at home, roosters might get significantly less than that even. Adelaide is a non RL city being asked to attend matches not involving a team from their town. It’s hard to expect consistently big crowds.

Didnt it get over 20k last year?

greenBV4

Bench
We are actually looking like a National Comp this round!

My estimates:
Tigers v Souths @ WSS - 18k
Dragons v Cowboys @ Wollongong - 11k
Storm v Roosters @ Adelaide - 17k
Titans v Eagles @ GC - 12k
Knights v Broncos @ Newcastle - 24k
Eels v Raiders @ Darwin - 9k
Warriors v Panthers @ Auckland - 16k
Bulldogs v Sharks @ ANZ - 8k

Total - 115k
Average - 14,375

Valheru

Coach
Both of which are damn good crowds but there’s no way they should be expected to maintain crowds like that when so few NRL clubs can.

I hope it maintains a 15k+ average otherwise it may not be viable for us to take the game there especially when the new stadium is complete.

They could help the fans by having a Saturday fixture which would make it more appealing to melb/Syd based fans as a destination game.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Not much of a crowd tonight. Not sure because there was barely any hype for this game, or because Tigers are getting used to their new "home" ground.