What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

Izz

Bench
Yep, doubt it too. Sounds like the usual Bronco player agent line when their client really wants to stay in Brisbane - Alex Glenn, Matt Gillett have both thrown it out there when nobody from Warriors' was talking to them. More of the same here, imo

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yuck. He has connections with O’Sullivan too so it may have some merit, he is with his daughter and they have a kid together

Last edited:

Iron Lion

Juniors
Lodge would easily be the best forward at the Warriors if they signed him.

The guy is beast mode personified. Worth the money no matter what it is.

Even better if its Blairs money.

Sign Lodge and we win more games

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
It’s an interesting one

Do the Warriors need better forwards ? yes

Will he win them games on matchwinners money ? no

Is he a big PR risk that will lose the club fans ? Seems likely

Delicate situation they are toying with here, fundamentally though unless Kearney changes his game plan, what is the point of a huge money prop who isn’t used until tackle 4

BLN2

Juniors
The Pro Rugby Union Media here in NZ will absolutely shit on the club if he's signed. Not that that means anything really, just bad PR.

Looking at his stats, he's basically what we need. 150m a game, 50 minute spells, coming into his prime etc. Would easily be our best prop, future NSW player (as per Aus media). Price? Blair money or slightly less maybe, $600-$700 my guess?

Apparently Eels have moved on, and it's us or Broncs. If he doesn't sign, shows we have some cash. I'm still torn TBH. Second chances and all that jazz, but this is up there.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
From what I can see, well have around 700k from SJ and Luke's money for next year,
Then Blair and Green retire at the end of nek year, and both combined will be on about 1.4mil

Dylan Brown - 500k
Briton Nikora - 500k
Taupau - 8-900k

The rest can be spent on a few upgrades.
But as Beavers said..nothings gunna change until we change our game plan

Rich102

Staff member
Watched the Black Ferns vs Tonga.
It was the best performance I have seen from them.
They really had some good structure.
Assistant coach was Blair Green.
Could he be a starter as Assistant for the Warriors?
Time for Iro to retire.

Matua

Bench
Yeah, this is uncomfortable. He's exactly what we need - but also an absolute shithead that I don't really want to support.
Yep, I don't want to support this guy, my criticism of the Warriors for selecting Kata will pale in comparison if they pick this meathead. I'll be pissed at the Warriors if they sign him.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Lawton re-signs for 2 years

Writing well and truly on the wall for Lukes future at the Warriors.
With Lawon, Roache and even Jazz able to fill in, I can see Luke going. I wouldn't even be surprised if its mid season

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Luke won't be with us next year, but I doubt we'll solely rely on Lawton/Roache either.

As for Lodge, signing him would make me feel uneasy, but it wouldn't change anything in regards to me supporting the team.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Re Lodge I’m not a fan of what he did, but he’s a beast so I’d give him the benefit of the doubt as long as he’s kept on a short leash. No worse than Packer, certainly.

Matua

Bench
Re Lodge I’m not a fan of what he did, but he’s a beast so I’d give him the benefit of the doubt as long as he’s kept on a short leash. No worse than Packer, certainly.
From the reading I've done about the case and the aftermath of it I think it's a bit different from Packer.

I'm really stunned he didn't get jail time for that incident and it appears he was getting into shit in Oz before that - I think he was on a good behaviour bond for assault. There were also accusations of domestic abuse. (Links included because the last time I posted about known domestic abusers my post was modded).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matth...e_and_lawsuit_in_New_York_and_NRL_controversy

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/ma...p/news-story/20e7db00a78e34fc8c20cea50932cb8a

Packer clocked a guy, did his time and eventually came back. Lodge terrorised a family, other females, and as of last year had not started paying the compensation her promised.

I'm glad if he's gotten his life on track ... but I'd rather he did it at another club.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Doesn't matter anyway. There is no way that a guy who is supposedly "Homesick" for Sydney is gonna come to NZ. To play for the Warriors no less.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Yeah, Kearney's comments to the media pretty much confirmed there's interest/an offer.

Usually he brushes off speculation or talk of players coming in, but just like with Nikorima he actually took the time to compliment the player in question rather than a dismissive no comment.

BLN2

Juniors
From the reading I've done about the case and the aftermath of it I think it's a bit different from Packer.

I'm really stunned he didn't get jail time for that incident and it appears he was getting into shit in Oz before that - I think he was on a good behaviour bond for assault. There were also accusations of domestic abuse. (Links included because the last time I posted about known domestic abusers my post was modded).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matth...e_and_lawsuit_in_New_York_and_NRL_controversy

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/ma...p/news-story/20e7db00a78e34fc8c20cea50932cb8a

Packer clocked a guy, did his time and eventually came back. Lodge terrorised a family, other females, and as of last year had not started paying the compensation her promised.

I'm glad if he's gotten his life on track ... but I'd rather he did it at another club.

Your last 2nd to last paragraph is the medias "selective news" kicking in, he's settled a large payment with the victims as of June 2018, and has a large loan to show for it. Also the proposed assault was pre NY, to be clear.

This article is a good indication of the other side to the story.. POS would know him well I'd suggest.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...ctims-of-his-drunken-assault-in-united-states

I think he's the type of player we actually need TBH, just the baggage is heavy.. Probably knock a bit off his asking price (glass half full POV).